Reviews for Game Within the Game
Ravenskixeris chapter 14 . 1/4/2013
... This is REALLY cool. From start I had 3 suspects : Master,Valeyard or 10.5...And this story was amazing! I quite wonder what about those other Time Lords. And those "legends". Couldnt you publish them as story? Idk, something like "Myths of Doctor" .. ok, that sounds stupid. But anyway, really nice story. I couldnt tear my eyes away from PC.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 14 . 11/12/2011
A bit uncertain about Jenny just being with the Doctor at the beginning of the story, but the crisis that prompted Torchwood to call for his assistance was certainly promising from the beginning.

His debates with Gabriel were interesting and engaging, creating a clear picture of Gabriel as an opponent who serves as the Doctor’s intellectual equal while also being essentially his moral opposite, ‘siding’ with the aliens where the Doctor favours the humans (Even if we’re still more inclined to side with the Doctor even when we can see Gabriel’s points as the Doctor at least tries not to let innocent people die, and that’s without taking into account the various pieces of evidence that Gabriel’s motives go beyond ‘helping’ aliens).

Your ideas regarding Gabriel’s ‘anomalous’ biology and telepathic abilities created some very interesting questions about his true identity and connection to the Doctor, with further details such as his lack of knowledge of Jenny’s true identity providing further clues (My initial prime suspect would have been the Metacrisis after plastic surgery, but he would obviously know who and what Jenny was), to say nothing of the intrigue of Jenny’s ‘revelation’ about his physiology.

I’m a BIT ambiguous about your idea that the Doctor ‘cast judgement’ on others- the Seventh Doctor certainly made broad-reaching decisions like that, but the Eighth only took action in the Time War because circumstances forced it on him rather than because he put himself in a position where he’d be the only person capable of making that choice-, but it does create an interesting idea about why the Doctor’s reluctant to actually do something as decisive as murder to his opponent no matter how bad things get, as well as allowing for some interesting debates towards the conclusion.

I remain slightly ambiguous about the final revelation of the villain’s identity- a good choice, but I would have preferred the Valeyard for the shock/rarity factor given how few people actually DO use that guy-, but it was still effective and my only flaw in it is motivated by personal preference rather than a shortcoming on your part.

Hope you write that sequel; I have a feeling that it’s going to be VERY interesting...
Arekanderu chapter 14 . 8/26/2011
This was a truly brilliant story. I loved the way you managed to get every character so perfectly. I am really sad to see taht you seem to have abandoned it. I hope that someday you will finsih it :)
KaraHalliwell09 chapter 11 . 7/27/2011
This entire story has been chillingly well written, completely breathtaking, you are really great at writing. The suspense has kept me glued to the screen. The best Doctor Who fanfic i've ever read.

Well done!
Queen Farli chapter 14 . 6/29/2011
Aren't you going to carry on?

I think that the 'Fire and Ice, Shaddow and Light' should be a story in it's own right you know, I've been looking for it for months, see, I re-found it after re reading this but I think it should go separately. Please do, or if you can' be bothered I'll post it on mine and give all of the credit to you. Please, it's one of my favourite storys on the sight.

Please do a sequal if yuo have a decent plot for it.

Yours

Queen Farli
Sara Eleanor Rose chapter 12 . 3/18/2011
I knew it. I SO knew it. I knew it from the very beginning.

All the signs pointed straight to him; intellect matching that of the Doctor, desire to make him suffer more than anything else, hypnotizing eyes, loves messing with that-which-should-not-be-messed-with.

Oh, heh heh heh, I bloody KNEW it!

I feel so smart now.
TenIsTHEDoctor chapter 14 . 1/24/2011
This. Was. So. F***ing. Amazing. O_O Omg, seriously the best Doctor Who fic I've ever read. Crazy awesome job!

xoxo Much Love, Britt
BeckyBoo12221 chapter 10 . 11/12/2010
Hey,

It's The Master isn't it, it has to be he is the only one that mad enough to add all of the differnt DNA to himself, and he knows The Doctor better than anyone else, please tell me is i'm write,

Bye,

Gabriel eats a lot...
Curiositysbeenframed chapter 8 . 8/27/2010
Loving!
Curiositysbeenframed chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
I'm getting a sort of Amy's Choice vibe from this... Even though thats much more recent, this seems similar...
Curiositysbeenframed chapter 6 . 8/26/2010