Reviews for Shatterpoint
GreatOne chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
Boy... you sure do know how to write a sad story. *sniffs and wanders off to consume vast quantities of Dr. Pepper*
LASOS chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Did I say I'd be crying for three days? Amend that to at least five, and your stories should really come with an additional disclaimer, or perhaps you should have your readers sign waivers for...severe dehydration brought about by prolonged crying jags.

So, first of all, brilliant. I mean, that's per usual for all of your stories, but this was just exceptionally so. Your genius shines from the very first sentence.

The imagery of the coffee cup-oh dear God, that is heartbreaking.

The autopsy was so painful. The revelations, that Han had to SEE her like that, him running down the halls...

I didn't cry until this:

"You're a Jedi, right, kid?" The words tumble out of his mouth so quicklysmoothly, slipping around on his tongue until he can barely get a hold on them. "So go on, summon her here or something."

That was so poignant because it is HAN SOLO and Han Solo doesn't believe in hokey religions and ancient weapons and all-powerful forces controlling his destiny, and yet he does, he does. He does here, he believes so desperately, he KNOWS that it is real, and yet the Force fails him completely. I can just HEAR the quiet tremble in his voice, the desperate plea, the sudden hope that gets crushed by Luke's quiet explanation. It breaks my heart.

(He is officially thirty-eight, but his eyes are far older. They always have been.) Oh, oh, oh, oh!

At least we can take solace in the (bittersweet) happy ending. Thank you for that!

*LASOS adds another Mathematica Masterpiece to her Favorite Stories list. Running total, I believe, is now seven.*
HanSolo2987 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Wow Poor Han. Beautifully written. Great story.
Argenteus Draco chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
*Cries*

The last line of part II was the first place that I had to stop, and just kind of stare at the sentence for a while and regain my composure. That scene (and by scene, I mean the entire encounter and aftermath that you managed to describe in a single thought) was just so damned real!

Then I had to read part IV twice, because no one ever writes about Han seeing Force Ghosts, and especially not Padmè, and that comparison of her loss to Han's-

*Continues crying*

I think my favorite line from the fic was: "...watching him with all the elegance that only the dead can hope to achieve..." because it was such a vivid description of a completely abstract concept that you somehow managed to give perfect life to. And the final image of Leia with Padmè and particularly with Anakin, who it takes her so long to come to terms with, was so powerful that skywalker05 noticed my reaction from across the room.

Wonderfully written, and so sad that I have to favorite it.
timenspace chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
*sniffs* Oh, poor Han! *sniffs*
xLadyJackal chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Your writing is so amazing! This was one of the most gorgeous fics I've ever read. I cannot wait to read more of your work, please don't make me wait too long!

-xLady Jackal