Reviews for Lethal Lies
tntiggris chapter 20 . 6/24/2012
Im so stuck on this pairing now. Ugh what have i done to myself.

They're relationship is more destructive than anything at this point. But their so pathetic apart and even worse together I cant help wanting more ;_;

I will most likely be going thru ur other fics now lol. I really am enjoying them :)
Adicius Seed chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Please Please pleaaaaase continueeee ~ (yeah I'm a whiny bitch hahahaha)
JZReids chapter 20 . 3/9/2012
You, my friend, have a LOT of talent. You've got such a way with words and you stay true to the characters you're writing about. I've been sucked into this story since the moment I started reading it (after being glued to the first fic) and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for more. I really hope you get inspired and finish this story. It'd be a shame to leave something this great incomplete.

I like how you took these characters, aged them appropriately, gave them grown up issues to deal with, and made the relationships believable. You're not rushing through anything but you've included plenty of twists and turns. I like Yuriy's characterization, how he's being 'helpful' but in a reluctant, no feelings spared sort of way. As I was reading I couldn't help but think that Yuriy and Kai would go well together. They seem to be able to tolerate each other better than anyone else can, and they already seem like kind of a package deal.

What I really love, and what's also tearing me apart as I read, is the dynamic relationship between Boris and Rei. I absolutely love it! The vivid imagery you use and the insight into the characters' minds really draws me in to every chapter. You are such an excellent writer. Thank you so much for sharing your work. You truly do the pairing and the fandom justice.
Leii-Leii chapter 20 . 7/24/2011
Please continue...
Kiki Ling chapter 17 . 4/21/2011
Heeeey! Remember me? :D I'm sorry I haven't been reading the last couple of chapters, sometimes I just get out the way of reading, but I love this story too much to just let it by so it's been sitting in my inbox for like the passed months.

Chapter seventeen was a good chapter, I loved it all, and the growing friendship between Tala and Ray was my fav part.

I'd say update soon but you already have, lol, like three times.

Good chapter

Kiki
intercostal-spaces chapter 20 . 4/8/2011
Holy shit. I think Johnny is my hero. Like no joke, I ADORE him in this chapter. I was a little surprised that Rei wasn't thrown in there anywhere, but this was good to see. And that ending; damn, I did NOT expect that to happen. Boris actually sat back down? What the deuce (did I spell that right)? And Johnny just let it go, just knew what to say in an instant; he's an angel disguised as a basehead, and I love his character. Leave it to a fuck-up like himself to bring Boris around. I know I thought he was gonna screw it up again for sure; I really thought he was gonna break out of there, and you threw me a total curveball on this one. Maybe there is still some hope for the two of them.

One thing that I thought was unique about this chapter in particular is that Boris actually lashed out verbally for once. Sure, he normally has a haughty line or two here and there and everywhere, but you never really get to see him angry without breaking bones in the process. It just goes to show that he really isn't as terrible as he seems. He's just in over his head; it's about damn time he finally let some of that frustration out in a non-devistating manner. Oh, and the reference to Robin was awesome. ;) I totally caught it.

Anyway, I'm SUPER happy to see an update on this. Perhaps you have more coming up soon? Oh, and I'm DYING to read chapter ten of NL, PLEASE update it, I'm thinking now-ish? :) Hope to hear back from you soon.

Take care, dearie. -

-PD
ReikiConvulsion chapter 19 . 4/3/2011
Have I ever told you I love how you write alcoholism? You just put so much raw emotion into it and that's probably what I love most about your work.

I felt the Hilary scene was very true to her character, so that was well done as well. I also liked Rei's visit, it was cute but it still stayed within the realm of their 'relationship', if you know what I mean.

I found the ending of the chapter sad, but I suppose it's realistic given everything that has happened. Still, I hope things will get better for Rei and Boris.
intercostal-spaces chapter 19 . 3/27/2011
You, my good friend, are an absolute terror! Leaving me with a cliffhanger like this is extremely unacceptable! Did I review the last chapter? I meant to! I don't have my wifi here yet so I'm unfortunately doing this from my phone right now. Epic fail on my part.

And epic win on yours! God, how can I truly tell you how much I love this story without repeating myself over and over again? It defies belief. I "squee'd" at different parts and then you killed me at the end there. Did he hurt somebody? Did he shank 'em? Lol, I jest, but I'm all up in a tizzy over here and you just made my day. I've been writing my balls off all weekend long and having something to read, especially an update from one of my favorite authors is quite the pick-me-up I've been needing.

Now for the actual review.

Seeing Rei struggle to gain his independence back is inspiring. In every scene there's always a small light of his former persona that manages to leak through, despite his screwed-up life and his tense situation with Boris. It's as though he too has to recover, not just from being a co-dependent to Boris, but also from his own battles with finding self-worth and constantly being labeled as weak.

Hopefully there's still a light at the end of the tunnel for him, even if it appears that Boris is on a backslide.

Which breaks my heart by the way, and makes me love you even more. He's a total contradiction to himself in every aspect of his being. He struggles so futilely to be tough and self-sustaining even though he knows it's a lost cause. The heartbreaking part is that he knows Rei is the only glue holding him together and he just might be too blind to acknowledge it until it's too late.

Anyway, those are just a few thoughts, lol, my fingers hate me for making my type this all with my phone, but I just couldn't help myself. I am VERY much looking forward to the next chapter of this.

Take care, dearie. -
Absolve chapter 19 . 3/27/2011
Man I actually feel so bad for Boris...he's a bit horrible at times but he's got all these (slightly) redeeming features that make him very likable.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kai and Yuriy (especially Kai though) again. It's been a while since they made an actual appearance. And with Mao also going to the reunion, something's gotta go down.

Anyway, I like the way you're going about the story, especially with a realistic depiction of Boris' battle with alcoholism.

Good luck on the next chapter and I'll see you there!
ReikiConvulsion chapter 18 . 3/11/2011
I'm so glad you updated this! I can't wait to see how Rei's and Boris' conversation plays out. And Hillary sounded just as she usually does, plus you nailed both Tyson and Johnny.

And Boris totally knows that Rei's his 'fella' lol. That part made me chuckle~

Keep at it! I'm rooting for you to finish this story!
intercostal-spaces chapter 18 . 3/7/2011
Chica, this chapter literally just blew my damn mind. It's so funny to see how Boris acts when he's actually...normal so to speak? The banter was PRICELESS between him and Johnny. Some favorite lines?

"Lucky for you that they drug me up, otherwise you'd be scraping your face off the ceiling"

"Part of my charm, McGuyver. Part of my charm"

And my favorite...

"What's those backward Rs supposed to be? That thing looks like a spider"

Lol, I lol'd for real pretty much throughout that entire scene. Oh, and it's awesome that Rei and Takao have finally gotten in touch again. Even though things are still bittersweet for all parties involved, it just makes it look like everything's finally looking up for a change. And that makes me grin. :)

Lol, Johnny is definitely a welcome addition to this story, and I hope to be reading a whole lot more conversations between him and Boris.

One quick question: Is there a reason you only use Bryan's and Ray's original names and not everyone else's? I guess I'd never really noticed it until now. Just curious, it's not really a big deal or anything.

Hope to hear back from you soon, dearie! Fabulous work on this chapter! I really do plan to get back to you on FF, I'm sorry I've been so busy lately! :(

Thegoldenlock chapter 18 . 3/7/2011
Ah jag kommer ihåg den här storyn, eller första delen i alla fall. Väldigt mycket ångest o allt: jag gillar det. Hoppas de blir tillsammans efteråt för jag vill verkligen se ett passionerat möte... tja.. du vet nog var jag menar. Jag gillar hur du beskriver Bryan/boris...

Ah hade för mig du var svensk eller finsk så hoppas du fattar denna reviewn, annars använd google translate :P

HA det brA
intercostal-spaces chapter 17 . 3/3/2011
I cannot believe you've finally updated this. :) It invokes a warm...fuzzy sensation. I like it a lot. And it was epic when I snorted like right off the bat when I started reading about Rei and Yuriy. Makes sense that they'd play nice and get along over time, no? I thought so too. Kinda cute if you ask me. And who the hell would've thought Johnny would show up in this? Can't say I'm surprised he's in the rehab, he kinda looks the type, but the fact that he's in this at all is a pleasant reminder that perhaps Rei and Boris aren't the only ones struggling since their beyblading careers ended. And somehow I can see Johnny and Boris becoming friends out of this.

Oh, and having Boris upchuck all over that pretty boy Soren? Fn priceless. ;) I'm sure Boris himself would've shat himself with joy had he been aware of what he accomplished. I lol'd.

Your writing just continues to leave me waiting around for updates like a miserably giddy school girl. Needless to say, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Have an extremely lovely day, my friend. -
LaughingFreak chapter 16 . 1/26/2011
Okay, I left a stupid review asking if there was a sequel and here it is! My bad...My questions were answered.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the story so far and I can't wait for it to be updated and finished. Yuriy and Kai are hilarious. Ray is such a good guy for dealing with Boris' bullshit all the time with his own on top of it. I love his devotion to Boris though, it's something that anybody would want to find. And oddly, I had a feeling that Boris was going to go back to the alcohol in the beginning here.

Looking forward to your next update!

~LaughingFreak
Kiki Ling chapter 16 . 1/11/2011
This story is the reason I love Bryan x Ray, well, this one and its prequel anyway! I love it love it love it!

Good chapters, some great lines in it, and the kiss part was perfect! Sweet, but not sticky if you get my drift, I hate it when people on this sight make Bryan in to some kinda romantic softy! He's not like that at all!

Good job, as ever looking forward to the next chapter!

Kiki