Reviews for The Magpie's Nest
Cassiopeia823 chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Oh my god, that was beautiful. I've been going over the little I know about lost long-term memory, and I do know that it's more easily recovered with familiar things. I think Booth stands a good chance of recovering.
ehliza chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
I'd love this one to be M-rated :), wouldn't you consider it, pretty please? :)

It was great, absolutely loved it and Brennan's limbo apartment was heartbreaking.

Btw., I definitely agree on the "real sex issue", for one it goes in hand with what the actors and Hart Hanson were saing in interviews/on twitter, but the clocks in the beginning and in the end of the sex scene are speaking loudly enough (definitely different devices :)).
notmagnificent chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Beautiful. That is absolutely beautiful. I have no idea why you think so negatively towards it. Your writing is lovely, and the story is just...ahh I don't even know. This makes me, like, happier than words can describe. :)
joana.nyc chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Oh wow. This totally had me in tears. Seriously amazing.
doresz chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
You think this was cliched? Hell no, the episode, that was cliched! I loved every word of this story, it made last night's episode complete. I now TPTB needed that stupid cliffhanger, but to me it's just hanging in the air, there's really no sense to it.

This story, however, is great and whole, from beginning to end (hah).

And I've been really bad about reviewing, so this one should make up for the ones I forgot to write. Hope you're feeling better now! Looking forward to your updates (whichever story comes first)! :D
samleigh chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Wow if Hansen actually did something close to this I could maybe forgive him. I am with you I like the episode until the last few minutes. Why after four years of building this relationship would you want to tear it apart just so they could go another season of them not having Sex? I wish they would let you write for the show because I don't understand why it is not possible to write a show like this and have them be a couple and not make it into a soap oprea. Ok I have some pent up anger..

But I love you piece this would be the only thing that could make it right I think. Wonderful.
Jillian chapter 69 . 5/13/2009
This chapter (69. What's Real) made me envisage a scene in my head. Y'know, as opposed to in my little toe. ;-) Anyway, I wanted to share it with you. Keep in mind it's 3:46 AM here for me, so I'm not entirely sure of its quality or coherancy:

Seeley: I believed that these things were messages from friends or spirits, or what-have-you. Now I know it’s just a tumor that can be cut out and tossed away. It makes it seem less real. Everything I imagined was just a lit.

Me: I’m sorry, but I don’t see how that makes a difference. Faith means believing in something even without any proof. And really, the evidence here can be interpreted whichever way you choose to believe. God set up a scientific universe. Why can’t he work through science? Is there any reason a tumor can’t be a tool in His hands? Maybe He gave you that tumor because you needed those hallucinations so you could hear those things. And maybe it’s been discovered now because you don’t need it anymore. I mean, d’you really think Brennan will allow you the luxury of self-deception, now that you’re together?
Sheytune chapter 69 . 5/9/2009
I hadn't really considered this, but having (and believing) those hallucinations would be kind of disorienting - especially once you know they're a result of a tumor.

Feel better soon. :)
SuchAGoodGirl chapter 68 . 5/9/2009
Great chapter. Loved the fact that they were both listening to the song too.
SuchAGoodGirl chapter 67 . 5/9/2009
I didn't see this side to Brennan in earlier seasons, but the writers have seemed to really push their 'damaged' aspect this season. It's been hinted that Booths traumas will be explored more in season 5. Gotta wonder if they'll do that with Brennan too. Ooh... *thinks* I wonder if that will have anything to do with HH promise that there will still be tension?
hpaich chapter 69 . 5/9/2009
I don't know if you meant for this to be a sad piece, but I really felt sad reading it. A man struggling with his fears and his faith, at one of the most critical moments.

When we're lost and can't make it on our own, we reach out for those most special to us.

Sad, but reassuring, too, in a way. Wonderfully done.
bearlee-there chapter 69 . 5/9/2009
Probably my favorite part of the epi: "...and her demand that I trust her? That's real."

Excellent piece. Thanks for posting.
emzel person chapter 69 . 5/8/2009
thanks for the update, i hope you get better soon
CupcakeBean chapter 69 . 5/8/2009
"She's real, more than anyone or anything else, and that smile, oh man, that smile's real."

Beautiful chapter. The last paragraph made me ridiculously happy. :)
bb4evr chapter 69 . 5/8/2009
I am sorry to hear that you are sick. Take care of yourself.

I really liked this one. I could see where he would think that.

PPS!