Reviews for Parenting Your Gifted Child
Such a cute fic!
cleared account 02 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Aw...
Lilly McShepin chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Aw... chick flick moment here... so sweet...

Loved it. Dean is an awesome big bro.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
AW, this was simply adorable! I loved seeing all the bits and pieces from Sam and Dean's childhood that John had kept in the box, and when I discovered that the book on parenting was DEAN'S, I simply melted - that was simply too precious:-) Good job with this one - it's totally something I could see Dean doing:)
T. Whittsen chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Wow, that was such a great story! Impressively well-written. I loved all the awkwardness mixed in with the special, heartwarming, brother moments. So perfect! Thanks for making me smile!

Oh, and this line made me laugh: "Sam felt a rush of love for his big brother and seriously considered risking life and limb to give him a hug."

Wonderful job!
NamedForTheWind chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I love dean-raised-sam fics. Not that I particularly dislike John Winchester, but he's not about to win Father Of The Year, now is he? Whereas Dean...

Anyways, kudos on a great fic!
Fajitas chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I love when people write about Dean being the real dad to Sam. This was so adorable and I think you really nailed Dean's reaction to Sam finding out. Thanks for another great story.

Fajitas
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I loved this story. I think, that as fans, we sometimes tend to romanticize John Winchester. He was not a good father. He left his children alone, at a young age, for days at a time. He dragged them all over the country, they never had a permanent home. It was always about his need for revenge and not Dean and Sammy's needs.

“If I am (ever a good father), it’ll only be cuz I learned from the best,” Sam responded quietly.

Total chick flick moment, but a wonderful one. Sam knows his brother has always done for him, but to what extent a young Dean went to, he learns here from the book. A book that Dean had highlighted and made notes in. Games that they played as boys.

It is a heavy burden indeed that Sam carries, that his brother sold his soul for his. Dean always put Sam's needs before his own (as a good parent does). It is nice to see Sam get the chance to tell Dean thank you, even if it does make Dean cringe.

Anne
flitwick chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aw, this warmed me up and made me smile!
sandymg chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I loved this. Smiled all through it. Lovely brother voices. Great snark. I pulled out some really sweet bits ...

This: “No biggie,” Dean brushed it off as unimportant, leaving Sam unsure as to whether it actually had been or whether his brother just wanted him to think it was.

- Good inner voice for Sam.

This: It was the little things in life that made Dean happy, a quality he found endearing, but knew better than to comment on.

- Ditto to above. Very Sam to realize this. And true for Dean

This: Dean nodded. “Yeah, mom made him get the bubblegum ones, even though Dad said a real man would hand out real cigars. But she said it was my celebration too—you being born—and they should get something I could enjoy too.” He smiled at the memory. “That was the first time I ever had bubblegum—the day you were born. I’d been begging for it for a while, and mom said that since I was a big brother now, I was finally old enough. It was the best thing I’d ever tasted.” Dean’s face had softened. “That was a great day,” he finished quietly.

- Meep! Aw. Loved this passage

This: Dean hadn’t opened his eyes yet, still hoping against hope that a sinkhole would open and swallow him. What? Weirder things had happened. Especially in their line of work.

- Perfect Dean voice

This: But his brother’s belief in him meant a lot. Meant everything.

- Love this line.

Really nice little story. Will check out more as soon as I have a little more time. I can tell I'll like :)
PersonifyThis chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Aw this is too precious! I absolutely love it! It's so true Dean did so much for Sam that I bet he's not even aware of. Really sweet story :)
Elm Treigh chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
AW! So adorable!

Makes me love Dean more! This was great! XD
Crimson Ivy chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
Wonderful story! So warm and sweet... It made my day! :D
theresa k chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
i thought that this was a well written fic. and it would seem like something that would happen to the boys. and it seemed like dean would really do those things for sam because he cared so much, and since im pmsing, i kinda teared up just a tiny bit at the end. but all in all, i thought that it was very good. keep writng.
Girl-Can't-Help-It chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
I really liked this! It was good!
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »