Reviews for The Magpie's Nest
Pha1ange5 chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
This was fantastic! I feel the same way about the finale ending, but I'm glad you took the time to "fix" it. :)
mereva chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
I was *so sad* after the episode. And you made me cry all over again. BEAUTIFUL shapter.

(For the 'real' show I hope though, that he doesn't have amnesia but is just confused *what* Brennan exactly he sees: his pregnant wife Bren or his partner Bones.)
SuchAGoodGirl chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Thank you.

That was wonderful. And a much more satisfying conclusion than we were given by people who should know better.

Hope you're starting to feel better now.
mendenbar chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
First of all, wonderful chapter. I think that if they keep the amnesia (as opposed to a "gotcha" moment in, I think, either X-files or Moonlighting, that this story would fit just perfectly.

Second, I loved your A/N. Most of the posts I have read elsewhere the fans hated the AU sequence and loved the ending. I enjoyed the AU but was generally disappointed since Hart had promised us "the real thing." Assuming they get renewed, the season should at least start out interesting.
boneskittie chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
You should get mad more often. This was wonderful. Loved it.
Writer Unblocked chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Ugh I cannot believe Hart Hanson did that to us! I did think that it was a nice episode overall but based on every single spoiler I could possibly find I was expecting a HAPPY ending...or at least one that wasn't as sad as this one. I now need to read many fanfics with happy endings to make myself feel better.

Anyhoo, yours was a great story. I've read a couple of these so far and I think yours is one of the more original. Nice touch with her getting the apartment down the street (you actually had me thinking that Brennan had ESP or something for a minute there). Hope your pneumonia gets better!

-Harlem
squintwannabe chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
I liked that, especially her living across the street to watch over him very cute.
Cassiopeia823 chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Oh my god, that was beautiful. I've been going over the little I know about lost long-term memory, and I do know that it's more easily recovered with familiar things. I think Booth stands a good chance of recovering.
ehliza chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
I'd love this one to be M-rated :), wouldn't you consider it, pretty please? :)

It was great, absolutely loved it and Brennan's limbo apartment was heartbreaking.

Btw., I definitely agree on the "real sex issue", for one it goes in hand with what the actors and Hart Hanson were saing in interviews/on twitter, but the clocks in the beginning and in the end of the sex scene are speaking loudly enough (definitely different devices :)).
notmagnificent chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Beautiful. That is absolutely beautiful. I have no idea why you think so negatively towards it. Your writing is lovely, and the story is just...ahh I don't even know. This makes me, like, happier than words can describe. :)
joana.nyc chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Oh wow. This totally had me in tears. Seriously amazing.
doresz chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
You think this was cliched? Hell no, the episode, that was cliched! I loved every word of this story, it made last night's episode complete. I now TPTB needed that stupid cliffhanger, but to me it's just hanging in the air, there's really no sense to it.

This story, however, is great and whole, from beginning to end (hah).

And I've been really bad about reviewing, so this one should make up for the ones I forgot to write. Hope you're feeling better now! Looking forward to your updates (whichever story comes first)! :D
samleigh chapter 70 . 5/15/2009
Wow if Hansen actually did something close to this I could maybe forgive him. I am with you I like the episode until the last few minutes. Why after four years of building this relationship would you want to tear it apart just so they could go another season of them not having Sex? I wish they would let you write for the show because I don't understand why it is not possible to write a show like this and have them be a couple and not make it into a soap oprea. Ok I have some pent up anger..

But I love you piece this would be the only thing that could make it right I think. Wonderful.
Jillian chapter 69 . 5/13/2009
This chapter (69. What's Real) made me envisage a scene in my head. Y'know, as opposed to in my little toe. ;-) Anyway, I wanted to share it with you. Keep in mind it's 3:46 AM here for me, so I'm not entirely sure of its quality or coherancy:

Seeley: I believed that these things were messages from friends or spirits, or what-have-you. Now I know it’s just a tumor that can be cut out and tossed away. It makes it seem less real. Everything I imagined was just a lit.

Me: I’m sorry, but I don’t see how that makes a difference. Faith means believing in something even without any proof. And really, the evidence here can be interpreted whichever way you choose to believe. God set up a scientific universe. Why can’t he work through science? Is there any reason a tumor can’t be a tool in His hands? Maybe He gave you that tumor because you needed those hallucinations so you could hear those things. And maybe it’s been discovered now because you don’t need it anymore. I mean, d’you really think Brennan will allow you the luxury of self-deception, now that you’re together?
Sheytune chapter 69 . 5/9/2009
I hadn't really considered this, but having (and believing) those hallucinations would be kind of disorienting - especially once you know they're a result of a tumor.

Feel better soon. :)