Reviews for A Gift Freely Given
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2016
This is beautiful and so true
Gnosienne chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Lily's death was all the more tragic considering how YOUNG she was. I feel like this point is entirely omitted in the movies. They cast an older woman and in doing so removed the absolute tragedy of a young life snuffed out.

Fuck. This was powerful. Good job.
Mathiilde3 chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
Wow, just wow. This was something amazing, I am really, really blown away. It was so great, thank you for sharing!

Mathilde
amr56 chapter 1 . 4/11/2016
What an interesting point. I'd never thought of it that way before. Also, I think Snape remembers her ability to hold a grudge, even if he does blame himself. Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2016
Ethereal Sphere chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
This was so beautiful. Im crying. Shit is my period coming up? I love every single line and how you delivered it. You just made me realise, that i was one of those who thought of Lily as self-sacrificing as Harry always was. Lily is anything but. And that truely makes the desicion she made a lot more remarkable.
Arla Logan chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
Really well done:) I never really realized how young she was...
PoppedTheP chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
This is really beautiful and poignant and insightful.
parkynson chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
why is your writing so beautiful
Bertram Wooster chapter 1 . 6/5/2015
I just... That was... Real. I like lily after reading that. U usually despise the way she's always so good. But this is nice. It's real . makes her special.
Thank you.
Janie chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
Because Lily Potter was human too. Merely a human, with human flaws. And 21 is SO young! So young for a girl to give up her life. Give up everything. She didn't know Harry would survive. She could have stepped away...
thebeautifulbicky chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
Nice.
Duchess Kennedy chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
Anyone who knows me knows that Lily is my favorite character of the Potterverse.

However, just because she's my favorite character doesn't mean I'm blind to her character defects. There are many things wrong with her, if one cares to look a little closer. For example, the way she treated James up until seventh year, her penchant for following the rules (just because you're a goody-two-shoes doesn't mean you're "Hermione 2.0."), etc.

It's true that the good in her far outweighed the bad, although like Sirius said, "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." Lily is not the exception to this rule.
cindylili chapter 1 . 3/22/2015
This shows Lily as a human without making her a jerk, and i love how even her Hogwarts friends forget who she really is...
Ferm chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
exactly! loved it!

they will also paint snape as the monster whose only rrddeming quality was an obsession. They will never see the boy whose world had shattered, the boy whom no one cared for, and the one who clinged to the memory of the only one who did