Reviews for The Strong, Silent Type
In.Light.Syrup chapter 21 . 8/7/2010
why couldn't all fanfiction be like this? I've honestly never enjoyed a fanfic like this for a long time. Thank you so much!

I'd gush about all the things I love about this story but I don't know how to put it into words. Its just very, very awesome.
Aeris Deathscythe chapter 10 . 8/1/2010
I usually wait to read an entire story before reviewing it, but I had to stop mid-chapter and do it for this one because it's just so good!

Yuffie is fricking HILARIOUS and I keep cracking up.

LOVE this.
PastelSweet chapter 21 . 6/4/2010
When I first saw this story, i thought these exact words:

.Hell.

Then i decided screw it, immuna read it anyway since it has Yuffie in it, because i looooove Yuffie! And Rude's always been a bit of a mystery to me, i've never read a fanfic with him in it until now, and im glad i did.

I thought the pairing actually kind of worked, oddly. Im a massive Yuffentine fan, you see. Not a hardcore hate-this-pairing-and-i'll-go-keyboard-warrior-on-your-ass but i just raelly think they're cute, and i was surprised to see such a crack pairing, but i was glad. It's a better pairing than the Reeve one, but i'm cool with that one too.

Anyway, i guess im just saying that i enjoyed this story a ton, and i actually did laugh at alot of it, i thought it was rather funny. Well, anything involving Yuffie i consider funny, but still. I'm glad i read it, and you did a faaabulous job writing it, i really liked it. Good job, and i'm looking forward to reading other stories from you. You've earned a spot in my favourites, simply through this story, well done. You've joined the one other author in my favourites. Feel proud ;) Anywho, if i could applaud right now i would, but since i cant, im just going to write clap about 5 times.

CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP.

Hehehe. I love caps lock.
Athenaion chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Wagh, it's a very cute idea! A talkative and vivacious girl with the silentest man.
Amerilla chapter 21 . 3/6/2010
Beautifully wonderful. I couldn't stop laughing XD great job.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 2 . 1/11/2010
haha, Yuffie, you really need to shut up sometimes. lol
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
this is the first Ruffie i've read. good start. lol, who doesnt have naughty thoughts about Vincent and Cloud? w *lets her fangirl mind wander*
Abra Cadaverous chapter 21 . 11/17/2009
Okay, so I'm not like, a huge expert on Final Fantasy. So I'm not going to pick at the characters, or their personalities. But I do know who Rude and Yuffie. At least, I have a tenative grasp on the knowledge of who they are. So when I saw that the main pairing for this story was Yuffie and Rude, I went "What. The hell." But then I saw it was humor, which tends to make "awful" pairings slightly less awful, at least, in some cases, so I clicked. Oh, I am so glad I clicked. This was a great story, and pretty damn cute. I kind of wanted to stomp on Vincent's head for trying to kiss Yuffie while she was involved with Rude, but if an author can actually make you feel some sort of emotion other than total boredom, that's good, right? Anyways, this was a great fic, and, gasp, I'm actually looking forward to seeing more on this pairing/continuity.

So, see you next time?
mom calling chapter 21 . 9/20/2009
I've not read much in the way of romance for Rude, so this was fun. I also would not have thought Yuffie would be someone he'd be interested in, but it was interesting. I stumbled into this story, but I got into it and and had a good time. Thanks. mc
lenmaster93 chapter 1 . 8/9/2009
Dear Pen Against Sword,

I honestly love The Strong, Silent Type. I would have never thought to match Yuffie to Rude, but they are perfect for each other. One of my favorite parts is when Yuffie trips on the treadmil(sp?) and Rude saves her. I finished reading your work of genius a little while back but I only just now got myself an account here on . Your story was one of those that I simply couldn't put down. I would keep telling myself, "Okay, just one more chapter and them I can go to sleep." Your story reminded me of Twilight in the way that I would have loved to have hooked it up to an IV in my arm. I'm sure my parents were confused when they saw me carrying my lap with me when I would go to get a snack from the fridge.

Again your story is a work of genius and the first story that I've added to my favorites.

Sincerely,

lenmaster93

P.S. You rock as a writer!
Youko-Kokuryuuha chapter 21 . 6/28/2009
...

That Risa bitch is bug-fuck crazy.

So she breaks out of jail, clonks Rude over the head, and then has the nerve to taunt Yuffie and Reno while hiding behind a pile of crates like the little pansy she is?

Pfft. Villains. They're all the same.

I was a little disappointed that Reno took a hit, though. A stealthy co-op of search and destroy would've been incredibly badass with him. But, ah well.

And I loved that Leviathan pun. It had me snorting like hell.

About Leviathan, though: he seemed to be a letle bit of a deus ex machina, there; when the chips were down he sort of just popped out of nowhere, kicked Risa's ass, and healed Rude up all in one. So that seemed a bit much. But otherwise, I loved the ending.

And Vincent?

I still wanted Rude to punch his face in. Just because.

The final ramble was all done in true Yuffiesque manner, and I liked how you went back and used that princess/fairytale allusion again. It was like bringing the whole fic full circle. So that was a subtle touch.

All in all, a satisfying read.

Now. Proceed to create more Ruffie, plz.

Koky
Ceriene chapter 21 . 6/22/2009
If there was a way to type out applause for an awesome end to an awesome fic, I'd type it here, but since that's not possible, I'd just like to say that I loved this fic about an unlikely pairing I've never thought of before reading The Strong, Silent Type.

Tons of kudos to you for converting me to Rude/Yuffie, and more so for writing this. The characterization, plot and pacing of the entire fic was really well done. Hope to see more of this pairing from you! ;3
JingYee chapter 21 . 6/22/2009
Great ending! x3 I love it. I'm looking forward to more fics about Yuffie and Rude. :) Keep up the awesome work!
serenbach chapter 21 . 6/22/2009
Yay! I have that warm, just finished a great story, feeling right now!

I really enjoyed this chapter, I liked the fact that Yuffie and Rude's talk never got to serious, and was inturrupted just enough times to make it funny. I'm also happy that Yuffie and Vincent made up. They also told each other that they loved each other in the best way.

I also loved the summed-up fairytale ending. I really enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward to more Yuffie and Rude from you! :)
Bullet2tm chapter 21 . 6/21/2009
Hey,

Great chapter. Its the last one I'm assuming, but I think I will add you to my fav authors, in case you bring out something as fantastic as this story. Can't wait to hear from you again.

Bullet