Reviews for And The Wind Began To Blow
Guest chapter 12 . 12/15/2014
I've had to have several week long breaks in between reading chapters of this story because I cry like a baby every time. This is so sad and it's really well written and one of my favourite ff stories I've ever read! X
riku000 chapter 12 . 3/9/2012
Yeah... I dont review often, but i think its time to complete the 100. This was really sad, really really sad and you know how to write. I almost saw everything right before my eyes. Glad, that Scrubs didnt end like this. Keep writing for another stories, you really have talent.
weird chapter 12 . 2/29/2012
This was a very good little story, but I kept getting confused by the kids, their ages and the other times you mentioned.

For instance Jack and Izzie seem to be the same age in some chapters. Yet Izzie goes to kindergarten with Lucy, who is four. JD and Elliot supposedly worked at the hospital for twelve years, but Jack and Izzie and Sammy are only around 5 years old. There's no way the timelines match up.

If you take out the kids, though, it was good.
CaptainPumpkinPie chapter 12 . 6/6/2011
I just cried for the first time in...years, I think. Thanks, you darn tearjerker

:')
Earenniel chapter 12 . 4/26/2010
Hi :) It is with tear-stained eyes that I write this review. You have to know that I have never, ever cried while reading a fanfic. Ever. I could always somehow distance myself from the story since I knew that's all it was, a story. Until now that is. You are such a gifted writer, a lot of JD dying, JD's death, the aftermath of JD's death stories that I have read all seemed a little rushed or poorly thought out, or had bad characterization. This however is something else. You have really thought this through, the characters are spot on, the story moves along at exactly the right speed, the way you have described everything is brilliant, this has to be the best "JD Dies" story I think I have had the privilege of reading. It just so awesome! Im sitting here nearly balling my eyes out! Its obvious from the little things that you included that you are a big fan of Scrubs, like find the saltine, which made me smile :D I just loved the way Jack is strong for Jenny, the play, the lyrics at the beginning and endings of the chapters - that was cool :D Perfect song choices too - you know what I just cant praise this enough, it really is a piece of Art! Since I have only just found this fanfic and you as an Author, I am now off to read the rest of your stuff - I can't wait! :D xx
I.Am.Failure chapter 12 . 8/19/2009
Oh My God...

This story made me cry. You are a very good writer.

I'm just glad this is a fan fiction and not an episode. If it was i don't think i could watch scrubs again.

amazing.

keep writting

x
Forsitis13 chapter 12 . 8/3/2009
dude

swear to god i have never cried more while readin a fanific

really good but ridiculously sad
Bubble Wrapped Kitty chapter 12 . 5/28/2009
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Sorry it's not very eloquent but I can't think of anything better to say at the moment, crying too hard. But I loved it, thank you for writing and sharing it.
Semaphora chapter 12 . 4/1/2009
This is such a shocking, devistating, yet beautiful piece. I love how you've highlighted the emotions of every character, and how you thought to include the children and their reactions. The last two chapters were absolutely heartbreaking, but I love the way that they flowed. The Janitor's recital of the poem was so beautiful, and I like how it concludes on a more positive note - still extremely emotional, but with hope for better times ahead.

You're an amazing writer. Hands down, this is one of the best Scrubs stories I've ever read. I never used to be into the canon pairings, but you've completely turned that around for me. The way you managed to bring JD and Elliot's relatioInship alive, even without them being present, was just breathtaking. My favorite scene, in fact, would probably have to be when Turk entered the spare room and saw that they had begun painting the walls. It was such a domestic thing to place in there, so normal, and it had an amazing effect.

Like many other people, I'm one of those who say bring on the death sentance for the stupid eighteen year old who caused all this. Or, at least, let Carla throttle him or something. Still, I think if she had the chance, she probably wouldn't, because that might make her as bad as him.

But now i'm just rambling.

The emotion... the angst. God. I'm bawling here. Still, the level of skill displayed in writing this is excellent. You're really a talented writer.

x
Vandenberg chapter 12 . 3/7/2009
You've perfectly executed every scene, each character was professionally summed up and their reactions were poignant. I was surprised when you gave the Janitor a role, since some authors would usually forget about him or misunderstand his peculiar disposition.

And having the Janitor give the poem in the end was fitting, because in my opinion, he stood on a different plane from all the others; an observer, seeing bits of other people’s perspectives... You could even say he was neutral. Even though he didn’t have an incredibly strong connection to the family, the sheer hardship of it all had even affected him; a character that didn’t take any particular side, standing in no man’s land. The condolence book unsurprisingly fitted in as well.

The driver’s reaction was well done and pretty much personified the majority of 18 year old guys... Not implying anything though. Nothing implied...

When the parents had to explain to their children what had happened was something totally new to me, I hadn’t encountered a single author to take this up on themselves... it was nice and I dare say- “Refreshing.” Although it was risky (sweeaat), you did a great job in the children’s reactions and you kept their parents in character throughout the story. It was the little things- details that added to the realism of this tragedy (since catastrophes similar to this happen all the time and it is the little things that make the story seem so real).

And I’m pretty sure that this is the only time I would ever type this in a review for a story on this site... This story was strangely symbolic, whether it was on purpose or not; is up to you.

10/10- If my opinion counts for anything, please take this to heart.

-Sked-San-san. It’s been a year since I’ve cried so hard. Damn, so much for keeping a record? Wish my review was a bit longer though... I’ve got an idea!

You are: Awesome.
can-o-soup chapter 12 . 2/27/2009
Oh my.

That actually made me cry.

Thank you for that wonderful story.
jdluver21 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Heartwrechingly sad but beautfully written. Really enjoyed this. I was in tears by the last chapter.
KHwhitelion chapter 12 . 1/18/2009
oh my gosh. that was so sad TT_TT I always wondered what would happen if JD died, seeing as to how hes such a major and important character in his friends' lives (even though some wont admit to it) this was very well written, and i enjoyed (if thats the right word for this sort of thing) reading it. good job
attonbomb chapter 12 . 1/18/2009
That was the sadest thing I've read in ages. And now I'm even sadder thet it was the end of the story.

Thank you for writing something that good!
SALJStella chapter 12 . 1/18/2009
Oh, I couldn't think of a better way to end the story! Not just pitch-black, unpenetratable anguish, just very sad but with hopes of a better future! It's perfect! I especially loved it when the Janitor read that poem... We haven't seen much of his grief, because he doesn't have that much of it, but he does feel sad for them! And he shows it in his own halfhearted way! Well, all in all, you did great with this story. I usually don't like to read fics that are just really, really sad without romance and stuff, but this one was just so beautiful! Keep writing on other stuff - NOW!