Reviews for A Wing and a Prayer
Starry-Sherry13 chapter 24 . 3/4
Loved this story! I couldn't take myself a way from it! It was so good! I look foward to reading more from you! :)
xRae Asakurax chapter 25 . 2/2
A friend who has been following this story since like chapter 5 told me to read this AGES ago. I've only just got around to it, and now I'm sat here literally going 'DSAJKDAKLDJGSLKGJA WHY DID I NOT READ THIS EARLIERRRRRR?'. Seriously, beautiful story from start to finish! You had me laughing so hard I think I pulled an intercostal, flailing at the screen going 'NOOOOO', so angry and so heartbroken.

A rollercoaster ride from beginning to end, thank you so much for this absolute gem! I loved it, keep up your amazing skills! x
fancyspinner chapter 6 . 12/27/2013
I have found it extremely difficult to find well written transformers fic that actually focusses on the characters instead of OCs. Romances are even rarer. Thank yous so much. This is sweet and funny and has a really nice g1 feel.
Witch08 chapter 25 . 11/7/2013
Please say you're doing a sequel for this! I would love to see it continued!
Peacewish chapter 24 . 5/29/2013
This was an utterly brilliant ride, not a wasted word anywhere in its chapters, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sticking to it. If there had to be just one, I'm glad it was that one. Not just for the warmth of the romance between your two leads, but for all the wonderful slice-of-life tiny stories that show the Aerialbots growing up, learning how to be soldiers, how to be adults, how to be good little stepbrothers and welcome Skyfire into the family. It was an exceptional project, and I'm sure anything original you write must be just as good, so I wish you all the best-deserved luck in that endeavor. Thank you thank you thank you a million times over for this.

And for bringing back Prowl. 3
Peacewish chapter 23 . 5/29/2013
Awwww. The five stages march on, and inevitably we begin to heal. It helps to fix the broken city, and take orders from the new leader, and if anything it's reassuring to see that Rodimus does things so very differently from Optimus. He's not trying to be Optimus 2.0, he's just a new leader, one that happens to also carry the title Prime, and that's that.

So much love for Fireflight's entirely one-sided love affair with a murderous python. I just love how Silverbolt and Skyfire are looking into its beady black eyes and thinking "Fireflight, he's trying to eat you" but he's a steel-plated mech that can't be swallowed, so oh well. I find this utterly hilarious.
Peacewish chapter 22 . 5/29/2013
More bawling. It hurts so much, it's too much loss, so wrenching. Bah, those horrible writers, didn't they understand what they were doing to these characters? You summed it up best with that scene between Jazz and Skyfire. Jazz could easily be elected the most resilient and cheerful of all the Autobots, old and experienced enough to know how to handle loss, doggedly upbeat even after centuries of doing just that. But even Jazz blanched and cowered when the reality hit him, when he understood just how much had been taken from him. He picked himself up, because he had to, but there was no way he would not fall at least once.

The wake-party was an appropriate tribute. It's been long enough since the actual deaths that it makes sense to liven up a little, and let themselves remember the good along with the bad. Part laughter, part reminiscing, part tears and grief. It was the only to cope with it and move on.
Peacewish chapter 21 . 5/29/2013
WAAAAHHHH I hate that movie so much. So much death, destruction, and trauma, all because a few writers thought that mass homicide would be a nifty way to sell new toys. Thank God that Skyfire and the Aerialbots were mostly out of the thick of things - that's usually the safest place to be when history's moving fast.
Peacewish chapter 20 . 5/28/2013
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa it breaks my heart so much to read that second to last line. Skyfire is looking at four soon-to-be-dead mechs and wishing he were with them. If he were, would it have changed fate? Somehow I doubt it; Megatron moved so fast and so ruthlessly that I think not even Skyfire could have done much against him, being something of a gentle giant. Maybe he would have been able to escape the boarding in the first place, but maybes can't be eaten for breakfast. This all feels like a Shakespeare tragedy, when you know all the elements are coming together in exactly the wrong way and someone's going to die because of it. Run, Romeo, run.
Peacewish chapter 19 . 5/28/2013
Hot Spot is a good friend. A good friend is supposed to point out the dangers and pitfalls to their besotted pal, because they know said pal is in no place to recognize them himself. Maybe what he's saying is right and maybe he isn't, but like having a lawyer to represent the other side in court, it was necessary. I don't blame him for being pissed as hell at Skyfire, since he was the one who had to watch Silverbolt put himself back together for all those months while Skyfire quietly angsted out in the universe. Of course, it'll be up to Silverbolt in the end.
Peacewish chapter 18 . 5/28/2013
It was fun, watching the Aerialbots in peacetime and how they could finally start to explore the parts of themselves that are not soldiers. It never was fair, to bring them straight from cradle into the frontlines, and I know every Autobot from Optimus on down knew that. It's not easy to make decisions in wartime, and the bots did what they felt like they had to do, but the Aerialbots had to pay the price. I've no doubt that factored into a lot of the resentment they carried in their baby days, but they grew out of it with Skyfire and Silverbolt's help, and now it's been shaken for good. They're finally getting to be the teenagers that they really are, just hanging out and learning new things and having fun and greeting every day more or less confident that it won't be their last. Even Silverbolt couldn't help but start to heal, especially when a lot of gaps from the past got filled in by Perceptor. At least then he could see that it wasn't just him that brought this kind of behavior on - that Skyfire has been this way for centuries and was hardly likely to change over the course of a couple of years.

Then it all came crashing down. Poor, poor Silverbolt.
Peacewish chapter 17 . 5/28/2013
Oh, it just about breaks the heart. I am thoroughly in Skyfire's camp; I know as well as most that sometimes you need to get away to sort things over in your own mind, or else one day you might just have to walk away for good. Silverbolt is smart for understanding and realizing that. Unfortunate that he just wasn't in the same emotional place, and not ready for the space and distance that Skyfire clearly craves. And now the whole family's been dragged down into the unhappiness. Your summary really does capture everything in two sentences, doesn't it? To date one Aerialbot is to date all of them, good times and bad times.
Peacewish chapter 16 . 5/28/2013
Okay, well, at least Starscream is back to being an asshat again. Whew! Just when I was worried Skyfire might start pining for the good old days. I'd say he's safely cured Skyfire of any desire to stoke old flames, but, in his characteristically venomous way, he's also managed to cure Skyfire of wanting to stoke any flames at all. Way to spread the love, Starscream. Now Skyfire's so freaked out and paranoid he's willing to put half the galaxy between himself and Silverbolt, which is terribly stupid. Wasn't he just admitting to himself that the distance hadn't helped protect Silverbolt at all? I don't know why he thinks this is better. Maybe he doesn't, maybe he's just in the middle of a fight-or-flight response and falling wholesparkedly into the flight choice. Maybe this is all emotion and no logic, not steady ground for a scientist like him. Maybe maybe maybe. Oh, poor Silverbolt. He's going to be so hurt.

Side remark: Damn but the Aerialbots kicked total aft when it came to saving their leader. Bet Starscream wasn't counting on a pack of brats to figure out his virus and beat it back. "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
Peacewish chapter 15 . 5/28/2013
Starscream, you complicated thing, you. There's something strangely (and uncomfortably) touching about witnessing what Starscream did back there, precisely because we all know he had zero time to think about it. This time there was no plotting, no conniving, no way Skyfire could think that his rescue was merely part of some bigger scheme. Starscream had no such luxuries; like a woman rushing to her baby when someone shouts "fire!", he showed what he cared about. He saw, he understood, he reacted, and the reaction was to commit treason against his own comrade and deliberately release a valuable prisoner who now carries valuable information on Decepticon movements.

Okay, so the release might actually be the result of some plotting, since Starscream had X amount of time to think about it, but there's no getting around the fact that Starscream was better prepared to shoot Shockwave in the back than he was to watch Skyfire die. Maybe there are lots of reasons behind that (he loathes Shockwave, he respects that brain in Skyfire's head and finds it sacrilege that Shockwave would try to dump it into a datapad, he still loves Skyfire, he really really loathes Shockwave) but they don't particularly matter. Whatever the primary one was, it was the instinctive reflex that proves just how important it was.

Romantic and dashing it may have been, but now it leaves me with frustrated feelings of ambivalence, because it was a lot easier on Skyfire to move on and keep hating Starscream as long as Starscream was acting like a total asshole. That one brief glimpse of 'humanity' may just be enough to kickstart all the internal conflicts and make him remember the good times with his ex. Darn you, Starscream, and darn you Shockwave for it all being your fault in the first place. I assume he'll complain to Megatron about Starscream shooting him in the back, but that's probably small potatoes for Starscream's file. I imagine that that file is considerably thick and has its own entire drawer in Megatron's desk.
Peacewish chapter 14 . 5/28/2013
So true, Skyfire, listen to those instincts. Nobody has that much baggage and just slips that easily into a new relationship. You'll look for ways to sabotage it and to be not happy, mark my words! Listen to one who has been there and is there right now. Nothing is EVER that easy.