Reviews for The Wound That Never Heals
Darkover chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Dear Aearwen22: I enjoyed this story very much. The action may have been limited, but the dialogue was very good indeed. You write Elves very well. You seem to understand them, far better than most fan authors do-they are not just really good-looking humans, or even idealized humans, but that they are a different species, with different aspects and needs. This was an especially perceptive portrayal, and I like how you portrayed Elrond showing concern and giving advice to Legolas. This was very well written. Thank you for writing and posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
UnnamedDancer chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
This is simply beautiful. Lovely characterizations-a darker side to Legolas that we seldom glimpse (in the books, at least) and the ministrant and fatherly aspects of Elrond. You have succeeded in writing an exceptionally powerful piece!

Thank you so much for posting so that we may delight in it. :)

best,

UnnamedDancer

(also UnnamedElement, but I've locked myself from my account...)
Epilachna chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
How beautiful. Sad but hopeful. And a brilliant challenge from Elrond. The fellow is something of a genius, isn't he? I can imagine some pretty hilarious drabbles coming from this fic - a diary of sorts for his daily challenges. Day 10 - hop on one leg to dinner ... Day 20 - kiss a toad... Could get real interesting very fast.
kittyloverluna chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
as always another story that is so well writen.
Adulas chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Aearwen22 you have woven a wonderful tale about Legolas grief after he finds himself no more in the company of his father and Gimli. Although I must admit I felt like whacking him up side of the head with a wet noodle for not taking into consideration that he was now with his mother!

Anyway Lord Elrond's antidote was a brillant idea! I do hope he took into account that Legolas' doing something new each day could revolve around him for a while. I can easily imagine quite a bit of stuff in the mischief catagory happening. ;)

Then again Lord Elrond probably won't mind since it will keep the archer from fading which would be a tragedy especially for us who are fans of his.

I too have thought about what Legolas would do once he finds himself without company of the Fellowship. But I have a different way for him to deal with it in my story "Adulas' Tale". (Yeah I know shameless plug for me story lol!)

Dín
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
This was wonderful! A very thought provoking essay on what it's like to be immortal, especially for those who have known and loved mortals.

Immortality is really a hard concept to grasp, since we humans really don't have a frame of reference. Imagination can fill the unknown to some degree, but to truly *know*...that's something else entirely.

Given a choice, I would never choose to be immortal in the way Tolkien's elves are. Death truly is a gift.

I love this story.
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Another wonderful tale, Aearwen! I really like this one. Very well done. *applause*
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Well I loved that, althou it was rather painfull to watch Legolas going thru all that, it was very well written, did you write this before? It's almost as if I read it somewhere. Hugs The Imp P.S. First review! LOL!
paperfirefly chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
cool storyit was very interesting and touching! I wonder what Legolas will do, and how long it'll take for him to run out of new ideas? :)