Reviews for Parenting Your Gifted Child
aja aron chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
I loved this. The whole concept was just wonderful, and so very fun to read. I liked them finding that John kept things he seemed so dismissive of at the time, and I liked the interplay between the brothers. Solid voice and tone. Nicely done!
moogsthewriter chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
Another aw story. Dude, how come you don't have more work on here? Both of your stories are really, really good! I loved this, too - just like Dean to get something to help keep Sammy occupied. I, too, wonder just how much far Dean would've gone if he'd had a "normal" life - I really think he could've been an engineer or something. He makes enough of their gadgets...

Anyway, great work once again. Loved it, and it's on my fave list. Dude, seriously - post some more stuff! I know I for one would love to read it. :)

Merry Christmas!

Aishybashy chapter 1 . 12/1/2008
Aw this totally lived up to your recommandation! soo sweet, I love the moments when the brothers let eachother know they really care, they're such interesting characters so many emotions hidden behind a big man wall. Im adding you to my alert for when inspiration strikes you again and you muster up another piece of gold like these two.

Thanks again for sharing your writings,

Ais x
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Beth, this was wonderful! Absolutely wonderful. I absolutely adore the idea of Dean reading that parenting book for Sam and keeping him occupied with "games" from within its pages.

I sincerely hope to see more stories from you.
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 11/23/2008

Oh I can totally see young Dean fishing that book back out of the trash and reading it... Oh Dean! :D
Jenmm31 chapter 1 . 11/17/2008
I don't know how I missed this story before...but it's just as fantastic as your other one!

You should def keep writing more:)
hitchcock-starlet chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Hahaha great ending to an excellent story. Had me almost in tears for this one, your descriptions and tale was one that I enjoyed a lot.
mymuseandi chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Aw, this story is sweet! i would think Dean would be the one parenting Sam, and although i kinda think that John might have it in him to read that kinda book, i'm glad you make it Dean who did all those things with Sam. :)
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 11/1/2008
I just sent you a PM - don't know which you'll get first.

This was fantastic. I really enjoyed the idea of them finding that book and of Sam seeing how much his brother truly valued him - from the very beginning. Seeing the concentrated effort that Dean went through to make sure Sam had what he needed - that he got every chance at normal that he could... it was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.

And the "learned from the best" line... *chokes up*

I think I, too, need pie. Lotsa pie.

Best to you.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
I can't believe this is your first fic! Amazing! The descriptions, the emotion, everything was so well done.

The Parenting Your Gifted Child book that Dean studied to help Sammy was an awesome idea and the brothers' reactions were absolutely perfect.

Thanks for sending me the link. I really do hope you write some more. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.
AJ Wesley chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
B, that was awesome! A wonderful little slice of life that gives us a peek into the boys' past. You made me laugh, you made me all misty. Great job. I love when Dean gets embarrassed and tries to cover. And I love that Sam lets him off the hook and offers to buy him a burger. I could just see the look on Dean's face. Thanks for sharing!

jenilee chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
What an incredibly sweet and moving story. I really loved it. A very thoughtful way to show their relationship past and present.
Tigerdrake chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Aw... This is so sweet, but entirely in character as well. I can really picture Dead doing something like this for his little brother. Awesome job!
Rae666 chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
Dude, that was awesome _ So cute and wonderful and aw! And the characters were spot on! Wow, loved it!

"He just had the attention span of a five-year-old on a sugar high."
Mad Server chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
This is so sweet. I love the idea that Dean taught Sam to read with comic books on rainy afternoons, and earnest mini!Dean highlighting passages in the parenting book kinda breaks my heart. Well done!
265 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »