Reviews for Mirrors To Scars
criminally charmed chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Nice. It does seem like Sam needs to be reassured that Dean will still be there for him.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
OMG! GIRLY

this was frekain ACE!

i love love loved! it

ahha

awesomely written

we definatley needed this limp-ness!

whoo

you nailed it as usual hun xx

:D

xx

can't wait to see the yellow fever one x
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
'When he’d been brought back from the dead, he’d come back with all his old scars, and more.'

Loved this line, and I still love your mission!

Not only do I appreciate the way you took that scene and hurt Sam, but how you added the emotional depth to it. I know the ep was supposed to be light hearted but it was too light and missing heart. So thanks for fixing it up :)
Janiqua chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
I never thought about that. When Sam came back from the dead, he still had that scar on his back. But Dean comes back perfectly new. Not exactly fair, is it?

They need to do more with Sam's scar. I'm glad you included it.
TraSan chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
It wasn't my favorite episode either. Visually it was fun and the shapeshifter/dracula speeding away on the moped was hoo-larious. And that's about it. The brotherly interaction felt flat to me and that either one or both of the boys could have been replaced by just about anyone. Not their performance, but the writing didn't do them justice.

Now this ending? Woot! Would have loved to see some brother concern. We didn't have get Dean shouting Sam's name (which is ALL it would have taken for me). We did, at least, get a concerned look from Sam when he was releasing Dean. :D

I like the angle you persued here. And the emotions you brought out. Lovely.
Phx chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Aw - now this version I liked. I'm in the same frame of thinking about this episode. I liked it visually but didn't like it beyond the black and white. There really wasn't any brother interaction beyond the superficial, and, well, I kinda felt Sam was once again window dressing, the side-kick.

Now if this had happend, I would have loved the episode. I'm easy to please, just give me some protective and growly Dean and a hurt (even mildly) Sam :)
snowcherries chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Loved it! This is what the episode needed-a bit more brotherly bonding. And I loved the line about Sam's scars belonging to Dean. Perfect.
calcium77 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
I like your mission. Add limp sam to every episode? Awesome idea!

I have to agree...this was kind of my least favorite episode so far this year. It was still better than all other shows out there of course :-)

Thanks! I look forward to your next episode addition/rewrite.

kat
ROBINV chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
You might not have liked the ep upon which your story was based, but this was so satisfying and far more perfect an ending than the one we got. Dean getting laid was more what Kripke and Edlund wanted, I'm sure, but most viewers would, I'm sure, have preferred what you wrote here. There is so much depth and love. Sam's scars-what Dean sees as failure and what Sam sees as his brother's protection-are what we see as a bond between two brothers who love each other beyond all else.

Love, Robin
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Fantastic oneshot. I love the way that Dean just dropped the girl where his brother's heath was concerned-no one or no thing comes before Sammy!
LittleLonnie chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Likw I said the other day some other place "I can't wait for someone to write a better version of this alt. scene then mine" lol because mine isn't all that good. It's always better to read others hehehe. I loved this. Stupid people snubbing us for some good limp!Sam and protective!Dean. I love it!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
They keep robbing us of good hurt/comfort limp moments, don't they? Sam gets knocked out but if there's no Dean taking care of him it sort of spoils the fun. Which is why your fic is so wonderful of course :) I'm thrilled you're keeping up with tagging the eps with a limp twist.
bree1387 chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
Awesome. Definitely what this episode needed.