Reviews for The King's Sword
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Fili chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
Hey, I review at last!

"...the sword that was broken had now been re-forged; the blade that severed the ring from the Dark Lord’s hand was now to become his own..." VERY NICE! What an incredible honour and burden that would be. And even though he had know for many years that this moment would come, still, the feeling of "this is it..." wow *shivers*

A good story, Elf :P *hugs*
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
i love it. you get aragorn's insecurities without making him all...movie aragorn. i love that you are writing book-verse! and i love aragorn.

keep writing!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
The handing over of the sword as a rite of passage - a very good gap filler!
KsandraMallan chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
This was very well written. You could almost say this is Aragorn's 'hero moment', where he finally leaves Strider behind and becomes Aragorn in truth. ) Nicely done! *offers cookie*
estelcontar chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
A most perceptive, and well written gap-filler. You've captured very well what the reforging of Narsil may have meant to Aragorn.
Aelaer chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
Beautiful gap-filler. Well written and very much what I imagine from the books- though interesting that you decided to put Halbarad there!

One small punctuation correction, though, for your future writings. When you write dialogue, the order should be comma, quotation mark rather than quotation mark, comma. Otherwise, very well done.
shirebound chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
That's a beautifully written scene, truly a momentous event for all involved.
PeppyPower chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
By the Valar, Ellyn, believe me, my heart stopped for a few seconds when I read this fantastic piece of a book gapfiller (I always hated that the designated King of Men left the sword behind in the movies).

I am SO impressed by how naturally you took Aragorn to accepting this sword as a sign of his heritage. When I first started reading, I wondered how you would get there, but you managed well. The slow process of change and revelation seemed realistic and natural in those few words. Le hannon for making Aragorn look like a real soon-to-be-King.

Alas! Now, and please accept my request, I'd need the same moment in time which you captured just beautifully, but this time young Thranduilion's POV. Ah, I'd LOVE to see what Legolas feels/thinks/experiences in this divine moment, since Aragorn is his dearest friend. That would make my time in hospital, you know, less boring. *hugs* Nina.