Reviews for You Do Have a Friend Here
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I really like how not one of them knows that Angela is Angelus. It makes a wonderful twist
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 1 . 5/22/2009

The more we witness of this series, the more I like it.

Angela continues to be a highly interesting ‘re-interpretation’ of Angel, combining the emotional drama of her struggling with the feelings she’s convinced she can never express with the complication of her new relationships with the group...

If nothing else, the idea of Buffy dragging Angela along on a girl’s night out alone was highly amusing (As was the added idea of Buffy convincing Angela to participate in Halloween; another reflection on Angela being more ‘one of the gang’ as opposed to Angel); add in the idea of Xander having a crush on Angela- even if it’s mainly based on her physically rather than her as a person-, and the situation just gets INCREASINGLY hilarious...

Of course, you also manage to balance that out with the somewhat-ironic issue of Willow’s jealousy of Angela; whereas in the series she was the only one who really seemed to support the Buffy/Angel relationship- before the whole Angelus thing-, here she’s the only one OPPOSED to it (Even if it isn’t quite the same relationship or for the same reasons, if you follow me).

However, in the end, I think my favourite part of this chapter was Drusilla’s meeting with Angela; not only was it particularly interesting to witness Angela’s reaction to meeting Angelus’s favourite childe- particularly when factoring in the fact that Drusilla knows who Angela is-, but Buffy’s own thoughts on Angela at this point combined an intriguing blend of respect and friendship with uncertainty about her own feelings (Particularly with that reference to Buffy looking to Angela for inspiration on how to act like an adult woman; now THAT is... strange, for lack of any better term).

In general, the only problem I have was the comment on how Angela has some difficulty when fighting because she lacks Angelus’s physical bulk; while I don’t deny that would be an issue, you’d think that Angela would have had enough training with Whistler and Buffy to get over the worst of that by this point, particularly since she spent so long NOT fighting after getting her soul back that most of her old ‘memories’- her body trying to fight the way it remembers being able to do- would surely have become pretty faded after spending so long just hiding.

Still, it’s a minor detail in the overall scheme, and she’s still strong enough to kick some serious ass when the need arises, so I’m prepared to ignore it in favour of appreciating the main plot.

Keep up the great work!
Dark Salior Sun chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Hey, I really like your story, you really let me intrigue about what gonna happen with Buffy and Angela. I want to know please write the next one I want to knoe what gonna happen Angela going to loss her soul like in the series or what please let me know and write the next episode soon
Turn.Me.On chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Great story! I can't wait until Spike finds out that Angela is really Angelus! Keep up the great work :)
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Would it be asking too much to put this into one story with chapters instead of making it a series? :P Spike's capacity for escaping from danger and returning with cartoon-like frequency always irritated the snot out of me. But I imagine this will pose more fascinating twists on this familiar canon in the future. I wonder when Drusilla will tell Spike the wonderful news about Angela?

Great storytelling, as usual, Philip. I'm looking forward to more.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
I can see how Angela is working out in this universe. She is a friend to the Slayer and her allies, as well as the one person who can give them information on the goings on of Spike and Drusilla. And being female, no need to worry about the CURSE slipping away due to a moment of true happiness! Now, its time to get Angela back in shape to take down Spike for good!
Allen Pitt chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Great story idea, keep it up! I like how it affects the side characters-Xander doesn't dislike Angela as he did Angel (no perceived competition for Buffy). Only bad thing is, if Angela loses her soul, Angelus won't be able to pretend to be Angela as Angelus pretended to be Angel at first... Oh well!

One has to wonder how the Angel the Series would go in LA in this AU. Heh. Connor? Who would be the dad? Spike? That kind of thing.

Poor Angelus won't have a thing to wear when he comes back...