Reviews for Without him
Ondori-Naramaki chapter 14 . 4/13/2014
I absolutely loved the entire fic! XD I really wish there was a sequel for it!

Anyway, time for me to go check out your other Merlin fic! :D

-Ondo
LaRieNGuBleR chapter 14 . 6/15/2013
It's quite sad ending (at least for me, and Merlin)
john'sgirlfriend2date chapter 14 . 3/4/2013
I have read both of your Merlin stories and I enjoyed them immensely! I love your writing style. In both stories I thought I would not be able to stand the suspense from chapter to chapter. Great job! Thank you for sharing your talents and thanks also to your husband for giving you the freedom and support to put your stuff out into the Universe.
RubyChoi24 chapter 14 . 12/9/2012
(please ignore the review below this, it's the practically the same thing, but I created an account and posted it with my user here)

Hi, I hope you are in good health. I just wanted to say that, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY FELL IN LOVE WITH 'WITHOUT HIM'! Their friendship and relationship was really deep and meaningful, and it was beautiful to read. I found it SO sweet how much they needed each other and their bickering was hilarious. You did an AMAZINGGG job with the characterisation of all the characters and the way you portrayed all the emotions felt by Arthur and Merlin, keeping them true to the characters and making them seem very realistic. Also 'Without Him' was very well written and engaging.

I'm really sorry that I couldn't review this earlier (like 4/5 years ago, when it was written!), but I only found it 2 days ago, and I read it in one shot -which made it all the more fantastic!. I would have loved to see a sequel if it was possible, since Merlin is ending very soon and their seems to be a lack of Merthur fanfiction, let alone GOOD Merthur fanfiction around nowadays.

Just one thing -I didn't really understand anything that happened after Chapter 13 (in Chapter 14). Was Ch14 a continuation after Ch13? What happened at the end of Chapter 13, when the dragon roared and shook the castle, and Arthur shouted 'Merlin' (because Merlin's words were cut off mid-sentence)? What happened after said event in Chapter 13? Is Chapter 14 just an overview of all the events that happened in the previous 13 chapters (but told through Arthur's point of view)? Sorry I was really confused after reading Chapter 14, and it's been nagging at my brain all day. So if it's no hassle, could you please explain what happened to me?

Thanks so much for the awesome story and your incredible writing skills! I really enjoyed it, and I look forward to the lovely stories that you are yet to tell in the future :DDDD 3 (and perhaps some future Merthur fiction?). I've become a real fan of your work.
-Lots of love (and giant, chocolate chip cookies), Ruby (Rubina) XOXO

[UPDATE: I just re-read Ch13 and Ch14, and I think I kinda understand a little better..BUT HOW COULD YOU MAKE ARTHUR FORGET EVERYTHING THEY WENT THROUGH AND SHARED? You've literally broken my heart in two! Why?! *SOBS SOBS* It's SO heartbreakingly sad! #megadepressed. You GENIUS woman, how can you turn me into this emotional mess with just a few of your words? All hail the magnificent Orchid Haha ;DD. It was really creative and INCREDIBLE how you laced the whole story and title together with this epilogue, restoring the balance into the nature of Camelot (with their unwavering stand against magic, and their resistance towards it -especially as this was set as early as S1/S2). It was just painfully tragic to see what happened to the boys, and what could have been for them, especially as they had just really found each other.]
Ruby chapter 14 . 12/9/2012

-Lots of love (and giant, chocolate chip cookies), Ruby (Rubina) XOXO
bluespiritgal chapter 14 . 9/8/2012
Wonderful story...enjoyed every chap, including the ending to put it back on track with the series...nice touch!

Very creative idea with Merlin's blindness linked to the ball of magic.

You story was very well written with such underlying sadness sometimes that touches each boy in their realization of the great span in their differences, prince and servant, magic and loyalty Arthur has to his father.

Like the series, Arthur opinions about magic need to grow and change over time and a reveal like this in season one, so early in their journey together, would have torn Arthur in half...ending was definitely a good choice, even if it was a sad one.

Bluespiritgal
sami1010220 chapter 14 . 9/5/2012
wow, interesting fic. i felt that it was a bit dramatic, but then i suppose the show is as well, so it fits, lol.
Lacuna Miyamoto chapter 14 . 6/13/2012
Yeah. I have no idea what happened between 13 and 14. Did Merlin try to kill himself? What? I'm so confused. Why was the castle shaking?
Kittylin15 chapter 14 . 5/4/2012
I feel like this story come before To The Victor because of the neckerchief in the box.
Munku-JGSPTV chapter 14 . 1/15/2012
Wow! Super super wow! A great fic! I really liked the elements of preslash where you could kind of read between the lines, but it wouldn't have been squick for people who don't like that. And the action was great too! I also liked the ending for the last chapter (and then the fun relief of the epilogue). But did Merlin memory wipe himself too? And what about the dragon? But anyway, awesome fic, congrats on your marriage (since I'm reading this like 3yrs after you posted lol). _
vanmaniac chapter 14 . 1/7/2012
Awesome story and so sad at the same time. Loved it!
minervah chapter 13 . 7/23/2011
brilliant story, really enjoyed it
Catherine chapter 14 . 6/13/2011
Oh my GOD. This killed me, all of it.

You filled me with joy then TOOK IT AWAY D':

Why did Arthur have to forget...IT HURTS SO BAD
Midnight Kaito chapter 14 . 3/15/2011
this is awesome! You should do a sequel on the consequences of the memory lost and maybe them having their memories returned! I would love to read that!
Lariavasiel chapter 14 . 2/5/2011
I know that this review is, well, belated shall we say? and not overly helpful but,

SQUEEEE! OMGLOMP!