Reviews for Parade of Ants
silverbluerose chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
it's a more honest look at things i think. it's only darker in that sokka sounds like he's taking over but in a sense he is just continuing what he was doing while they were all on the run but in a bigger scale. i like how the chapter is sort of a foreshadowing of how nonbenders will have a greater say in things in the future. i couldn't help but compare sokka with xander from buffy the vampire:P anyway, i hope you find inspiration to further this or at least visit it again :) if not, it's still an intruiging and thought provoking piece :D
BrowniePoints chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Ooh. Dark. Darker, anyway. I know Sokka isn't as silly as he comes across sometimes, but this is a bit devious and cynical even for him. Very nicely done.
Individual Narrative chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Ooooooh, I loved this! At first you think "oh no, Sokka's right," and your figure he's just being a concerned friend. But then you realize he's bitter and power-hungry and it's MARVELOUS! And to top it off, it was so well written!
CutieSOS chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
So good
Dani chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I love this. If you plan on adding to it please do! I love the cool twist.
kerricarri chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This is such a perfect transition into the new series the Legend of Korra in which benders are both reviled and rendered powerless while nonbenders reign supreme. Sokka's sheer, cutthroat intelligence here shouldn't be underestimated, and yet he constantly is. Perhaps a simmering resentment grew into opportunism when he sees the end of the war for what it really is? I like how this fic made me stop and pause to think.
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
loved it.
Tellytubby101 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Definitely darker, but... I really adore Sokka here. *Snuggles him*. I love how you made him a somewhat morbid genius. :DD

From Tubby. :-)
Azamiko chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Hahahah! Cool! XD
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
This is marvelous.
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
I have to say that this is the first Dark Sokka story I've ever read...I'm considering that a crime now. Sokka is my favorite character mainly because he's awsome. He doesn't bend, is normal, and is the Xander (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) version of Avatar.
watchingthecloudsgoby chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Wow, this was a relly interesting take on avatar characters. I must admit, in the finale i was all "OMG! Fire nation will rule with peace and love!" but you're right, what he hel ldoes a sixteen year old kid know? I also like the thought of sokka the funnyman being the darkest and the most intelligent. great oneshot
RueBroadway chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
I both cringe and appreciate this darker Sokka. I love this new take on what the end of the war would mean for those born with different skill sets.

And I have to thank you for building your oneshot around Sokka's intelligence instead of overshadowing it for comic relief. It's so refreshing :o)
Menamebephil chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
A neat little expansion of Sokka's character. His more calculating side is portrayed quite nicely, without being TOO sinister. More would be interesting, although it would probably be better suited to a series of oneshots than a full story.

MNBP
redbull07 chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
definitely one of the more 'darker' fics, yes, but poignent, wonderfully written, and methinks you've far excelled yourself in this story. I like the almost...demented theme right at the end!