Reviews for Magic's Path
textbug3115 chapter 18 . 9/7/2014
more please!
KagomeGirl021 chapter 17 . 11/23/2013
I have read this so many times in hopes that there would be more. PLEASE WRITE MORE! I Truly Wish to See what will happen next! I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS WONDEROUS FIC ENDS!
liz.barden chapter 18 . 7/26/2013
please, please, Please, finish this! Its amazing.
Zanzibar1 chapter 18 . 2/26/2012
So I happened by your fic by chance, but as I was reading I began to believe that this was truly another of Mercedes lackeys works of art that she has brought to life. You have done so well to follow her writing style that it is hard to distinguish from the original.

I have noticed that you haven't updated this story in a couple years, but I would love to read more so I ask that you try to write more. I understand that life is absolutely merciless as I have had little time to finish writing chapters for my own fics but I find that writing a little each day gets the chapters closer and closer to being finished.

Please update soon!
Otherblood chapter 18 . 8/29/2010
I'm saddened to hear you have passed on. I hope wherever you are, you're peaceful and happy. You've still got fans here on earth, but alas, -this- story will never come to an end.

RIP Icaros Rising.
ChooseToLive chapter 18 . 7/19/2010
So, I see that it's been quite awhile since you updated last. I understand if the story's been abandoned, but I really hope it hasn't been. Because you're actually doing this AU, the characters, and Misty's writing, justice. Everything's not magically better because 'Lendel didn't die - there's very real fallout to consider, possibly more complex than what occurred in canon, and I'm loving seeing that explored. What *is* a Herald without a Companion, after all? And it was one thing for Vanyel never to understand 'Lendel's dedication, but what about when Vanyel understands and has what 'Lendel has lost? Is 'Lendel's dedication still there, and only lacking a Companion and the title of Herald?

What a fascinating set of circumstances, with two characters I adore; this is the first time I've actually found a Vanyel fic that I thought was truly excellent, and I don't want it to end here! If I can encourage you to keep at it, I want to. :)
KagomeGirl021 chapter 18 . 1/9/2010
wow just wow! you are sating my thirst to see 'lendel live and in such a way as to feel as if mercedes lackey herself had willed it this way. heck it even feels as if this was the way it was supposed to go in the first place! keep it up! i cant wait to read more! please update again soon!
BigDestiny chapter 18 . 12/30/2009
Wow. Moondance's great gleeman story really is good for every situation. This is the third time I've heard it retold (the first outside canon), and once again it fits the point Moondance is trying to make perfectly. I especially like that Moondance was brave enough to attempt this with Lendel. It's one thing to share grief, or remember family ties lost forever. It's quite another to expose your own culpability in someone's death, even if it HAS been dealt with.

Which is not to say that I didn't snicker a little and Lendel's oh-so-snarky "So you're saying if I change my name everything will be fine?" Someone needs a spanking ;D
BigDestiny chapter 8 . 12/30/2009
I could wish that we got more of Withen vs Tylendel than a drugged-up eavesdrop, but this was another amazing chapter. So great to see Savil up and ready for Withen's tirades, unlike in the book when the poor woman had already had enough to deal with at that point.

The alternate POVs are not only a great way to infuse originality, scenes like this also give us additional insight into what's going on. It never occured to me that Yfandes might WANT Van to up-end Withen's world, I assume she was staying neutral because she knew Van wasn't going for lasting damage. Not only will this make your story more enjoyable, but it will no doubt give me an extra layer of story to think about when I re-read the books.
BigDestiny chapter 5 . 12/30/2009
So Van's senses are stretched so thin he's picking up things from the canon universe? That's gotta be disorienting ;)

One of the most interesting things about the story so far are moments like this, where what happened in the books intersects with what's happening here. If anything, having Lendel blasted here instead of Mardic makes Van's lack of control over his powers all the more terrifying. I remember in Magic's Price that Stefen didn't fear catching Van off-guard, so secure he was in the lifebond that he knew Van wouldn't hurt him. To have Van in such a state that even a lifebond can't completely shield Lendel adds an extra bit of uncertainty that brings additional life to what could be a dry retelling of another story. Well done!
BigDestiny chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
I just stumbled upon this story and read all 17 (ish) chapters in one go. Usually I don't end up in the Mercedes Lackey section; not so much for the omnipresent Stefen stories, but for the neverending 'Mary Sue is Chosen' fics.

Your story is truly wonderful, so much in fact that I can't tell you everything I'm feeling in one review. I'm just going to have to comment chapter by chapter as I think of things. Thanks so much and hope you update again soon.
ShadowCub chapter 18 . 11/6/2009
I like this, I always like this pairing, but the way

she split them up. Hoping they heal soon and get out of

the Vale soon.
TheologyDiscography chapter 18 . 10/20/2009
This is so awesome. I love it. I always did hate that 'Lendel got so little time in the books.

Poor Van. All he wants is for 'Lendel to let him help him, and 'Lendel's so scared that he'll hurt him too that he's trying to push him away.

and yes, Moondance is excellent. He's one of my favorite characters. Starwind's not as harsh with them as he is in the book. Can't say if that's good, bad, or they just aren't needing it yet, but it's noticable.

Are you still going to have the scene with the offence lesson with the wyrsa? I'd like to see that with 'Lendel able to interviene. Because I'm certain he would.
AlwaysForTheGay chapter 18 . 10/16/2009
Uwahh. *wipes tears away* So beautiful. I love Moondance.

The ending of the chapter may have been one of the most powerful things I've read. "And he was Alik." Just. Loved it. Great job. :) You're still amazing at writing in character. It makes me happy. :D

AftG, Maggie
Prncssanime chapter 18 . 10/11/2009
Now I wanna hug Moondance too. *hugs Van, Lendel, and Moondance*

Excellent chapter as always. I can't wait for the next one. However, I also can't wait for Van and Lendel to be together again.