Reviews for Sanctuary
Death-Within-Me chapter 1 . 6/27/2014
Why is it that all of your elf and mortal relationships end with only friendship and nothing more? First Glorfindel and Gilraen and now this. I seriously need to learn to not get my hopes up about any notion of romance when I read your stories.
David chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Nice story!
gginsc chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Shame on that rotten low-life for taking advantage of a blind woman! I enjoy your Elara stories.
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
Marvelous story! I didn't like that someone tried to set Elara up. That's cold and she's blind too, that just downright cruel...
Song in the woods chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I took a deep breath when the "stranger" came to get her and I was right. Wow. Poor Elara, glad she has real friends there. The trees and the elves :)
dinopoodle chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I love the story of the friendship here, keep up the good work.
Epilachna chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
I love this one. In particular, I'm happy to see that not everyone is thrilled with a human hanging on the King's arm. I have a darker take on the elves compared to some writers on FFN, many of whom seem to think the elves are 'do no wrong' characters (obviously those folks never read The Silmarillion). While I don't believe anyone in Thranduil's house would ever attack a blind, helpless woman, their more subtle (and not so subtle) acts of cruelty are believable. I do wonder who abandoned her outside, though I suppose it's best we never find out. Thranduil might fly into a rage.
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
that was a very eventful chapter lol and once agin i LOVED IT! lol XD, XP
demeter d chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
How very lovely! I first discovered your "Light Fingers" story. Now I am reading your others. Your Thranduil is just as I imagined him from the books. He is strong and stern, but not cruel or unkind. Someone once made the point that after all, his was the only Elven Kingdom in the third age which did not have the protection of a Ring of Power, only the strength and vigilance of its King and his people. When Elara wondered how Miriel could dare talk so sternly to Thranduil, I wondered if she was kin to his wife. I like that you wrote that the King was married, and hence not interested in other female comapny. So many people do not seem to "get" that Tolkien's elves did not consider that a marriage ended just because one partner was in the Halls of Mandos for a time. They looked forward to the time when they would sail to the Undying lands and be re-united with all of their loved ones, even the ones in the Halls of Death. Another author once called the whole notion of having a partner "forever" mindboggling. It is a different notion than the "till death do us part" that we have been taught. I have long thought that Tolkien hoped that somehow he would be able to spend eternity with his own beloved Edith. I will be watching for more storiex in this series.
Zarubine chapter 1 . 11/4/2008
These are wonderful stories. I really love those two. You write your characters so well, they stay long with you after finishing reading.

PS: Actually, I just found the next installment on your LJ page and can't wait for the second chapter. Rather evil to finish on a cliffhanger like this. :)
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Another wonderful installment to a fabulous series! I don't think I'll ever tire of these two. :)
Aelaer chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I do like these Thranduil and Elara stories. Elara does need to be told one of these days that elves do not have affairs outside of marriage (if you follow the canon as put down in Laws and Customs of the Eldar, that is).

I'll admit that I do look forward to more of these delightful stories.
kittyloverluna chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
as always a great story. You may have to help me with my ideas?
Elflingimp chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Gods! you write your characters so well I keep falling in love with them, More please! Hugs The Imp