Reviews for Mended Hearts
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 1/11
That was absolutely perfect! They all met the same night. They all shared their first date together. The men all said they loved their respective others about the same exact time. Why the hell not rent out the restaurant of their first date and all get engaged together. What fun that was! Thank you for that. It was scary to hear that Jacob was wanted for so many awful things. How disgusting. I'm glad Melanie got eight months, she deserved it. Really great romantic ending.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 1/11
I know you needed to get her out of Edward's house and alone, but it could've been done with her on her way to meet the girls or something like that. I'm more than worried she would run off to an Alice calling from the park asking for help. If Alice needed help and reached a phone, she would've called Jasper or the police, not Bella. I did like that she was smart enough to call Edward from her pocket and remember some of her self-defense training! Since Melanie was involved, that is jail time for her as well. A part of me was hoping that James stumbled upon the situation and helped save Bella, while his girlfriend took off after Melanie. I still think he will pop back into the picture for some reason. So, I thought what better way to repair the damage he created earlier in the story. Not accepting it was over and sneaking into her house to manhandle her in front of Edward. This is why I not a writer, just a reader. Edward and Emmett saving Bella was how it should be,
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 1/11
Yay, they finally said their I love you's! I loved that you wrote her bi no numb, yet realizing she wasn't broken anymore. That it doesn't matter what happened in the past that she's finally over him and what he did to her. That she thanked Edward for helping her heal. The smiles they shared over her sharing this epiphany were almost as intimate as two people can get. It was lovely. He said he will do anything to protect her, yet he didn't take her to the police. That would be a giant step in the right direction. The direction of protecting her from Mr. Delusional number two.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 1/11
Okay, now this part with Jacob is just ridiculous. Unless he plans on kidnapping her and taking her with force, she's done with him and has told him so . . . repeatedly. So he's what? Going to stay there and harass her for the rest of eternity? She loves Edward. Edward loves her. They haven't said it yet, but we know this. Additionally, she had the right to kick him out of the bar. She has the right to refuse service to anyone as an employee. Also, all she had to do was call the cops at this point, to advise she's being threatened at her job and tell Jacob they were on the way. Where is the strong Bella we've only seen in chapter one and the Melanie chapter? We know she's gotit in her . . . WTF?
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 1/11
So, it's been four weeks and they've been lulled into a false sense of security, eh? She felt eyes on her when she went to meet the girls, yet doesn't tell anybody she felt it? That was not smart. Guessing that James met his Victoria and has moved on . . . at least I hope so. I doubt it though, it probably is Melanie in disguise, working with James to do something stupid. Why has nobody contacted the police? I know they don't really have anything right now, but they could tell the police of the texts that Jacob has sent to her and her saying she wants nothing to do with him. They should also mention the others as well. Again, there is nothing the police can do, yet she has it on record with them, when they do do whatever they are planning.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 1/11
Fantastic fun with them getting ready in the room. Loved how they both gave each other a show . . . so fun! The concert was great and I love that you did that between Bella and Trent. Jon Bon Jovi sang directly to me once a good fifteen years ago and I was over the moon. When my BFF and I were freshly out of high school, we went and saw Billy Squire and he sang directly to my friend and even pointed at her. It really is quite a thrill. I thought tha their first order of business was to get her a new cell phone number. Shame on the, for not doing so! Now, she's fainted from the pressure of him showing up on her doorstep. Here's a thought . . . BxE get married right now. I realize that's ridiculous, but I did make myself laugh. Hope I made you giggle. hehehe
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 1/11
What a fantastic chapter! All kinds of romantic with him taking her to the Four Seasons and then pampering her with the bath and dinner. The schmexy was super hot. I'm beginning to think these two will be all right. Yay!
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 1/11
I'm so glad she told Edward everything and I loved his reaction to it. Saying he would not be held responsible for his actions. Jacob having the audacity to text her and say he wants her back. This was from High School! She went to college and graduated. She has two published books out there. So, it has to have been six years at least since that ended. Why would he even think she'd be single and not married? We know her parents wouldn't give him any information knowing Charlie probably wanted to kill the prick, when he pulled what he did all those years ago. I'm really happy that Emmett and Jasper both were there to capture her before she fled. On behalf of their girlfriends, yes. However, you could tell it was for them, just as much and that was great! Loved that Edward sent a text asking her to please wait until he could get there . . . to go with her . . . swoon. Loved his thought process too . . . first thing, we are getting you a new phone number. Won't stop him from showing up . . . if he does though, he's going to have three very angry men waiting for him.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 1/11
Okay so, it was Melanie. I thought if it were her, that the way she described how she found him, would be the way. Drive around until you find his car. Why do women degrade themselves when men break up with them? Lowering yourself to begging for him back, will not make him want you more . . . it'll convince any sane man, that he's made the right decision. I love that the strength you showed that Bella had, way back in that first chapter, finally made a second appearance in the story. Her slapping Melanie was the nicest way of handling a crazy woman, coming to your home, and throwing all kinds of accusations around the place, when none are true. I am curious as to him being broken, only a year ago. That means that she's only been in his life for a year . . . not long at all. And, since they already broke up enough to be 'seeing other people, on a break', than things were already down hill before Bella entered the picture. This delusional Melanie needs to go find delusional James, so they can hook up and move away to Crazyville together.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 1/11
I loved the breakfast in bed and the talking they shared. Really liked that Edward asked to stay at her place to avoid his house until Melanie was gone on Wednesday. Him stealing her boy shorts was hilarious and very sexy. The flirting and teasing ExB were sharing throughout the preparing of dinner was fantastic. Dinner seemed as though it was a lot of fun for all. So, is it James or Melanie at her door right now? Worse yet . . . Jacob? Thank fuck Edward is still there right now . . . and he probably heard her shouting WTF!
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 1/11
Hot as hell schmexy scene you wrote there. I'm glad they had that. I'm thinking through the whole thing that James was going to pop out of somewhere causing trouble for him. Now, I'm thinking that Melanie is going to come around saying she is pregnant and it's Edward's . . . causing a tailspin for Bella . . . only Edward will stay with Bella, unlike Jacob did. Knowing he couldn't possibly be the father, as they haven't been intimate in too long. Still doing damage to BxE in the process though. Or suddenly, James will pop back into the picture and kidnap Bella . . . making everyone think she bolted from the situation and giving her 'time', when they should be looking for her. All this drama is flying through my head because of all the possibilities you planted there.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 1/11
I think once she sobers up, she's not going to speak to him as a result of being sober. Or, because Melanie is in town and Emmett mentioned she's trying to make Edward's life a living hell, that she's going to pop up on that dance floor and snuggle up to him . . . further pushing Bella away. Much to Edward's chagrin. You have sort of set the trend in this story, that every time BxE have any happiness, you squash that happiness like a bug, right in the middle of it.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 1/11
Again, you ruin another beautiful evening with more drama. Ugh. They were getting along very well and having a great time. Then you throw Melanie in Bella's face that way. My best guess is that Edward just took that opportunity to break up with Melanie once and for all. However, since this is what burned Bella in her past, she's not going to come around to Edward anytime soon. Which sucks, because he's living his life and falling for Bella. Melanie and him are on a break and he's found his 'one' in Bella. I'm very glad that Edward had the sense to have Emmett find Bella and take her from her car. Or, he and everyone else was out looking for her and he was the one who found her. Either way, I know it's Emmett and not James . . . to have James come to her rescue right now, would send Bella backwards in her getting her head better, not forwards.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 1/11
I knew it was James . . . creeper. His assumption that he would have any say in her house proves how delusional he is. She is correct to get the locks all changed, I justhope that she mentioned it to Emmett. I did really love how Emmett threatened James. Also, I loved that Bella set him in his place and told him off. Letting him know that he was nothing more than a co-worker from here on out. Telling him off was great. I don't think he'll listen though. I really, really liked how she invited Edward to join her, Jasper and Emmett. It's a step in the right direction.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 1/11
I'm glad she told her story to Emmett. Im a little more than surprised to read that she's never told Rose or Alice the whole thing. Hopefully, one knows half and the other knows the other half, having spoke to each other, putting the pieces together. Emmett has such a kind heart in most stories, I'm glad you gave him such a big one in this. His tearing up at her story was very kind. I think she's been hurt badly, but it was just a high school romance. Even if they planned to be together forever, those HS romances very rarely actually last. She has to have thought of that over the years since. It has to have been at least six years later now. So, it's got to be James spouting out 'what the fuck' as Rose wouldn't be threatened by Bella in the least, as she knows her . . . she'd be concerned for her friend and wondering why she needed comforting from Emmett.