Reviews for Cold
britfanatic76 chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
I only started watching Merlin for the first time last night, and started shipping them almost instantly... after this episode, I had to go in search of fanfic, and this is one of the first that I've really loved. Really it's quite good, you're a fantastic writer!
Kittendragon chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Awe. Poor Arthur getting such a horrible nightmare. I loved that Gaius wasn't surprised to find Arthur at his doorstep. I also loved that the older man knew to just deposit the prince into Merlin's arms without question. ;)
CrayonsPink chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Great job!
Jessa7 chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
i don't see why you're worrying...this is totally wonderful and needs to go on LJ, as in now please.

i got here eventually, see?

(lisson17)
Removed chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
I like it! :) Specially great to see Arthur's thoughts and feelings on that day, although we followed him on this long journey, we never actually got to find out how he felt!

One minor point though:

...

Gaius thinks nothing of his Prince lying on his doorstep, distraught and barefoot. He picks the boy up

...

It could just be me, but I can't imagine Gaius being about to lift up Arthur, I don't even think Merlin could do it :) But otherwise a great little tiddlebit :)
Bottlebrush chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Good work, I like the style of writing here, and it's quite credible that Arthur should believe in his nightmare, seeing that Merlin has so recently been at death's door. The ending especially is good; after all the fear, the images of coldness and death, they are alive and warm and, for the time being at least, safe. You convey very well that feeling of danger past and a haven attained.

one small nitpick: in the last line of the fourth paragraph, "Now laying cold in the rain soaked mud"; in the first line of the eighth paragaph, "his Prince lying on his doorstep". The latter is correct. "Lay" is a verb that requires an object, you have to lay something. "Lie" doesn't require an object, you just lie. Common confusion.
0oxymoronic0 chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
That, that was undeniably gorgeously prettily CUTE! :)