Reviews for Parenting Your Gifted Child
missmarina95 chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Are you serious? I could have sworn I reveiwed this already, but I evidently haven't! Wow, I suck. This has got to be one of my favorite fanfics ever, period. Not just in supernatural, but of fanfictions everywhere! :) I just love this story. It's fluffy and funny, in character, and totally believable! I think it shows what an incredible big brother Dean is, and how much Sam appreciates it. While fluffy, it isn't overly chick-flicky. It's a great fic and I'm so glad ytou wrote it!
Caligo Origuu chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This one actually had me squealing aloud. Thank goodness my roommates aren't home. So very sweet. Love the brotherly bonding. XD
Illucida chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
:) This was touching, and written very well. Great job!
inactiveacount121212 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
That was wonderful. Great Job!
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
Such a cute fic!
cleared account 02 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Aw...
Lilly McShepin chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Aw... chick flick moment here... so sweet...

Loved it. Dean is an awesome big bro.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
AW, this was simply adorable! I loved seeing all the bits and pieces from Sam and Dean's childhood that John had kept in the box, and when I discovered that the book on parenting was DEAN'S, I simply melted - that was simply too precious:-) Good job with this one - it's totally something I could see Dean doing:)
T. Whittsen chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Wow, that was such a great story! Impressively well-written. I loved all the awkwardness mixed in with the special, heartwarming, brother moments. So perfect! Thanks for making me smile!

Oh, and this line made me laugh: "Sam felt a rush of love for his big brother and seriously considered risking life and limb to give him a hug."

Wonderful job!
NamedForTheWind chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
I love dean-raised-sam fics. Not that I particularly dislike John Winchester, but he's not about to win Father Of The Year, now is he? Whereas Dean...

Anyways, kudos on a great fic!
Fajitas chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I love when people write about Dean being the real dad to Sam. This was so adorable and I think you really nailed Dean's reaction to Sam finding out. Thanks for another great story.

Fajitas
Anne1013 chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I loved this story. I think, that as fans, we sometimes tend to romanticize John Winchester. He was not a good father. He left his children alone, at a young age, for days at a time. He dragged them all over the country, they never had a permanent home. It was always about his need for revenge and not Dean and Sammy's needs.

“If I am (ever a good father), it’ll only be cuz I learned from the best,” Sam responded quietly.

Total chick flick moment, but a wonderful one. Sam knows his brother has always done for him, but to what extent a young Dean went to, he learns here from the book. A book that Dean had highlighted and made notes in. Games that they played as boys.

It is a heavy burden indeed that Sam carries, that his brother sold his soul for his. Dean always put Sam's needs before his own (as a good parent does). It is nice to see Sam get the chance to tell Dean thank you, even if it does make Dean cringe.

Anne
flitwick chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aw, this warmed me up and made me smile!
sandymg chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I loved this. Smiled all through it. Lovely brother voices. Great snark. I pulled out some really sweet bits ...

This: “No biggie,” Dean brushed it off as unimportant, leaving Sam unsure as to whether it actually had been or whether his brother just wanted him to think it was.

- Good inner voice for Sam.

This: It was the little things in life that made Dean happy, a quality he found endearing, but knew better than to comment on.

- Ditto to above. Very Sam to realize this. And true for Dean

This: Dean nodded. “Yeah, mom made him get the bubblegum ones, even though Dad said a real man would hand out real cigars. But she said it was my celebration too—you being born—and they should get something I could enjoy too.” He smiled at the memory. “That was the first time I ever had bubblegum—the day you were born. I’d been begging for it for a while, and mom said that since I was a big brother now, I was finally old enough. It was the best thing I’d ever tasted.” Dean’s face had softened. “That was a great day,” he finished quietly.

- Meep! Aw. Loved this passage

This: Dean hadn’t opened his eyes yet, still hoping against hope that a sinkhole would open and swallow him. What? Weirder things had happened. Especially in their line of work.

- Perfect Dean voice

This: But his brother’s belief in him meant a lot. Meant everything.

- Love this line.

Really nice little story. Will check out more as soon as I have a little more time. I can tell I'll like :)
PersonifyThis chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Aw this is too precious! I absolutely love it! It's so true Dean did so much for Sam that I bet he's not even aware of. Really sweet story :)
244 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »