Reviews for The Strange Self Insert
pinfeather chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
Very funny! (Poor Kim, though...)
rye.bread chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Let this be my public penance for calling you my "brother" in Christ. I think it's your Bart-Simpson-like username. My sister in Christ. The story retains its sparkle. I even like your self-reference,the "most intelligent girl they had ever met".

That in itself should've alerted me to your gender. Obviously, I was-or am-to casual a reader.

Vaya con Dios
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
my brother in Christ!

of late I have made up for almost a half decade of Kim POssible Ignorance by downloading episodes from I-Tunes. I got into fan-fiction after the show was off the air. I'm too frugal to subscribe to cable-so I hardly ever saw more that a dozen episodes that are out on DVD. Having just seen both Pan Dimensional Vortex Inducer episodes, I did a google on the term, and was led to your story-and was delighted to find a name that has appeared on my review pages.

the theme of TV and real life is not new. I read a Star Trek fanfic called "Visit to a Small Planet" about 32 years ago.. but that's not a flame on your story.

It was short and clever-and just a tad bizarre-tastefully so. It's not like you want to tell a riveting love or adventure story in a little thing like this-just amuse and slightly befuddle-and you pulled it off. Hope your enjoyed your veggie naco with Team Possible

But poor Kim-you left her kinda deflated-my occasional sense of chivalry says you almost need another chpt to show how you bolster her sagging self-esteem.
Ogehsim chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Lol. excellent!

"-and you died in a couple of them!" priceless.
RedBlueGreen chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I enjoyed Kim and Ron's reactions to you, they were pretty believeable. Not sure Ron's qutie dumb enough to turn on the PDVI though. It's always world-destroying trouble.

A vegetarian naco is a good idea and you might think BN would offer it already, but I think you'll have an uphill battle to convince Ron about it. "A naco...with no meat! Donne, it's just sick and wrong! Sick. And wrong."

Love the way you parody your own interests ("Well, I mean, I liked your blue, evil, sadistic, murderous side better, but hey- what can you do?”) and the overblown description of your character: "Strikingly beautiful...the most intelligent girl they had ever met". I've heard it's a common problem with self-inserts (of course, I don't what you look like: as far I know you're not overdoing it.)

But your behaviour towards Kim was shameful! Just because you don't like her character is no need to be so rude!

No wonder she couldn't wait to get rid of you... (Please read this in the humourous tone it was intended.)
PengyChan chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Hehe, this was a funny one! I'm glad to see you got around to write it, I got a good laugh while reading XD

I especially like it how Kim was annoyed to find out Ron had stolen the spotlight for once. She's a little self-centered, isn't she? XD
Soth11 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
You don't know how long it took me to click on the link for a SI story. (I really don't like SI's. I mean I really, really don't like em. Plus I usually don't read stories under a 10 words unless the author is a decent one.)

But on the plus side it was a nice suprise not to see a glory seeking, self agrandizing, larger than life fanfic author trying to worm their way into a story and stealing all the thunder. Your story was a nice little one shot that reflected my reading type. (more emphasis on Ron, etc..) The spelling and grammer made it a nice litle read as well.

Not bad.

Soth11
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Suprise! Sometimes fame ain't what we expect; is it?
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Sometimes surprises are not as wonderful as they may seem...

Wade! See if you can help Donne out?

CB73