Reviews for Legacy
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
I feel really dumb because I kinda posted a review that I wasn't done typing and now I don't know if I can finish my review because I'm just about dead with embarrassment and I really don't know what to do but I'm just going to repost my review anyways and try to finish it without making myself a complete fool again and sorry for posting a review twice and I'm so dumb excuse me gosh I'm going to die trying to finish this review properly I'm so -
I haven't done a review on fanfiction in a long time but I just had to for this one.
Because it makes so much sense to me - and I don't know what to say to this. I don't even remember what I was expecting when I read the summary and clicked on this fic, I have to admit I wasn't about to read it at first but I am so glad I did.
It's just really extremely sad that Zoro died of a stray bullet first of all. Zoro - the man that was going to be the world's greatest swordsman, the man who swore to not be taken down by a wound that would kill an ordinary person, the man who swore to never lose again, was just taken out by a simple accident. Like Kuina's. And that just is utterly unfair and you stressed how there wasn't anything for the Strawhats to do because there was no one to take their anger out on no revenge. All because of a simple accident.
But, I am so happy you killed Zoro that way as well. If Zoro did lose to somebody, if he was dead by someone else's hand who got the better of him - that would be sad as well. I can't say which is sadder, but I'm glad with this misfire being what ended Zoro's life.
And then Luffy's insane idea to become the best swordsman after drawing Wadou. Because it's exactly like Kuina in your story said, Luffy is a mess and he is dumb. But, he of all people know how important dreams are and he is someone who would carry all of his nakama's dreams if he could. But he is a mess and he is dumb and he can feel the dream from Wadou can hear it saying to accomplish the dream - but fails to recognize it isn't for him to finish.
Which is great and I'll say this again and again in this review but I love how you wrote it. Because Wadou and Zoro's and Kuina's dream, their swordsman's dream. Zoro took on Kuina's dream as well as his own when he asked for Wadou from Kuina's father - and it was his greatest ambition - to become the greatest swordsman. Wadou is the embodiment of Kuina when she was so young and didn't even get a chance to fulfill her dream.
And then he meant Luffy. He made Luffy promise to not stand in his way of his dream - and Luffy did well to keep that promise - but Zoro started to change. Wadou is undoubtedly still his favourite. He is still headed well to his dream of being the greatest swordsman and he is not going to settle for second best - but as Mihawk has said when Zoro bowed his head and asked for guidance - Zoro the man full of ambition - found something greater than his ambition. He gave up his pride for someone else. He was set on giving up his life in exchange for Luffy's with Kuma before. Because he will still become the world's greatest swordsman - but he will now do it as a pirate of the Strawhats with Luffy as his captain.
And it is so perfect how you made Luffy end up with Kitetsu because while Zoro swore to Luffy that he will never lose again and called Luffy Pirate King with Wadou - Wadou is fitting because it is the sword he promised on before and he will do it again with a promise just as important - but Kitetsu is the one he uses to stop Kuma from taking Luffy back at thriller bark. Kitetsu is the one he used to intimidate Monet and slice her without haki. Intimidation not as a swordsman but intimidation as Zoro himself.
And so I love it so much how while Zoro treats Wadou with special care and always would have - while he is carrying Wadou and the promise it represents - while Wadou is Kuina - Kitetsu is Zoro.
Kitetsu he picked up along the way to Grandline - it was a new sword that he got while it was still at the start of his adventure - he got it after he swore to Luffy and after his defeat with Mihawk. It's cursed and so intimidating and so much like Zoro that is just fits.
And so Kitetsu - a cursed sword that would not be easy to just tame and yet accepted Zoro as it's master - doesn't act up when with Luffy /because/ it is so much like Zoro and Zoro will follow Luffy even in death and will protect him even if Luffy can fight himself without swords. Because he is Zoro. And so that all just makes so much sense.
And sorry if what I just wrote is completely different than what you were going for I just wrote what I took and thought of [and I still can't believe I made such a mistake and posted before I was done/]
And I'm sure I said I lot of repeats and this is probably way too damn long but
tldr;; I love this a lot and everything is just perfect to me and I couldn't as for anything to have been different.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Raj8 chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Well this definitely left me with a lump in my throat.

I really feel for Luffy and the grieving process felt real and not artificial at all.
c2t2 chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
This was amazing. Unusually subtle, painful, and deep; especially for a fanfic.
Elin B chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
I love how believable this feels, how it never skimps on the amount of grief Luffy feels and how far it pushes him, yet it's able to show a process that ends in acceptance and hope. I think this was the first fanfic that convinced me it's possible to show a Strawhat dying and the fallout from that without ending in complete and utter bleakness and desolation. (Have I've said that before? If so, I don't mind saying it again.)
Stitched In Ice chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I'm laughing and I'm crying but I'm still smiling and I don't know how I feel about this fic.

Kudos for confusing my feelings.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Absoulutly incredible
Shuusui11-11Blade chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Though I hate having Zoro dead, this story was AMAZING o.o
zairoon chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
That was extremely sad... *depressed*... I really appreciated it though...you made a good job, and i love the ending...)
dragonick711 chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
That was beautiful it really was great story
cy-grl chapter 1 . 1/23/2011
Intense. Beautifully written 3
Majin Hentai X chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Near perfect. I would have liked to see Luffy try Santoryu and fail, but oh well perfection is boring.
OchreEyes chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
This is why I hate reading Zoro-is-dead fanfics, despite the happy ending, I always cry..

Thank you.
BladeThorn4296 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
Like your others One Piece fics, I just love it! And, you made me cry again.

Not really much to say, other than you truly are a great author!

I hope you write more one piece stuff!
StoppingMotors chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
That was really, really good.