Reviews for Proud of Your Boy
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
You need to check your spelling, some parts didn't make much sense, the structure was a little awkward, and pipas aren't flutes. They're string instruments. Also, why in the world was Zuko talking to himself in the middle of the night? The show never shows him monologuing, except for those two times when he was talking to a badger-frog.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
More please!
j chick12 chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
i think it's good you should write more chapters
Halan Lore chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
Failure and Beloved. The writers of Avatar were pretty sneaky huh?
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Interesting. Anymore?
El Pajaro de Fuego chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
Very good song-fic. I thruly like it.

Ursa was very brave. And a very good mother. She sacrifice herself to protect her son. Unfortunatly, even when she saved him of one monster, she couldn't save him from another: his very own father.

Zuko became my favorite character of Avatar when he sacrifices it all, just like his mother, to save himself. He sacrifies it all to clean his conscience. I would like to seen how Zuko find his mother, but the anime has already end (snif). At least i saw him reconcile with his uncle, that was one of my favorite scenes.

And good shot about Ursa being an airbending. you're right: in the cannon verse his mother was a nonbender and that leaves her a blank slate of the inmaginative author. I always wondered how she could defeat to the Firelord Azulong!
Pepipanda chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
I can definitely see what you mean by saying that the song was a perfect match!

I really liked how you used this, not only to reflect on Zuko, but also to show the Gaang parts of his life that he hasn't told them about. I also liked how there were mentions of the lack of contradictions from Toph. I think she would be monitoring for lies, and the group waiting to hear about any.

A pipa is a bit big to be carrying around like that, but it does sound nice. I play a yue qin(a sort of smallish rounder Chinese guitar(literally moon instrument)), but, I think, if you were traveling around, an erhu would be good(or a flute, however that does not lend itself well to singing :) ), except it sounds kind of screechy.

Anyway, great job and great choice of song!

Pepipanda
arizony chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Nice story. Yes, it could indeed be more than a one shot. However, I would caution you...It will need more than just a trite add on. Your continuation will need as much, if not more, thought put into it than the original. Looking forward to see what you come up with.
ArrayePL chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
It's very touching. I like your idea that Firenation is musically inclined, but since the war forbidden to show it.