Reviews for A Gift Freely Given
Callibrid chapter 1 . 5/1
Anyone who knows me knows that Lily is my favorite character of the Potterverse.

However, just because she's my favorite character doesn't mean I'm blind to her character defects. There are many things wrong with her, if one cares to look a little closer. For example, the way she treated James up until seventh year, her penchant for following the rules (just because you're a goody-two-shoes doesn't mean you're "Hermione 2.0."), etc.

It's true that the good in her far outweighed the bad, although like Sirius said, "We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." Lily is not the exception to this rule.
cindylili chapter 1 . 3/22
This shows Lily as a human without making her a jerk, and i love how even her Hogwarts friends forget who she really is...
Assasin Nero chapter 1 . 1/15
exactly! loved it!

they will also paint snape as the monster whose only rrddeming quality was an obsession. They will never see the boy whose world had shattered, the boy whom no one cared for, and the one who clinged to the memory of the only one who did
Devi2509 chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
that is was amazing
It made me want to cry
I love it soo much
Writer0895 chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
Oh god! I feel slightly guilty now, not that i ever painted lily as a saint but i never really saw her as a twenty one year old either.
Qwerty6452 chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
This was such a good character study of a fic. I can't even begin to tell you how good it was- you painted Lily as a human but not a jerk, in character while still exploring somewhat unexplored territory... That's so incredibly hard to do. Amazing job
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Wow... Just wow...
theshysmartgirl chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
So refreshing, new and human. Great character development.
jeanpaulreddy93 chapter 1 . 4/9/2014
Damn... That's pretty deep.
Riot On An Empty Street chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
WHoa, this was, oh my god, this was like, the best, the most true thing I have ever read abput Lily
TheFifthCharmedOne chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
That was amazing!

-Charmy
BlueChoc chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
this is extremely insightful. i dont think many people truly realise just how young both lily and james were. the movies painted them as in their 30s, rather than just 21, just out of teenhood.
WolfDarkfur chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
So true. That's the only thing I need to say really, beautifully written, wonderful idea and is definitely believable and makes a very good point. Couldn't be better.
Cairiee chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
so this is old, short but wow. well said.
cocotero chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
That was amazing.
You left me in a nodding awe, pointing out all those things, we all tend to idealize our favorite characters and you just showed how incredibly wonderful they are in their ordinariness.
Thank you.