Reviews for Path of Thorns
Pia Bartolini chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Of course I love it. Damnit, and now I have to follow ANOTHER story jones'in for upates whenever I can get them, like the dutiful addict I am. Thanks a bunch Ravyn.

More seriously, I really DO like it, the cadence of the story is nice so far and I am intrigued with the premise. It has a nice feel to it, and while it does remind me of some other KK stories currently out there (I think Jessie has one that has a similar feel to me, Tiger Eye might be the name?) it is also fairly unique. There's something about the way you write the characters that draws me in from the first page and then builds from there. It's a rare talent and this story is FULL of literary hooks that have me thoroughly interested. I TOTALLY understand slow updates and wanting to write it right the FIRST time, as opposed to rushing through it and being unhappy with it, but the simpering fangirl in me does have to obligatorily beg for an update as soon as possible. I can't help it, I LOVE your stuff. Especially when it's not *too* dark. This feels like it will have some weight to it, a touch of angst and drama, but nothing too heavy or depressing which I am looking forward to.

And yes, I totally need to catch up on your updated rewrites, life got REALLY busy and my computer was killed by a toddler. In fact I am heading over the LJ *right now* to open up the sections I didn't read and get cracking. I'll let you know if anything catches my attention.

Brilliant as always dear, can't wait for more!

- Taryl
ParsleyFeline chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
O_O Dude. That is so cool.

Just one thing, there's a couple of consistent spelling errors. Staring only has one 'r' and I don't know if you want to use the word 'ruin' or 'rune'.

Besides that, I'm really enjoying this. It's got a very Beauty and the Beast feel about it which I'm going to guess is what you're going for here.

It's really ironic. I seem to be reading a couple of Kenshin fics that focus on flowers XD
akasha-d chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
As per usual your story hits the level of all kinds of perfect! I cant wait to see what happens next!
Stardust Angel2 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Wow! I'm speechless. I have read your other Kenshin stories but I can honestly say this is, for me, the best opening chapter. Long time between updates, you said? That is just pure torture, having to wait a long time to know what happens next.
midnightblue123 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008're actually back! This story seems to going great just don't forget your other unfinished stories, will you?
ppr1883 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Wow. I completely loved it! I can't wait for more.
Nagasasu chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
First of all, hooray for a new story! Yay! I was quite excited when I saw the message in my inbox saying you had a new RK fic out.

First chapter is reminsicent of Indygodusk's "Slumbering City;" there's a garden Kaoru is awakening, and a house whose master has been gone for awhile. And quite obviously there's some fairy tale thrown in. :) Most obviously being Beauty and the Beast, in that sense there are faint echoes of Robin McKinley's Rose Daughter. In a good way of course, your style of writing is more grounded than the ephemeral quality of fairy tales. The scene where Tae comes in to tell Kenshin that Kaoru has found the roses, made me think of the scene in Disney's Beauty and the Beast where Mrs. Potts comes in to tell the Beast that Gaston and co. have arrived. Lol, ah Tae as Mrs. Potts. XD Towards the end I was reminded of "East of the Stars, West of the Moon;" that Kenshin would have to leave if Kaoru ever turned the light on when he visits her at night.

Liked the idea of having a Uni for mages. I'm puzzled by the nature of Kenshin's madness. At first I thought he was trapped in beast form day and night, but Kaoru sees him during the day as human. So he's only human during the day? Hm. And the idea of having him as a beast in human form during the day as well (the idea of him rising the walk on two legs, and him having a veneer of humanity), it makes me think he's really a beast trapped in human form not the other way around. Which would be really interesting.

Also when Kenshin refers to "she," he's referring to Kaoru right? If so, it seems strange that he should react (repeatedly!) with anger, especially when she's healing the garden. Is he angry at himself, his own inability, his circumstances? Anyways, I'm quite sure all will be revealed in due time.

And hooray for the snuggling at the end! Lovely chapter, and as always, looking forward to more. :D
Ange Noir chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Squealasm which of course is a squeal and spasm all at once. I'm in love
rvgt32 chapter 1 . 10/22/2008

That was such a perfect place to stop, and I should've expected it from you ;)

I love this story already. At times I was holding my breath waiting for what was going to happen next.

Perfect opening, I must say. Looking forward to the next update!
poems2songs chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
interesting story... like it so far... lots of mystery... seems that kaoru had a close encounter with something unknown... wonder what happens next... update when you can... please and thank you...
Emumoon chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
I am always impressed with your writing, and this is no exception. I am saddened that you will not be posting a new chapter anytime soon. Oh well... I look foreward to some Yahiko and Kaoru dojo moments.

~~TTFN, Emu
LordRandallsLady chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Looks like the start of another excellent story. There are a few grammatical errors and typos here and there. For my taste, the chapter was also a bit long, but that's just a personal opinion. All in all, I enjoyed it and can't wait to see what comes next.
lizzie chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Interesting as usual! I will wait patiently for the next chapter. Thank you!
C.Majalis chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
Tenshi: Yay! Fuzzy-wuzzyness! (cuddles Fuji)

Fuji: I never thought myself to be very fuzzy...

Tenshi: (shrugs) Eh, you're soft enough to hug so that compensates! I was so confused in the beginning. I thought Ken-tan was angry with Kaoru, but it's another woman! Thank goody-oodness!

Fuji: (sweatdrops) What's with the cutesy act?

Tenshi: I dunno, if my classmates saw this they'd yell "Apocalypse!" (to Ravyn) Keep up the awesome Rurouni Kenshin fics and update soon okay!
localsamurai chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
So, is Kenshin some kind of werewolf? I'm feeling Beauty and the Beast vibes. Which is fine with me because that was my favorite story. Loved it.
357 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 Next »