Reviews for The Pocketbook
Valerie3 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
I couldn't help but shed a few tears when I read this story. Even in heaven Ron and Kim are doing their best to help others.
Yamal chapter 1 . 11/17/2010
Sad and spooky, but also very beautiful. Snifff... Thanks a lot for your effort and keep up the good work! _
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 12/29/2008
Thanks Capt, still doing their thing even from the afterlife. Just what you'd expect, isn't it.

Not spooky, just good.

Thanks Cap,

Larry (Sentinel 103)
MDR chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
Very nice story, but I'm a little leery about the implications of the pocketbook. Isn't one of the myths of ghosts that if the ghost believes he has a task to do, he is doomed to stay on Earth until the task is completed? That kind of sounds like what is happening here. It comes from the statement that they give the bag to return to Kim's mom, not realizing she already has it.

If I were to offer constructive criticism, I would say get rid of the line that suggests that Kim and Ron are essentially doomed to stay on that road, trying to get that bag back to her mom, and instead suggest that it is Kim and Ron's way of telling the parents that they are thinking of them and are waiting for them. An otherworldly postcard as it were.
King Of Anime chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
I LOVED this story. A simple ghost story with a happy ending. Brilliant! I look forward to more great stories. I salute you Captain. KingOAnime
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
An interesting variation on a well-establish Urban Legend. Yes, I can believe that Kim and Ron would find a way to continue helping people even if their lives were cut short. Another well-written and readable tale, Captain. But, tell me, sir: Where do you find the time to write so many stories?

There was a science-fiction story about twenty years ago called "The Incredible Doctor Amizov," which dealt with a man who wrote science articles and science fiction stories. It turned out that he had been run through a cloning machine, and there were really six of him! Unfortunately his agent went through the machine as well, and each agent got ten percent of what Amizov earned. How many of you are out there, Captain?

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure ISland," by R. L. Stevenson
noncynic chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
This is just one more compliment, all the others have already said it, but very well done.
Fallin' Brick Blues chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
The thought of a ghost mole rat scares the livin' bejesus out of me. Not to mention a ghost baloon. *shudders*

Anyway. Very nicely written, Cap'n. *salutes*

Luck in life,

Fallin' Brick Blues

P.S. Wonder what would happen if Ecto-1 broke down on that road...
Danny-171984 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
For some reason, I just knew that Kim and Ron were 'ghost' when they help those people. It's just to weird for them to come out in that way, meaning the way you describe it. Sad...Hey, its this from a movie or something...sounds (the title)kind of familiar.

Well Captain, you made another terrific story. Keep on writing.

Danny
kim's 1 fan chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Another great story Cap, as always.

I don't know how you do it.

This was a very special kind of a ghost story.

I really enjoyed it.

God Bless,

Larry
Captain IT chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
The classics will never go out of style..wonderful job.

Keep it KP real

Captain IT
whitem chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I'm probably going to just end up repeating what everyone else said, but I really enjoyed this version of a classic ghost story. I too could guess the ending, but it still didn't lessen the emotions felt.

Good job here Captain...
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Well done variation on on of the classic ghost story motifs. Very well written and a good idea.
Isamu chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I thought that was going to go the other way honestly. I like that it was so far in the future, 30 years dead and still saving people. Nice.
Soth11 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Nice touch on an old classic. I've heard that tale in a number of different ways over the years and it's still a good one. It was nice to hear it again in he KP universe. It's a tale that would really apply to Kim and Ron.

Nice Job