Reviews for Memoires Of A Mental Breakdown
So happy this story was revived...constantly checking for updates wore me out lol
But still has great quality and consistent writing I love this :)
June chapter 9 . 6/24/2014
This is great. I really love your writing style. Please update soon!
Distant Glory chapter 9 . 12/31/2013
You give the best presents, you know that?

I just - PLOT. AND THE POSSIBILITY OF NERO SURVIVING. Dare I hope that this hinted romance may actually GO SOMEWHERE? *waggles eyebrows suggestively*

You do have fun with Reno, don't you? I can tell. There's a flavour of revelry about his jerkishness - although possibly that is just him. It's hard to tell. (But I won't blame you if you do happen to be enjoying yourself. Sometimes there is nothing better than letting two opposite personalities bounce off one another. It's the whole point of this story, really, just with another foil...and a darker edge. DELICIOUS DARK PLOTTY EDGE.)

I loved Shelke's declarations as she was administering the mako. That was actually incredibly touching and I was verging on choking up.

And then...there was Yuffie. And I was back to burying my face in my pillow to stop my laughter from disturbing my parents. (Was Shelke conscious during all of that, by the way? I got a little confused, although it might have been the fact that I read this just after waking up and was probably not firing on all cylinders.)

Needless to say, I am on the edge of my seat here! ...so you'd better update again soon, before there's a permanent groove carved into my butt. ;)
CupofTeaforAliceandHatter chapter 9 . 12/29/2013
This was funny. Great Job!
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 8 . 9/4/2013
There's something so endearing about the mound of rubble that is the fourth wall. XD Yuffie's particular insistence on clearing up all plotholes Lucrecia is something we all appreciate, more so given the attitude that she (and Shelkester) bring to the table. xD Shelke's determination to reassert control over her power, in becoming her own person, is brilliant (and the bit with Shalua hit where it counts, which I mean in an emotive and not combative sense) and I for one was sort of thrilled to see that she still identifies as a Tsviet, rather than pink blouse jailbait.

Vincent Valentine, I shall now refer to you as 'Coffin Crapper' as often as possible, because that's how Vixen's perfect nicknames roll.
Distant Glory chapter 8 . 8/14/2013
Wow, Reno. Way to undo so much of the progress that Shelke and Yuffie had made. You go, you red-headed SOB.

I can't really blame Shelke for what she's doing. If Deepground was going to teach you anything, it would be that the best defence is a good offence. I just hope that she doesn't end up hurting herself more along the way... Although I would like to know where she's getting that mako! Isn't it getting pretty rare aboveground by this point?

Poor Yuffie, too. She's so confused and so worried. She's a good friend, even if she has some really strange ways of demonstrating it sometimes...

I can't wait to see what happens next! :D
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Reno you little shit. Death by the White Rose of Wutai and Cerberus is too good for you after pulling that stunt.

On the much more lighthearted end of things, I bow down to you for the brilliant commentary on Shelke's postgame outfit. XD And Social Skills: LVL UP is all kinds of fantastic. Yuffie going for the throat in defense of Shelke was excellent - still being herself while driving home that Reno severely done goofed, and for all his brooding, Vincent follows through as well. x3
Distant Glory chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Dammit, Vixen! This story is meant to make me laugh! Not make me cry! Not that I actually cried, but I was feeling more than a little teary myself by the end of things and I am totally in agreement with Yuffie about how Reno needs to die a painful horrible death. YOU JUST DON'T DO THESE KINDS OF THINGS. YOU DON'T BRING UP PAINFUL COMPLICATED RELATIONSHIPS THAT MAY NONETHELESS BE AMONG THE MOST POSITIVE THINGS THAT HAPPENED DURING THE WORST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE AND WILL PROBABLY NEVER GET ANY CLOSURE. JESUS.

Yuffie may have to move fast to get to Reno, now that I think about it. Once Shelke recovers a little, she's probably going to go after him herself...

Also, this plot is sounding distinctly ominous. Intriguing, but ominous...

(PS. With that second last line - I think you mean 'legible'. Not 'eligible'.)
CupofTeaforAliceandHatter chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
This is interesting and highly entertaining.
Milla chapter 7 . 6/26/2013
Lovely as usual and, while I personally prefer a more mature, "hiding-your-sorrow-behind-a-smile" Yuffie, you turn her hyperness into a veritable gold mine of wit and pseudo-intellectualism. I also appreciate that you emphasise what a good friend she is (some writers make Yuffie completely selfish, which, in my opinion, is wrong). If I could ask for anything, it would be a small dose of Yuffentine (not too much, as this focuses on Shelke's and Yuffie's friendship and interaction), but that's just me.
I would advice, though, to watch your sentences. Like me, you sometimes tend to make them too long and, while I can see it being character defining, it can make it hard to follow. There were also quite a few misspellings and other faults in this chapter, which is a shame, since you're otherwise very proficient.
Here follow a few examples:

"Haven't we trod upon this vein conversation before?" - I think you mean "vain" here, as in shallow not a blood vessel.

"I mean, you do where panties, don'tchya?" - "Wear" as in "you're wearing pants". Also, I think it's "don't ya" or "don't cha", however I'm not good with slang.

"Maybe even a Gensis clone or two, if you're lucky." - His name is "Genesis".

However, this is nitpicking. You're doing great and I look forward to your next update :)
Erilin-chan chapter 3 . 6/25/2013
That was long but loved the transition-ing. of the characters (I don't read much apart from Yuffitine, lol). I think my imagine is running high but what exactly was "Shelke wanted to practice and I was too lethargic." o.O
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 6 . 6/25/2013
*stealthy tacklehug*

VIXEN VIXEN VIXEN

HOW DOST THOU FAIR?!

Thank goodness you're okay (Yes, I interpret a conversation dedicated to the doomsday device of flavored condoms to be indicative of your good health. And Tsviet Loops.) That Yuffie's rants have driven Shelke to take up Proust, of all things, is crazy lolarious, and just Vincent. You and your mopey dear-semi-functioning-heart.

I'm having difficulty articulating how much I adore this update, as I'm overwhelmed with giggles and the fact of YOUR RETURN. Keep being awesome.
Erilin-chan chapter 2 . 6/25/2013
I think I would quickly loose my sanity if I had Hojo explaining things! Lol, Yuffie and tact - something that only works with a negative. _
Erilin-chan chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
A nice little stumble upon, little bit crazy but very amusing! I'm always so confused by Shelke and her 9-year old or 19-year old, Lucrecia or machine. I like their banter and Yuffie's craziness lol
Distant Glory chapter 6 . 6/23/2013
THE SOUND I WAS MENTALLY MAKING WHEN I SAW 'NEW CHAPTER: MEMOIRES OF A MENTAL BREAKDOWN' IN MY INBOX THIS MORNING. WHAT AN AWESOME WAY TO START THE DAY. (It was only a mental sound because it was six thirty and I didn't want to wake my parents.)

Hi, ReadingChick here. Except I am now DistantGlory. Or you can just call me Georgia, which would perhaps be easier.

Vixen, dear, I am SO GLAD to see you. I've been fretting about you. And I am so deliriously happy to see signs that you are upright and breathing that it's actually making it somewhat difficult to compose this review. So let me just say that it reduced me to helpless giggling only partially muffled by my pillows. Yuffie's strange fixation with artificially-flavoured prophylactics! Shelke's foray into literature! Vincent trying to get a tally of his own! You haven't lost your comedic touch.

Nor your ability to pluck the heartstrings, as witnessed by Yuffie and Vincent's discussion of vocabulary, and of course Yuffie's concern for Shelke (misplaced welcoming of the the Turks notwithstanding).

I am greatly looking forward to the next update, and discovering just what is afflicting Shelke and how Yuffie will solve it - although maybe 'solve' is the wrong word to use...

PMs, email and LJ are all viable methods for contact in the meantime. :)