Reviews for Magic Chronicles
Avaloniex chapter 42 . 7/15/2012
ty so much for this story. It is truly epic.
Avicyn's Arbiter chapter 42 . 11/9/2011
Please write another one based on Innistrad. I have giests to hunt, vampires to destroy, and werewolves to slay. Goodbye

- -

\ /

\ /

(P.S. above is the collar of Avicyn, symbol of the Church of Avicyn.)
shadowrallen chapter 26 . 11/2/2011
Mirrodin? Twisted? How dare you! Mirrodin is an epic plane with epic creatures and epic battles! Galvanoth, one of my most powerful creatures, is from Mirrodin! So please don't bad-mouth it. The Five Suns Will Shine On! We Will Triumph! (p.s. that was the Mirrain battlecry during the war agianst the Pherexians.) shadowralle out.
SoulightDaemon chapter 42 . 4/7/2011
I wanted to say thank you for reading my story. However, I figured out later that I actually screwed up a lot of the Magic: The Gathering lore, so now I'm re-writing the back-story. The story system is still the same, where the Phyrexians are trying to take over the outer planes, but as for how they get the spark I have another idea lined up. I thought that the 5 planeswalkers were responsible for bringing Alara together. I later found out that Alara came together on its own, and the 5 planeswalkers were actually fighting each other, so now I have to fix that. The story was deleted because it's actually a pretty big thing to screw up the lore of something your writing about, but it will come back up as soon as it's fixed. Oh, and in answer to your question, it's a bit of coincidence. First off I hate writing about the quest of just a single person, and secondly I wanted to use all the colors of mana in this story. Because of that, I used the story of Alara to bring in 5 characters, and with those characters comes access to all 5 colors of mana. Thank you for the feed-back and it will be re-posted soon!
Shieb chapter 9 . 4/6/2011
I find it odd and a bit troubling that the Planeswalkers jump into the fight and just automatically know who the kids are and what to do. It's never explained how they know or anything.

Anyways, on to a more practical note. It would really be appreciated if there was some kind of separator between these battles. It takes one a moment to realize that the focus has changed.

There's also some issues with description. For example:

"Seconds later, the very surface seemed to be rising as a tremendous mound rose behind Beta. Ashley gave a gasp as the titanic, and very grumpy, Loamdragger Giant rose like a nightmare from hell behind the dwarfed Beta, over fifty feet tall."

The way you write this, it sounds like you're describing Beta as fifty feet tall, and the Giant even larger than that. You could be a little clearer.

"Concern crossed Jace's face, and that struck Viktor and doubly bad."

I think you mean 'as doubly bad.'

Yeah, you really need a separator between scenes. This is really confusing when it jumps from ShadowMoor to the other world, and far too sudden.

Don't take the critique too badly. This is actually a really interesting chapter, if a little difficult to keep up with. Too bad they had to go back home. I half expected them to take a breather and then jump right back into the world to try and find the other Key cards.
Naosj chapter 3 . 3/16/2011
You better not have seriously "blew up" the real Niv-Mizzet. OK ... good.

I thought you said Alana was a dryad.

Wait... Vengeance against the Selesnya guild?

At least it's a plot device and not a plot hole. I think.
Naosj chapter 2 . 3/16/2011
I'm just reviewing this chapter by chapter, but I can't help but wonder how five people can simultaneously forget about going home and reopening the portal. Don't they have family and friends and other obligations to worry about back on Earth?

I was honestly surprised they all so readily agreed to join the Selesnya Conclave. It was probably a better decision to do so, but I thought the shock of being torn away from reality and into a card game would create more confusion & turmoil, exposing each character to the more hostile and seedy underbelly of Ravinica and the guilds.
Naosj chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
It seems good so far. In spite of my long time playing Magic, I wouldn't even be here I wasn't halfway through the Ravinica cycle books. I wish I knew what year Z.C. it was though.
Shieb chapter 4 . 3/13/2011
This book makes me happy. There are a few mispellings and missing details that would otherwise make the story much clearer, (for example, you forgot to put that the Drake was returned before they entered the Dimir place, so they were riding and then suddenly walked in) but this is otherwise a really interesting book. Though I'm only on the fourth chapter- I'm a little afraid to read the rest- I hope this'll go to many new places. Ah, but what will be the dominating storyline? Curiosity drives me to read further.

Thanks for the great read! _
UG Madness chapter 15 . 2/27/2011
Wow! This is a real cool fic! Much better quality than your earlier Mechwarrior stories! I hope you will another magic story again!
Dr. Faust chapter 42 . 2/4/2011
Great ending to a great story. Good job _

I look forward to your future writings.
BestRivenAU chapter 42 . 2/1/2011
ME WANT sequel P

Seriously, a great story, and also the desire for me to push you to make a sequel is that this is the only good updated story in MTG fanfiction
Dr. Faust chapter 41 . 1/24/2011
That was amazingly done. Great job! I look forward to the conclusion. Be sure to pat yourself on the back.
BestRivenAU chapter 41 . 1/15/2011
Unfortunally, after you do your next chapter, it leaves me with nothing good to read, so Sequel plz P
Dr. Faust chapter 40 . 1/7/2011
I'm literally hanging on the edge of my seat! O