Reviews for The Kiss
Jareth-GK chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
How intriguing, that Sarah would expect me to taste like peaches. I much prefer apples. I do hope she won’t truly be disappointed… Do you know Sarah? Is this indeed an expectations of hers?

I’ve given quite a bit of thought to kissing Sarah, I’ll admit, and I suspect she will probably taste like sunshine, or possibly an alcoholic beverage, depending on which of my plans the kiss results from.

Also, nymphs tend to taste a bit like seaweed.
The Three March Hares chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
That was lovely.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Fun! We do fixate on the peach thing, don't we? ;) I don't imagine he'd taste like peaches unless he had been eating something peachy. And rain doesn't really taste all that nice. :)

Enjoyed it - thanks for sharing!
BreathOfNocte chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
*Humms happily* I quite like the idea that they would expect the other to have some specific flavor. And, of course, the reason we love them so dearly is their utter refusal to do what is expected, so obviously they would not comply to their pre-concieved tastes. .

Nymphs. Haha.
ShreddingRibbons chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
*hugs you, while succeeding to squeeze the life out of you* this was absolutely hysterical, i nearly fell from awkward perch on my couch laughing. of course it was adorable as well, and perhpas you will be happy to know that this will be going into the jumpled up heap of my favorites.
Spamsterlady chapter 1 . 6/28/2009
That was extremely adorable! :3 I love how you wrote it and the kiss flavours was very cute.
Sulova chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I enjoyed this, but the "Lemony Snicket" effect detracts from the flow of the story. Although that is purely a stylistic choice, you don't have to be so blatant as to start up with the "dear reader, oh yes, and then it happened!." stuff to interest the reader. The voice in your writing shows up clearly without using those kind of trite phrases.

Ehehe, I laughed when she expected him to taste of peaches. And when Jareth slipped up about his (undoubtedly) promiscuous past. You did a great job of capturing her innocence and his general kingly failtasticness. Nice job! :D
inkdaemon chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
Lovely! I love the different take on the traditional 'first kiss' scenario. That they both had (seemingly silly) expectations of each other made me laugh (in a way that draws questionable looks from members of the general public). I hope to look through more of your work soon! Thanks too for taking an interest in my stuff!
Miru88 chapter 1 . 4/17/2009
*sighs* CoffeeKris, did I ever tell you how much I LOVE you? I just re-read "What Goblin Kings Don't Do" to cheer me up, and then I decided to read this and now I really don't care if I do that badly on my exam. Haha. I do enjoy your stories- I think I'll check out "I Defy You" soon. Btw did I tell you how happy I was to see your review on one of the newer chapters of Within? XD anyway, I just love the sweetness and humor you put into it. Will be back for more! xoxo
bobmcbobbob1 chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I almost didn't review, then I saw the curse on your biopage.

Don't get me wrong, I found it entirely delightful and, what made it incredibly happy, /real/. I just don't feel I can measure up to the comedic pow of your reviews. It puts the pressure on. ;)

Jareth's automatic answer there, that's going to come up at some point, I think. It works so well just as a scene, too. They're just so cute.

Verily, the metaphysical representation of taste exemplifies the inner struggle of humanity for redemption and the desire for sating what is unspoken.

...funny, I think I've made up a sentence like that for an english paper before. Grah, I think too much school. *twitch, drool, calc.

Happy writing! Take care.
Mashdana chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Kris this is one of the stories I tend to go back to every once in a while. I certainly love it, Im not sure why I havent reviewed it sooner, sorry about that! the way you portrait the entire situation, the possibility of it NOT being just so perfect is incredible. and so very accurate! things are not that perfect ever, not even in fanfic! your extremely mature both as a writer and a person for admiting to that. My congrats for all my heart, thank you for sharing!

Violetcarson chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
*giggle, coo, aww* That was great. Daily smile, accomplished. Lovely little story.
hellerii chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
Practice is the fun part :D

Random TMI: The first guy I kissed tasted slightly of bell peppers.
twinklestar148 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
well i read your profile and since i'm not fond of munchkins, especially ones with nasty sticky fingers, i decided to review.

this was such an adorable story! it was so very very cute and made me giggle almost the whole way through!

so yeah, it was really sweet and adorable and i'm gonna favorite it )

dimorphic chapter 1 . 11/19/2008
That was just so... damn... cute.

Not much to say other then the overwhelming cuteness of it all.