Reviews for Memento Mori
thatperfectsomeone chapter 12 . 12/24/2014
Oo Liz please tell me your gonna write more... please please please
thatperfectsomeone chapter 11 . 12/24/2014
I love this story soo much its simply amazing
Sienna246 chapter 12 . 10/1/2014
Please keep writing, will be waiting for your next update, whatever story it is :)
AMW1014 chapter 12 . 5/1/2014
Was really enjoying this story and was therefore highly disappointed to find it has been abandoned. I hope you complete it one day.
Guest chapter 12 . 3/7/2013
I have enjoyed reading MM and had enjoyed requiem of a dream.
To be honest I think I like the pacing of MM better and Ifelt it started off quite different; there are a few echoes between them, I agree; but I would love to be able to finish reading MM if you ever had inspiration to do so. I love reading third person, well written fiction so please keep it up!
Too bad chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
...this is incomplete. It was a good story.
bookivore chapter 12 . 2/16/2013
I don't know if you've moved on completely, but I found your works through a rec on one of the completed stories, read both of those, and then took a deep breath and started in on this although it was unfinished (and long without update). Your writing is good enough to read the incomplete stuff which is not common.
As far as this being a repeat of Requiem, I think it isn't. You've done a good job distancing Hermione from Ron and Harry in this story and showing her in a deep depression. You've established an interesting Auror following the Granger case and - how do I put it? - wrote some nice terror incidents from the remaining DEs. The non-romantic plot is slow-moving but strong.

That said, I have a feeling in their current situation Hermione and Severus would stubbornly remain in the same position for years if not forever. We haven't reached the tipping point in the romance yet, where they both admit they are attracted and start losing hold on all those things that keep people from getting involved. That could be one thing that is frustrating - the plot seems to want to put them into the adrenaline-fuel post-skirmish embrace, but Hermione & Severus are stubbornly refusing to get into that kind of situation, and if they did they both would know better than to be misled by adrenaline. So, that's hard. (One problem is that it's easier for people to be romantic in new situations, and they aren't in new situations: they've both taught for long enough and fought for long enough that there isn't something there to open them up.)

My other nitpick is that you've used some lines directly from canon and it grates on me a bit. The dueling club scene, for example, had bits from Snape's sixth year opening speech and his lesson on silent casting. I was looking forward to something a bit more inventive considering his experience with fighting, especially since there doesn't seem to be anything else that could happen when you set an entire class to practicing spells other than someone breaking the rules, but my other main point is that practicing to fight is not the same thing as practicing to learn the spells and I like it when people show that. For one thing, the bouts should be run one at a time so that the supervisors have a chance to catch problems (there really should have been worse casualties) and the arena should be a *good* empty area to practice fighting, at least to start with, and extraneous items like hanging skeletons and more fighters should come in after the students have shown they can handle the easier situation. I'm really running on here and it isn't about the main plot of your story, it's just that JKR didn't know fighting or war and I prefer to see authors put some thought and/or research into it (by analogy, of course - fencing, Renaissance duels, how people skirmish in the woods all could be applied to Harry Potter magical fights.)
Dolcedot chapter 12 . 8/7/2012
It was still a great story, thank you for sharing. I look forward to an update on your next story. I just love how the characters come alive. Thanks for sharing.
Dolcedot chapter 9 . 8/6/2012
I just love your stories and characters - they really stand on their own and resonate.
mekareami chapter 12 . 7/26/2012
I am really disappointed this story was abandoned. I was enjoying it and hope your muse returns someday
kitty-gurl1 chapter 11 . 7/15/2012
been re-reading this again and i hope you come back to it some day!
araeofsomething chapter 12 . 6/13/2012
Aww man... now I have to go and suss out Requiem so I'm not so bummed about the 'hiatus' of Momento Mori. ;) Hope all is well!
Jennatem chapter 12 . 4/24/2012
The personalities of Severus and Hermione in this fic are lovely. I do see the similarities between this and your other SS/HG fic. I have enjoyed their interactions more in this story more although the were good on the other fic as well. I hope to read more in the future if you are able to sort out what direction you want to move in. It's not that easy to find a good T rated SS/HG fic.
Syvah chapter 12 . 4/15/2012
Urgh... I didn't realize this wasn't complete! -facepalm- Was really really enjoying it too... Damn.

Anyway, I like the way you write, it flows well.
Spiritfireanddew chapter 12 . 4/9/2012
I honestly cannot wait for you to come back to this fic. It is extremely well written. My only problems lie in your repetition of similes, such as "Reluctantly, she met Minerva's gaze, like a young child refusing to take their medicine.", which you repeat almost verbatim later on in the fic. You also have occasional grammatical/punctuation errors. Other than that, I absolutely love this fanfic, and I sincerely hope you can return to writing it soon.