Reviews for Knowledge is Power
Good
EvilDime chapter 30 . 10/13
Fun stuff. I love the idea of "taking the P.I.S.S.", the Potter's ever-growing family is beautiful and the Dark Squirrel was hilarious.
Didn't much like the beginning of Ron and Millie's "romance", it looked too much like rape to me while being treated as a joke and poetic justice.
Otherwise, this was a lot of fun, though.
hitesh90 chapter 24 . 10/12
does 14 or you could say 17 year old harry and Hermione having 8 year old daughter look awkward to me.
younger sister I could understand but daughter is just plain awkward.
BooksWithPizza chapter 30 . 10/10
WE NEED TO KNOW HOW NEVILLES LIFE GOES
You know I totally see Luna hyphenating her last names: Lady Luna Lovegood-Longbottom, right?
Why are peoples' weight such a big deal to you?
My friend, have you thought about getting a beta? Your writing is genuinely top quality - very much better than a huge percentage of what's published professionally, and the beta would help make it look as good as it really is.

Good betas help with subject/verb agreement, proper word choice (their/there/they're, too/to/two, its/it's, lets-not-let's, etc), punctuation (comma abuse, apostrophe abuse, missing period/comma/semi-colons, capitalization, etc), as well as spotting and deleting strangely (magically?) appearing words that have no business wandering into the story. They can straighten out/rearrange sentences and add words here and there to enhance the "point" of the sentence/paragraph, too.

Here's an example of what a good beta could do for you; compare these bits to the originals:

"We'll be there," Susan happily agreed as she waved to the Grangers before dragging Hannah toward the flu. Institute t-shirts were fine for the Alley but not for Ambrosia Cottage where even her aunt had to wait for a reservation.

The group watched as the Aurors led Percy away as a nervous Penelope followed. Dan shook his head. "Are you sure Ginny is related to them?"

It was Hermione who knowingly answered, "Trust us, dad. We got her away from them just in time. The Ginny of a few years from now was not a nice person. Bill and Charlie seemed to have escaped the worst of it but Dumbledore encouraged their greed and the rest of them quite willingly went along with him."
(The whole Ron/Millie thing doesn't make any sense to me - if Ron's so dreadfully unhappy, why doesn't he...leave?)
Oh the sublime pain of seeing so many apostrophes being tortured in so many ways so many, many times. So many. It's...kind of sad, really. Poor innocent little tortured apostrophes... #tearsarebeingshed

("Lot's"? Really? How? I mean, really, just how? Please please please have a beta run over this story if you don't have time to review each chapter before posting it.)
The constant repetitions of "old man" are tiring (and, honestly, ageist). Can't Harry think up a better, or at least different, insult to call Albus? But I do love the run-down of how some of the others are doing. Glad Minerva found her girlie-balls (finally).

Also: GO SPROUT!
(If you do go back over this story again, please remember the difference between "your" and "you're" and that plural nouns do not use apostrophes - "Death Eaters torture, rape, and kill..."
not "Death eater's torture...".)

I love this chapter - definitely action-packed! It'd be great to read more reactions from the other DEs as they walk into their emptied vaults and read whatever notes were left for them, too, and see their reactions and what they do about their (lack of) gold...
Apparently I've decided to reread all your completed stories "from the bottom up" by title. It's your own fault, you know, for being such a good writer. At first I didn't particularly like your take on Remus, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that you're absolutely right - he really should have been around, should have been there for Harry, shouldn't have lived so far up Albus' ass, etc., and should have to work at least a little bit to get back in Harry's good graces. Even when he did start working at Hogwarts, instead of living up Albus' ass and not making an effort to get to know Harry, he should have made initial contact anyway. So...now to reform you on Severus...who I tend to adore...dearly... *grrr*
Chaoticwolf97 chapter 30 . 10/3
Hey just to let you know loved this story and I've read another of yours as well the tale of harry crow to sum up what I'm saying I've thoroughly enjoyed both and am interested to see what you've got next
Bronze chapter 8 . 9/25
Just what have Petunia and Vernon got to complain about?! Free room and board for life as well as free food. Now where has Dudley gotten himself off to? Oh, maybe he's a Smeltings at this time. I wonder ho he's gonna react to finding out his parents aren't around to shield him from all his crimes? Hell, he doesn't even have a place to live when he returns home from school! Horrors of horrors! He 'll probably have to go live with his Aunt Marge! Likely spending his summers cleaning out kennels.
Bronze chapter 6 . 9/24
I truly hope you read this! A couple of chapters back you made a spelling mistake. You used HERE when you meant HEAR. But so far that's the only spelling error I've come across.
3,550 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »