Reviews for Prison of the Mind
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
awesome story! would say more, my i have to do something now, so i can't. anyways, awesome!
bwayphantomrose chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
I really like this. It's almost like a poem, and I'm thinking about posting a story/poem that's very dark and creepy, so I'm glad to see that other's have done this.

I agree with BHC, that you should have let the first time we heard Raoul's name at the very end, but other than that, I thought your lines and progression was very good.
Angel1256 chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
Very interesting. I really enjoyed the first half regarding Erik, and the repetitive one-liner, "Darkness." Very imprisoning, very unfortunate! Though, I am a big confused on where it leads to. Anyway, it's lovely!
creamkisses chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
I like the repitition of "darkness" and the way you cut your sentences into small fragments and then stretched them out again. I don't really get it...coz it's so deep.

Anyway, it was well written!
yukisana chapter 1 . 11/11/2008
Like bloodxblade... I don't get it. It's POTO... why do you want such a review anyway? I really don't get it.

Like the variation in sentence length though.
BleedingHeartConservative chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Interesting.

Where you say "Raoul shrugs" I would have said the boy shrugs, the new guard shrugs, whatever so that there at the end when Raoul introduces himself it's the first time you hear it. Of course, real Phantom fans will notice Philippe's name and think "OMG, it's Raoul!" a second earlier than others learn it, but even so, I think it'd be effective.

Otherwise, I think it's interesting. I feel terribly sorry for poor Erik and hope that this won't end too badly.
bloodXblade chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Again, I don't get it. I really don't get POTO.

Anyway, I like your short one sentence paragraph stories. XD
Vesperae chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Deep.

Slightly hard to follow in some places.

You know I hate stories like these, why oh why do you put me through the torture of reading them?

Not bad though. Keep up the good work!
Lia Felix chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
A bit jerky some areas, but I love Erik's section. Ditto the person below, when he fingered his hair...

-swoon-

XD
Chapucera chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Very well-written, but disturbing.

I have real trouble with angst, though, and Erik is in terrible pain here.

The idea of putting Raoul on the prison staff is interesting, but the possibilities are truncated by the fact that this is a short piece.
M. Night Wolfalona chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
...Wow. /deep. Deep and harsh. Poor Erik. Poor, unhappy Erik. :(
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
This is marvelous. I love it!

I especially liked the line when Erik is looking at his hair: "His shoulder-length hair swishes in front of him and he captures a lock of the midnight sleekness in his hand thoughtfully." Very nice. :)

Keep up the great work!
Cheddar Wolf chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
The ending half was good, but the details were rather skittish, even for a purposely detail-lacking story.

Was good though, and Raoul was a nice touch to the end.

- Cheddar Wolf