Reviews for Parenting Your Gifted Child
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
That was so sweet and funny - I loved it. Particularly loved the idea of the parenting book. And I particularly loved this line: "It wasn’t that Dean wasn’t smart; he was one of the smartest people Sam knew. He just had the attention span of a five-year-old on a sugar high." That pretty much sums Dean up perfectly.

Great job.
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
This was just amazing hon! *hugs* I'm so glad you decided to post it! You captured the boys so well, I can hear their voices, see their faces. It's a truly amazing first effort, and I hope we see many more like this to come in the future! Just plain awesomeness, my dear!

Rated:

Five freshly waxed, lovingly detailed Impalas with three extra large bags of peanut M&Ms, a new Classic rock boxed set and Sam and Dean happily singling along.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Aw, sweet. *g* That's what I needed this morning! Thanks for a good read. I'm glad Sam got some insight into his awesome big brother.
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Ha! And you were worried... This was sweet. Bless those boys and their chick-flick moments.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Oh, man, I don't have the words to tell you how incredibly sweet this fic is. I laughed over the landmines, awwed over the comic books-and that's my philosophy, too: what more do you need than brothers and comic books?-and loved the idea of Dean saving Sam's speech for their dad. But the whole parenting book idea was so inspired and beautifully done. It's like revealing a whole new side of Dean, one that fits both the practical and the loving aspects of the guy. Just lovely.
teal-lover chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
that was awesome. dean was such a great big brother, and I'm so glad you captured the essence of what that all meant. Nice. Definitely going on my favorites.
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
I loved it !
InSecret chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Oh I love this! It's perfect, so believable. Love it.
TraSan chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Oh jeez, girl, what were you worried about? That friggin' rocked!

I've always thought of Dean having a brother-father relationship with Sam. Those four years make a heck of a lot of difference until you're both in your twenties.

And while I believe it was more brother, than father, I can so see this happening, just from a big bro kind of way. Dean, man of action, sitting down, forcing himself to read through a dry book to help his little brother with such an intangible thing as future growth potential.

And the fact the John had items in there from both his boys? Loved that. That you showed they were a loving family despite all the speed bumps along the way. I think, too often, it is overlooked.

Awesome first story. Looking forward to more from your pen.
Circakona chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
That was absolutely lovely! Made me feel all warm and gooey inside, so thanks! I'm going to your page at fanfic to see what else you've got to delight me. Thanks for sharing, Nancy
poestheblackcat chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Aww. This is cute. Of course Dean would have done some parenting research to raise Sam. It shouldn't have surprised Sam so much. I liked at the end how Dean kept going into the chick-flick moment and how Sam let him off the hook and ended it.
sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Loved this fic! My heart melted picturing a young Dean diligently reading and annotating the parenting book and carrying out the lessons by himself. This would make a great weechester story! Hint, hint.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Great story! Loved that book idea! As soon as Dean reacted to the book, I knew it had belonged to him!
PipkinTwo chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
A terrific read... made me smile...loads of smooze in all the good places. Aw factor of #10!

Thanks

Pip
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Loved it. Loved the look back at all the stuff in the box, loved the patient humor between the brothers, loved the not-too-schmaltzy discussion about having kids, loved Dean's valiant attempt at nonchalance upon the discovery of the book, loved Sam's wondering about "who there had been to make sure Dean lived up to his potential." Just loved it. Thanks.
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 Next »