Reviews for In So Many Words
Poppy P chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
Oh I loved Hermione in this!
amazingtofu chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Ah, Rita, that bitch is at it again.

It seems so right that Hermione is the one who intervenes.

I love how Ernie's wand delivers Susan's revenge. It brings it almost full circle, I guess.

Susan is grieving. Hermione's there. Rita's out cold.
LivingForWriting chapter 1 . 8/29/2010
do I sound too smug if I say I knew who it was by the third tragic? amazingly written regardless and so beautiful that Ernie's wand loved her :)
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 1 . 9/27/2009
Wonderfully sweet, I'd say it was sad but the ending of the 20 things about Ernie already made me okay with this, even if it is still trajic.
katie janeway chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
That bitca Rita doesn't learn. And I think Susan's view is exactly right.
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
Ew. Rita. This was low, but perfect for her. Good job on the assault thing, that made me laugh.

KrisEleven~
madbrad chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Well, I'd like to think I was *this close* to working out that it was Rita - that last paragraph of dialogue from her was telling, of course - but as it was Hermione's entrance worked exactly as intended, I didn't have the time to sit back and think it out. A neat insertion of a classic canon tidbit to change the tone of the story and give us some satisfying revenge.

And I'm pleased my favourite HP character was able to give Susan some solace. It was also a nice stitch between the Rowling lightweight!canon!Trio and your mucho-serious!DA. Good stuff!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Sweet. Keep writing.
Froddopsycho chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Go Susan! It's just too bad she didn't kill the old bag.
Tannamom chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Another example of your wonderful talent. I really liked how Susan was holding it together until she couldn't any longer. Had to smile at the revenge she got and how Rita got what she deserved.
WuHaoNi chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I knew it was Rita the minute acid-green silk pajamas were mentioned. Great job, as usual. And I really love Susan's assault on Rita; especially the excuse she used. :)
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I should have guessed it was Rita from the first line!

Absolutely stunning. Did you get the idea from the story of the reporter who posed as a grief conseleor after Columbine?
chica blanca chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
beautiful.
SWaddict1986 chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
"The change was sudden and truly startling. All trace of gossipy excitement vanished, and the woman clutched at Susan’s arm with a gasp, her mouth dropping open in a perfect, horrified ‘O’. “You poor dear,” she simpered, then clapped her free hand to her chest. “I had no idea, really, I mean, by all accounts he’s still – well, he was –“"

I hate people like that, doing a complete change when you find out important information about someone. Doesn't matter if she was his wife or his friend- the pain is still there, should still feel bad for the girl for losing someone she cared for.

Ugh Rita...that I didn't see coming.

"It was too big for her, an awkward weapon, but she could feel that it recognized her, that it knew her, that it loved her even, as its master had, and there was no hesitation as she lashed out with all the pain that would never see newsprint.

Ernie’s money hadn’t mattered at all to her, but she found herself quite grateful for the sheer quantity of legal intimidation two hundred Galleons an hour could bring. Enough to plead emotional distress and hormonally-based medical inability to control her magical powers and thus to get the assault charges dropped, and the threat of a counter-suit for mental anguish besides."

That's so great. I love that Ernie's wand recognized her, and that Rita got exactly what she deserved.
Jessie Bishop chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing your work.