Reviews for The Painting
Angel Of Versailles chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Okay...you made me cry (-̩̩̩-͡ ̗-̩̩̩͡ )

I couldn't find perfect words to give you review about this fic...it was awesome as always!

-and yes, I remember Francois, he was the first soldier who called Oscar and asked her to stay in French Guard when she wanted to leave after she slapped all of her soldiers in their faces, the one who collapsed after hearing Oscar's yell, rite?

Anyway I love this one!
Tranquil Girl chapter 1 . 10/28/2010
What can I say, Manna? This was unique and made with extreme creativity.

Beautiful.

Although rov world and the settings are not too matching with 'you know'

But it turned out very beautiful.

Nice concept.

And of course such a great job.

It reminds me of the best thing to gain on Earth. Inspiring.

So I'll keep it as favorite : ) something special like this.
loulou.k chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Hello again!

How could you say it's pointless? Not at all!

It's soo beautiful, too beautiful that it fascinated me as if I'm reading the ROV story for the first time, thought I knew all the head lines of it….And you know what? While I was reading it, and right in the middle, I made a promise to myself, that if….one day I found "My Andre" and convince him to marry me, and have a child from him "Little Andre, or little Loulou" I'll read this story-this little 'fic -to my baby before going to sleep! _

So, finally you gave the man a break, I like that.

You know the old aphorism "like Father, like son"? Well, you can say like daughter too, both of them didn't know how to show their feelings to the one they loved till the time was too late…till they loosed their precious person

Now to the comment:

It's so cute when you said that Andre's job was Oscar…it but I little smile on my lips….is that O.K.?

(Certainly she had the body of a woman, though she was not well-endowed and could hide it easily beneath her officer’s uniform, and her heart, though hidden deep within herself, was most likely one that felt feminine things, her spirit, wild and free and unrestrained, was that of a man.) Oh, you described her too well! I liked those lines.

(…He never married, never courted, rarely asked for time off…and he protected her VALIANTLY) Oh, my hero_

(And André… Ah, that brave man. He protected Oscar, even from her own father. Oh, what had he done, he wondered, when he brought that orphaned boy to set a masculine example for Oscar?) that was a very, very strong thought the general would think of that day.

(The dust was a testament to the time they had spent apart; the more dust there was, the less time he knew he had to be alone. Life on earth was, after all, only a short break between birth and death.) very great symbolism, I'm having difficulties in finding comments, because you've all ready but them while you writing the scenes! What should I say after you?

Oh, the auctioning was a very sorrowful ending too, but (It was stated that this painting would go up first, because whoever loved and accepted the son as the father did… would get everything) that explained every thing, and it was " kind of" happy ending.

Hum, it's weird I don’t remember François too much! I guess I have to read the mange again, you know, you may write about him in "bye, bye beautiful", like what he'll feel after having all the fortune, and he was only thinking about his late commander's portrait.

Kisses,

loulou
WhiteTigerLilly chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Gosh. That's awesome. It was like reading a fairy tale! And its was so bittersweet. I loved it!

ART is awesome.

I have come to notice that my reviews are getting shorter and then at other times I'm like I should have said this too!

I'm a pain.

Bendiciones,

Josie
Kasia.T chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Another great piece of writing. So different from the other ones, yet still so beautiful and touching. It shows the better, sensitive side of The General, the side he must have had all the time but somehow didn't want to show. Like his daughter Oscar who tried to bury her emotions but revealed them with full intensity at the end of her life. Thank you for this piece, Manna. It can really change one's attitude to Monsieur de Jarjayes...

And that specific style you wrote this in reminds me od something - it's like a Biblical parable with a moral teaching at the end. Great in its simplicity!

Kisses and hugs,

Kasia

P.S. BTW, I like the new layout of your journal. Seems like you've been totally possessed by RoV :-)
Xirysa chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Ehehehehehehe. So cute...

First off, I love the style this was written in. Really. I've got a couple of 'fics in the works that start in a similar way, but... None of them are even remotely finished yet. [shot] Don't look at me like that! [runs and hides]

Is it safe to come out and finish the review now?

Alright, it was kinda sad in a way. I concur to that fact. But still, there were parts when it seemed happy, too.

The auctioning off of everything, too, was also very good. And symbolism, symbolism... Ah. Nice.

Very pretty overall. Loved it. AND I LOVE YOU TOO