Reviews for The Journey From Oidhche Shamhna
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Wow! That was an awesome story. You should pursue a writing career. No joke.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I don't people in their world ever worshiped gods
Oh Indeed chapter 47 . 2/24/2013
I read this many moons ago and remember loving it. I told many people about the wonderful story of the founders that would always be canon for me.
The only problem was I could not remember where I read it.
Yesterday I happened to stumble across a story that seemed mildly interesting.
Can you imagine my face when one paragraph in I realized that this was the story I have been trying to find for years?
I know it's incredibly rude of me to do this with out asking, but I have had this printed and bound so i can keep it with my other Harry Potter books.
Thank you for this exquisite piece of work.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Excellent. Outstanding work.
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 47 . 12/30/2011
I read your story today and it was fantastic. Completely, absolutely, mind-bogglingly amazing. Really, it's one of the best stories I've ever read, not to mention fanfictions! I love this story, its plot and its characters. Thank you so much.
Darth Marrs chapter 47 . 11/22/2011
A well done, inventive yarn. Thank you for sharing.
dreamersrequiem chapter 18 . 7/26/2011
Watching the last Harry Potter film, all I could think of when Harry is talking to Grey Lady was...this fic. It was a kind of "aww, she's all grown up and ghosty" reaction :P Basically, this fic has managed to stick, solidly, into my head. Great chapter, as always. I really liked the interactions between the various characters, and the way you deliever the information; it never feels like it's too much, or too little for the conversations they're having. It feels kind of natural, the way they're talking about it. I liked the ending, and the links between the pond, the mirror and what they mean, to Rowena especially. Poor girl; she's been through so much. Anyway, yeah, loving this, will read on when I cna.
dreamersrequiem chapter 17 . 5/16/2011
As always, I really enjoyed that chapter. I love the interactions between the different characters, espcially now that the circle is kind of windening. Poor Rowena! I really like the way you incorperate the Gods into it, and have them have such an impact on the characters. Great stuff, as per usual.
dreamersrequiem chapter 16 . 1/27/2011
I like the way you're bringing things together - nothing feels too quick or rushed, and though I don't fully understand why he killed that witch, I get the impression he didn't understand why either, it was something that just had to be done and I think that's an effective part of his character you show really well. Overall, a great chapter, enjoyed it as always.
dreamersrequiem chapter 15 . 1/10/2011
Again, a great chapter - I love the way you incorperate what we know of the founders into it, such as the diadem and the chamber. The descriptions are amazing, and I feel like I can really see Hogwarts slowly becoming the castle we know from the books. Everything you write fits well into canon. I really like how Erwin calls her 'my Helena' - even though she is not his, you get a strong sense of fatherly instinct, and it's clear that Helena and Erwin are going to have a strong bond; especially considering it is him she wants to feed her. As always, I love your writing, it's a huge joy to read.
dreamersrequiem chapter 12 . 11/1/2010
I LOVE seeing the school slowly take shape. Brilliant work - Salazar is starting to seem very anti-social, and I love how, as a reader, you can kind of see cracks starting to form whilst knowing they still have a long way to go.

Great last few lines!

As I said before, the characters are really 3D and I noticed another reviewer point out that it feels like Rowena's intelligence is wasted on Erwin. Part of me likes his character, part doesn't, in a really good way. I kind of want to see him go but at the same time, I'm worried for Rowena if/when he does go. Argh. Conflict!

As always, great chapter.
dreamersrequiem chapter 11 . 8/23/2010
My reaction to the interactions between Salazar and Helga is to squeal :P

Anyways, great chapter - I love how Helga was scared of the vision, whereas Salazar saw nothing wrong in it. It really makes me worried for what they're going to face later on. I like how the friendship is building up between them, and the way they interact with each other shows that really well. I really do think this is one of the best fanfics I've ever read. It's just taking me an age to get through it.
dreamersrequiem chapter 10 . 7/30/2010
Yeah, I squealed when they mentioned building a school. Hmmm, wonder what school that could be... :P

Anyways, great chapter as always! The idea with the wands was genius, and I felt really confused at first as to why they were biting each other's heads off, really kept me on the edge of my seat. Poor Rowena, worried about Erwin leaving. That must be so difficult to deal with, but I have a feeling he will go. Each character is brilliantly written, and I feel like I know them all really well at this point! Good job.
xxlifeinwordsxx chapter 47 . 7/22/2010
Simply put-this is the best fanfiction I have ever read. The way that you tied together the little that was known about the Founders and made it into this story was absolutely amazing. I loved the way that you built Hogwarts, as with each chapter you could see the modern-day wizarding world coming together. Then the way that you tied the story to canon was beautiful. There really aren't words to describe how much I loved this story. I had to keep telling myself to slow down so that I could enjoy it. In all, it was amazing and I think J.K. Rowling would be proud of what you've done with her characters.
dreamersrequiem chapter 9 . 7/11/2010
As always, amazing, wonderful story! I find myself squealing everytime you drop in something from canon, so the end of this had me grinning like an idiot. It's so cleverly done, and I like how you're building up the conflict in the group about what to do about Rowena. Nicely done.