Reviews for Win the Battle, Lose the War
Starkid191 chapter 1 . 1/12
Beautiful. I loved it. Just let me go cope with my feels...
nora chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
i love this please update the next chapter
forget-the-alias chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Gloriously written.
FebruarySong chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
So good! I was looking for some well-written fanfic for The Fall is this is lovely. Thanks for posting!
VintageNicky chapter 1 . 4/19/2012
I loved this! I think you captured the characters perfectly, and I really want to read more! Please please please can you write more to this story, it cant just end there :(
Anbu Fox chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Loved your story! Just finished watching the movie the other day and I'm so happy to have found yours! Great capture of emotions:) I felt sad like the other reviewers to learn that Alexandria had grown up. But it's a good story all together :D Especially the ending.
BadOldWestern chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
very good, i like the story he tells her. roy is awesome, but it made me sad that alexandria grew up.
KittyKatZorse chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
I love this story so much! There arent enough Fall fics around! Great writing
HasFar2Go chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
This was so utterly perfect. I could see this being tacked on to the end of the film.

Lovely and heartbreaking all at once.
son-of-puji chapter 1 . 10/2/2009
I cant tell you how happy I was when i found your story, and how grateful when it turned out just perfect. There is less than 5 fics in this theme on hte Internet, i guess, and it is a pity. But yours... i love your style, i have to say. you captured the moments and silence, all little movements and glances just perfectly. The whole mood and ending is just as bittersweet as in the movie. For a short terrifying moment I really thought you wanna kill Roy, despite all the events. I loved the small references on the film, the long-gone events, and touches, everything just adds its little part to the atmosphere. I also like how we cannot decide what relationship and feelings they have for each other, is it some father-dauther or man-woman thing, and it is good.

I only wish you had other stories in this theme because we really crave for such beautifully written fics here. This movie deserves it:)
Cunien chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
Wow. Wow. This is just brilliant, so beautiful written. The imagery is gorgeous, I can almost see it! You've captured the whole visual style of the movie in the words of the story. Thanks for sharing.

x.
Arty d'Arc chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
I feel as if I've read this but I did not review and for that I apologize. Such a wonderful story - both voices are just spot on!
Juniper chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
This film was beautiful, your fic is beautiful. I am so glad I was able to find this and that there is at least one for this movie.
crazed-ink-slinger chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
AH! You've seen it too! I loved this movie with all my heart! _ And Lee Pace- I fancy him... But only I only know two people who've seen it other than I.. a sad number to be sure. It gives me so much joy that my favorite fanfiction author of all has decided to do this. I promise you, I WILL die without another chapter. Great- now you've got me all excited. _

btw, I heart the line: The only thing of value that’s ever in his rooms is himself, and he’s debatable.

Go Roy! Also, I promise to die if they don't end up together... considering this isn't a oneshot... which would also bode ill.
Noir Productions chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
I just bought this movie today and its fantastic! this story is amazing and I think you did a brilliant job capturing the tortured soul that is Roy Walker. I was thinking of writing one myself, but not sure where to start. You've done a great job, kudos darling!