Reviews for A Gift Freely Given
Read
Efloresco chapter 1 . 8/8
You've given it life.
MPM chapter 1 . 6/9
This is really amazing - it feels like you picked up on the treatment Lily gets sometimes in the fandom and turned it into an in-universe thing (I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself well) and it really hits the nail on the head.
Wow, just... wow. That was REALLY good!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2016
This is beautiful and so true
Gnosienne chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Lily's death was all the more tragic considering how YOUNG she was. I feel like this point is entirely omitted in the movies. They cast an older woman and in doing so removed the absolute tragedy of a young life snuffed out.

Fuck. This was powerful. Good job.
Mathiilde3 chapter 1 . 6/20/2016
Wow, just wow. This was something amazing, I am really, really blown away. It was so great, thank you for sharing!

Mathilde
amr56 chapter 1 . 4/11/2016
What an interesting point. I'd never thought of it that way before. Also, I think Snape remembers her ability to hold a grudge, even if he does blame himself. Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/6/2016
Ethereal Sphere chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
This was so beautiful. Im crying. Shit is my period coming up? I love every single line and how you delivered it. You just made me realise, that i was one of those who thought of Lily as self-sacrificing as Harry always was. Lily is anything but. And that truely makes the desicion she made a lot more remarkable.
Arla Logan chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
Really well done:) I never really realized how young she was...
PoppedTheP chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
This is really beautiful and poignant and insightful.
parkynson chapter 1 . 6/25/2015
why is your writing so beautiful
Bertram Wooster chapter 1 . 6/5/2015
I just... That was... Real. I like lily after reading that. U usually despise the way she's always so good. But this is nice. It's real . makes her special.
Thank you.
Janie chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
Because Lily Potter was human too. Merely a human, with human flaws. And 21 is SO young! So young for a girl to give up her life. Give up everything. She didn't know Harry would survive. She could have stepped away...