Reviews for reading tea leaves
shelvesinthecloset chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
That was very cute and well-written. Good job.
Neon Genesis chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Aww. _ This was beautiful. I usually don't read ShikaIno. Actually, the only Naruto pairing I read is SasuSaku. I just don't...care...about any of the others.

Except this was wonderful and lovely and, like...introspective, I guess? Yeah. Oh, how my vocabulary fails me. But Shikamaru was so adorable in this. He reminded me of a blob. In a good way! Like, the amazing, squee-inspiring, huggable way. Maybe because he was asleep and then sleepy throughout it. Because that is so cute. Yes.

My favorite line? “Good morning, beautiful,” she said instead, falling back into the warmth of the space at his side." Because that was beautiful in all of its simplicity. Yesyes. Oh, and I also liked the part about how his breathing is a metronome she had learned to live by. Because while my vocabulary once again fails to supply me with more specific, helpful words, that little bit, right there? Yeah, that was pretty amazing.

I'm sure Missa will love this. D Because I tried to write her a ShikaIno once and failed so miserably, but she still liked it (or she was just trying to spare my feelings...), so she'll absolutely adore this because yeah, Ino was quiet, but I think that's all part of her being the fantastical being that is Ino, y'know? ...Shut up, I make sense.

But yeah? Yeah. Great job!
iMissa chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
I think Ino being so strangely quiet is what made it so amazing.

That and just the whole idea of this, of the quietness of morning, where everything is slowed down and you're not completely awake or conscious so everything is okay.

BUT THIS WAS MORE THAN OKAY, IT WAS INCREDIBLE. It just captured the moment so wonderfully; seriously, Anne, you never cease to amaze me.

And really, darling, it's not THAT late XD. Besides, the amazingness MORE than makes up for it.

Thank you, I love it SO SO MUCH. (And you. DUH.)
18 | « Prev Page 1 2