Reviews for The Different Shades of Grey
roni2010 chapter 19 . 2/8/2016
I can't waited to read Pandora!
KatyDarling chapter 18 . 2/5/2016
I started this story today after reading the author's note that you posted in Chapter 19 (I got you on alert since you're one of my favorites in the D&G ff universe). Boy, am I glad I did because wow.. just WOW! Your story got me riveted to my seat, facing my Nook for the majority of the day (even foregoing lunch and everything else!) simply because I cannot seem to stop myself from reading; I kept telling myself 'Okay, one more chapter' and what do you know, I finished all 18 chapters straight because you got me hook, line and sinker from the very beginning! And you say that you were a 'young, inexperienced author' when you penned this story?! Unfathomable, if you ask me. ;)

Anyhow, I'm so glad that I've come across 'The Different Shades of Grey' late in the game and just when you've decided to bring it back to life (I wouldn't have been able to stand the wait!). I know the revamped version, "Pandora" will continue to be brilliant and more! Can't wait to read it!

Thank you for sharing this gem of a story and for adding color to my dull day. Have a lovely weekend! :)
henniy chapter 19 . 2/4/2016
So glad you are not quitting, looking forward to read the new version :)
AzaleaMarie chapter 18 . 1/8/2016
If I could only pick one fic on here that I would like to see completed, it would be this one. Your characters have so much depth and growth throughout the entirety. Lara is also an amazing addition.

Despite this, I just think Draco is going to die at the end. Unless you completely surprise me and keep him alive. Just because whenever Draco is nasty in these fics, the author usually kills him at the end.
Ilovejesssss chapter 18 . 6/23/2015
Too sleepy to log in but just wanted you to know that I love and miss this story so much! Re read the whole thing on a whim (it's arguably my all time favourite fanfic). You're a fantastic, articulate and complex writer, I truly do hope some day you finish this story! The intertwining plots have become very complicated and full of depth so I can understand you're surely in no rush - but still, this story has a masterful balance of mystery, romance, action, adventure, character development, psychological exploration - it's by far one of the best I've read on here, and I can only dream of it's conclusion ;) anyways happy writing, I'm sure you're on to new projects and you need to follow the muse! Best! - Amber
Pink chapter 18 . 2/15/2015
Wow. I am in awe but this story I have no words! Please keep going it would mean a lot if you finished this story
Lioness1988 chapter 18 . 12/4/2014
I see from your bio that you intend to continue this story. It has been a challenging one to read as it differs so much from my usual HP interests, but I look forward to the continuation and resolution of the tale. You have developed complex characters, and an interesting plot, and the narrative is well written with only a few excessively poetic or dramatic phrases and descriptions.
Guest chapter 18 . 10/13/2014
Oh no! Was this story abandoned?!
ijustsailedaway chapter 18 . 9/10/2014
I really wish you would update on this *crossing fingers. The plot is already maturing and the twists got me so hooked on endless possibilities for the next chapters. The last update was year 2012 but you said so yourself that you won't be abandoning this story. Please please do update!

I should have reviewed per chapter but I was reading non-stop so here goes...

I love that you kept your promise on this story's darkness. Love is truly more exhilarating with a bit of pain. The lack of physical intimacy versus an overfill of emotional display on Ginny and Draco's disordered relationship has worked wonders for this story's growth. It made me appreciate every little bit of touching and kindness. Although sometimes I feel that there were gaps on the story's progress, your creativity and great pacing for each chapter's ending makes up for the unwritten events that should have taken place or descriptions that should have been explained. One example is Ginny's pregnancy, apart from the pace of it's growth, I think it's vital to describe once in a while how that powerful being's created a difference in her life whether she cares for the baby in a good or in a bad way.

Lara is perfect. She is the greatest enigma in this whole beautiful mess. I am so looking forward to Harry's soul to come back with Voldemort still inside him. Them mind-hurting each other never gets old for me. Pan's fast growing magic is interesting and to Ginny's supposed hidden magical greatness, I am really very curious to read more. Also, I would like to commend you on Draco, after all that he has been through, it's realistic that he'll turn out that way; dark , complicated and emotionally disturbed. I hope he'll learn to appreciate a little bit of light from Pan and Ginny soon.

Oh please please please be inspired to update!
Guest chapter 18 . 8/9/2014
it's a great story
henniy chapter 18 . 3/30/2014
I love this story! I hope you will continue cause it is bloody great :)
AccountNotUsedAnymore chapter 18 . 1/18/2014
I found this story on another site. It's so sad you never finished it. It's a good story with a storyline that seems like you thought it through really well. I hope you will finish it. I would be so glad :)
BlahBabe chapter 18 . 12/17/2013
Oh my gosh...I just went to click for the next chapter before realizing there WASN'T a next chapter. And then I saw you haven't updated this in a year. And now I'm freaking out.
Pleeeaaassseee update.
ilovejessssss chapter 18 . 3/24/2013
i just read this entire story again and i really have to applaud you. it has to be honestly within my top 5 favorite fics of all time. i love how carefully you have interwoven the plot and i truly look forward to discovering how everything plays out. it is really amazing how you have managed to give equal attention to draco and ginny and the new character lara (i feel like i know her she doesnt feel like an outside character at all) making them each a tragic protagonist in their own way. i do hope you eventually finish this story, but i completely understand that a plot at this level of epicness doesn't get thrown together quickly and without careful thought. just know im still rooting for you as an author and completely obsessed with this story. regardless of whether or not you finish it you really should keep writing, you are extremely talented!
Kaitlyn chapter 18 . 11/26/2012
I just found this story, and I really love it! I really hope you don't abandon it! Please update soon, I can't wait to see what happens.