Reviews for Champagne
Guest chapter 1 . 1/13/2015
This is wonderful!
FalconWings14 chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
See now that makes so much more sense than the real ending...Very cool.
krissey cullen chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
wow, i never knew the Chad and Ryan were guy?
Peace Faith chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Love the conflict between these two and in Chad. So brilliant.
hedomystic chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Yeah, Chad is a bit obsessive when it comes to Troy. It's good to see it manifest here, although I do feel bad about seeing Ryan suffer over it. Overall, it's a good story, but ultimately, too short.
1FtTall chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I liked it. Drunk Chad and Ryan? Yummy. One-sided relationships? Perfect. Keep writing wonderful stories, and great job on this work of literature. I liked how you had great grammer all the way through, and never misspelled anything. 5/5 and favs.
Cake1 chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
I really liked this! It's a little different from most other stories, I like different. Nice idea and well written! :)
CeliaLauna chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Chad isn't very clear, swooning over Troy AND Ryan. Jeez...

Still, it's Chyan! _ And I like how Ryan is caring. Also, he's THAT into Chad, but still has got his principles. (is that the right word? I'm not sure...)

X~X~X Celia ~~
Anidori-Kiladra chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
I really liked that. The way you subtly revealed the intricacies of their relationship and left it on an open note really fit the tone of the piece.

~Ani
Sandshrew777 chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
It's very nice, really, it is. A different Chad than I'm used to (I'm familiar with this characterization of Ryan, oddly enough, but the needier Chad is different), but you do it well. I buy that this is still Chad - he's no caricature.

I like the simple premise and simple action. No need to get expansive - the focus here is on what's being said and what's not being said and you make that clear. It's a great choice for this idea.

I was NOT expecting this ending. It's a very mature move on your part to make Ryan the rejector and I was pleasantly surprised. A very, very nice touch and well executed.

I have a couple of continuity issues I'd like to mention, though, 'cause I'm picky. (Sorry, LOL.) One: if Ryan's barely had sips of champagne before, how does he know that Chad can't hold his liquor? Unless by that line ("Ryan's honestly never had more than a sip or two") you mean just champagne and not drinking in general? I dunno. It was a little fuzzy to me.

Also, Ryan calling marijuana by the long name and not slang seemed out of character. He's with Chad - I think he'd call it pot or weed. He's trying to be casual about it.

Finally, in the line "Not that he counts (though he really does)" you don't need the paranethetical statement. The flavor is so much subtler and cooler without you doing that little tennis game with us. :)

Other than those bits of nit-picking (and it really is nit-picking) I proclaim myself quite satisfied (yes, I do have a big head, and if you'd like to pop my ego bubble please do, LOL, I need it sometimes!) with what you've got here. It's sophisticated, well-developed, and direct. Those are vital strengths.

Briliant work.