Reviews for Apres Moi Le Deluge
AlmaSparrow chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Such a rare pair that needs so much more love, especially of this quality.
Ann Riesa chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Wow. Truly, a pairing I thought I could never find anything but bizarre, and you made me root for it. Bravo.
I Want To Be Your Canary chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
Huh. Interesting.

I've never read this pairing before, and I actually followed the link from the DG rec list, so I wasn't aware it wasn't Draco until toward the end (at the mention of the diary). It's... again, interesting. You did a very good job with the tone, here. Very subtle.

The only thing I could nitpick about is that I can't see Lucius wearing Muggle clothing or having Muggle possessions (or knowing about Muggle supermarkets), even after all those years. Other than that, I thought you characterized him perfectly.

Ginny... I have a hard time seeing her standing for the way he's treated her for that length of time, although obviously she is finally leaving him. I guess it's a lack of context for how and why these two became involved to begin with.

All in all, though, this was very well done.
bathtubblogger chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Rowannnnnnn.

I LOVE THIS.

Gah.

It's wonderful. Lucius. Lucius, I love you.

Enough babbling, more coherent review.

I know this is a Ginny/Lucius... I know that. But I just feel that you explored Lucius' character so delitcately and got so far deep into his emotions that this really is JUST Lucius- Lucius watching her leave, wishing he could stop her, and hoping that she will come back. Do I make sense?

As much as I totally hate myself saying this, this is how I imagine a 'perfect' G/L story to close. Of course, I totally wish that they could stay together and live happily ever after (think Ara by Leigh) but oftentimes, the way G/L is written and just the nature of their relationship- someone is going to back out. In this case, Ginny is leaving. (By the way, I kind of want perhaps a small, teeny, tiny little oneshot expanding on this. Maybe from Ginny's persepctive?)

I also love how you showed us the pain of this moment- how they are both lost and confused and hurt, but don't want the other to see- it symbolizes weakness, and they both want to be in control.

If I could, I would totally quote this whole entire piece as my favorite (if I had to choice on pain of death if would be the barefoot line. Wow!), but as I cannot, I will just say that I seriously love what you've done here. You've captured the G/L dynamic so well, and Lucius' emotions with painfully acuity. (Is that a word? I'm trying to say that his feelings are very acute, so I hope you forgive my lack of a dictionary. Haha!)

*kisses fic to death*

PS: Love the title. Excellent choice.
E. Edwin chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Amazing! Such great tone throughout. I love it
MagicMariah chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I absolutely loved this, it captured Lucius beautifully. And its totally how I imagine a relationship between them to be like.
MomoCGLW chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Very well written~ Love the characterization. Would read further if you turned this into a multi-chapter ficlet!
Miss-Talkative chapter 1 . 11/13/2010
Wow Rowan this is breathtakingly tragic but beautiful. You have captured the mind of Lucius fantastic. I love how he keeps reassuring himself on how much she owes him.

This paragraph is the epitome of Malfoybess and the sentence before creates a great image of L in jeans!

'I am barefoot, and for some reason this gives me, I am aware, the appearance of being at ease. You are leaving, and I will not so much as put on shoes to honor this occasion, I seem to be saying. I, Master of My Abode, Master of Myself.'

The way you have explored the psychological aspect of relationship is just pure genius.

Anyhoo I'm very impressed and now from lukewarm I'm slowly warming up to L/G. I guess it's the Malfoy addiction in us that makes us appreaciate father and son.

Shai xx
Lift up your voice chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
I'd thought I'd let you know that I first read this story many, many moons ago and it was the first (and one of the only successful) stories to make me like Lucius/Ginny in a weird way.
dotdotdotty chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
You captured Lucius so perfectly. I really wanted to smack him and at the same time wished to kiss him.
Misspond chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
What a perfect story. It really makes this pairing seem plausible!
IronSpockMaster chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
Wow. I've never gone for Ginny and Lucius pairings before, but this was brilliantly written, just... amazing. Well done!
idreamofdraco chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Wow, Rowan. I really enjoyed this. Leigh pointed me in your direction when I mentioned I'd never read Lucius/Ginny before. Normally I don't like first person narratives, but the way you wrote Lucius was compelling enough that I didn't mind it at all. The only little thing that bugged me was calling Ginny's eyes burgundy, as I see that as a dark red sort of color, rather than brown. Thank you for the awesome story. I'll have to make more forays into this 'ship. :)
Waitjustamomento chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Again I have unexpectedly fell in love with a Lucius/Ginny story. I never thought about the pairing prior but now that some talented authors like yourself has brought up the idea I simply love it.

Excellent read. I will be reading it again and again I am sure.
annie-elise chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I've never read this pairing before. I think you really captured the characters in a great way. This was just .. amazing.
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »