Reviews for Journey To A Different Past
W. Stock chapter 9 . 12/31/2010
On the ground a man who had been run over lay apparently unconscious, and covered with blood; he was very badly dressed, but not like a workman. Blood was flowing from his head and face; his face was crushed, mutilated and disfigured. He was evidently badly injured.

“Merciful heaven!” wailed the coachman, “what more could I do? If I'd been driving fast or had not shouted to him, but I was going quietly, not in a hurry. Everyone could see I was going along just like everybody else. A drunken man can't walk straight, we all know…I saw him crossing the street, staggering and almost falling. I shouted again and a second and a third time, then I held the horses in, but he fell straight under their feet! Either he did it on purpose or he was very tipsy…The horses are young and ready to take fright…they started, he screamed…that made them worse. That's how it happened!”
W. Stock chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
I really liked this one. It was sad when they wouldn't let Vlad in, and I liked the dreamlike element of sneaking out of the window at night.
W. Stock chapter 4 . 12/26/2010
I didn't really like this one. It just seemed too Aladdin-inspired for me.
W. Stock chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 14 . 10/23/2009
*sweet, british accent, oliver-esque voice* "Please sir, can I have some more?"

Your Dimitri is perfect in every way. I love him. Please, please write more! :)

Happy writing,

Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 6 . 10/22/2009
"Veni Vedi Vici-"

"-Never beat Dimitri,"

happy writing,

Sky Spirit chapter 14 . 9/19/2009
This is so intriguing.

I love all the backstory for Dimitri: it makes the movie so much more complex and enjoyable. Everybody is in character, you have great ideas, and you explain a lot of what we see in the film. My only problem is the jump between Auditions and the scene on the boat- I feel like there's more story in between to be told :)

Good job, and please update!
Britney628 chapter 9 . 3/31/2009
Okay, I love this chapter too. It's one of my favorites in this story.

First part: I was wondering about you hitting him with the car, I didn't think you would have him actually get hit. I knew that was going to turn out to be a con. I loved all of it. Of course, Dimitri calls it a game. I can see Dimitri having fun with it.

Second part: Dimitri is a suave little charmer, and a quick thinker too. I'm sure that comes in handy. I'd consider it a hidden talent since it actually works on some people who don't notice.

Third part: Of course, Dimitri opens up his heart to do a good deed and he finally gets beat at his own game, and from a couple of kids. Well, now he knows why people probably fell for it when he was younger. I bet he would be pretty ticked about that, and probably wondering how in the world the table turned on him.
Britney628 chapter 13 . 3/24/2009
This is for Auditions.

I printed this out to read on the way to church when I new my time was running out. Dimitri puts on his positive attitude and what do you know, it gets crushed almost every time. Serves him write when he gets cocky around Anya. I liked that you put in the Eyebrow Raise of Possibility.
Britney628 chapter 12 . 3/24/2009
This is for Lessons Learned.

You get some very unique ideas. I love how Vlad puts it when he's talking about Dimitri and the Anastasia look-a-like. Dimitri definintely needs to find a better way to appreciate life. I think you nailed his character, don't you always do a great job though? It's nice to have some Dimitri and Vlad stories.
Romance and Musicals chapter 10 . 12/4/2008
DimitrisDuchess chapter 10 . 11/26/2008
What a sweet and delightful ending to this section, I love how he's messing with her head with the whole "Oh what color is that tree, blue, purple?" LOL.
DimitrisDuchess chapter 9 . 11/26/2008
Um, yeah since I didn't do this to your other story you get a review on every chapter.. This one, great useage of Vlad. Amazing what a great actor Dimitri is, but ten long years on the streets of ST. Petersburg would do that to a man..
DimitrisDuchess chapter 8 . 11/26/2008
I swear this is like a deleted scene from the movie.. I'm jelous.. XDD Wonderfull. I'm keep reading a reviewing though..
DimitrisDuchess chapter 7 . 11/26/2008
Did he go into her room? GREAT idea on how they came to live in the palace.. :D