Reviews for The New World
BloodRoseAngelReba chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I really like this, it's got some wonderful descriptions that really help you picture everything around them. You've kept the characters in... well, character, haha, and there's some nice little bits of humour in there too. It's one of those stories that doesn't need big dramatic events - it really conveys the pair's feelings for each other in a short space of time.
Martin III chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This is an excellent little slice-of-life piece, with great handling of the characters' personalities and mannerisms.

My favorite bit is where they dive into the water. You do a particularly good job of bringing the scene to life there, with wonderful attention to detail on their clothes and the boat's line. It also makes a wonderful moment between Justin and Feena, a very natural example of the characters we love just having fun.

The only downside is the ending. Feena's reaction is odd, and in general I don't know what to make of those last paragraphs.

Nonetheless, an excellent quickie. In the year-and-a-half-plus since this was published, pretty much the only true Grandia fiction we've seen has been Grandia II fics. Perhaps why I waited so long to read this is because I had a feeling it was the last hurrah for Grandia I fanfic.
Planar Piplup chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Great story. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I was honestly just thinking about Grandia a few moments before and how much I enjoyed Justin and Feena's interactions and the pairing itself. The nostalgia was killing me, but just short of deciding to replay this 10 year old game, I decided to check out any fanfiction it may have had instead. Fortunately this story was the first to greet me and all of the things I enjoyed about the pairing were kept intact within it.

I can't really judge whether the characters are out of character or anything like that due to not having played this game in close to a decade, but Feena suffering all of the fallout of being in love with an immature 'ADVENTURE!' loving boy and of course 'ADVENTURE!' Justin is there and that's good enough.

Another plus is that I didn't feel like gagging from this story. Usually, romance fan fiction, no matter how well written, makes me want to gag. Somehow your story avoided that vomit inducing sort of feeling. I don't know how but I suppose it just flowed naturally. So when the story reached its end...

Damn you! Thanks a lot! Now I have to play this game again.
Cathal chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Excellent Story, You have a real good way of portraying feeling in this chapter. Keep up the work.