Reviews for In the heat of the night
alexindigo chapter 18 . 1/25/2012
Absolutely beautiful. Captured everything perfectly. Thank you for sharing. )
nelliesbones chapter 20 . 7/29/2011
Ok, wow.

First, I loved that anecdote about your daughter, thanks for sharing something so precious.

Second, your writing is exceptional. I can never read more of your stories in a row because every sentence is so powerful, every word so important. But that is good. Your stories are like the good wine, the one you don't drink every day. I love surrendering myself to the flow of your words. Thanks :-)
Labyrinth01 chapter 20 . 6/12/2011
This was absolutely beautiful, and a great follow up piece for the previous story. I love how you wove "Mockingbird" into the plot, using it both for comfort and to express both Booth and Brennan's fears about parenting. Exquisite.
daisy07 chapter 20 . 6/11/2011
I remember that nursery rhyme so well and the way you wrote your story around it was very moving and emotional.

I loved discovering Brennan's 'take' on the circumstances from the last chapter and I'm so glad that Brennan has finally understood and accepted that love exists and she's able to experience it and reciprocate.

Awesome!
SouthunLady chapter 20 . 6/11/2011
Wonderful way to wake up in the morning.
SouthunLady chapter 19 . 6/11/2011
Beautiful story, scene.
berniej chapter 20 . 6/11/2011
Whew that was emotional, I'm glad he saved Hannah but now he has to deal with the consequences and Bones will always have his back and even though she's scared and thinks she doesn't know what to say or even do just her total belief in him as she always has, will heal any hurt. No doubt she'll be talking to someone concerning his job before long!

I love that she believes him, in him, she knows he loves her because he told her so...does she feel threatened by Hannah difficult to know but she completely trusts Booths words and jealousy wouldn't occur to her. Lucky for him, most guys would have to deal with very hurt feelings at the least!

Thanks for the update

Bernie
eitoph chapter 20 . 6/11/2011
I really enjoyed this arc - both this chapter and the last were lyrical, intimate and a really interesting take on how Hannah might come back into the fold. I really loved Booth and Brennan's interactions, as well as their confidence in each other. You've made me want to know where they go from here, does Booth get his badge back etc - I'm really drawn in by this story :)
Angeldream05 chapter 20 . 6/11/2011
Hiiii :) awww wow such a good way to wake up in this otherwise gray gloomy dull morning! Excellent companion to the other chapter, loved it :) And the dedication to your little girl is supersweet, the lullaby theme is just lovely :) really happy to read you again, I always look anxiously forward to every new chapter of yours :D HUGS
Alicat76 chapter 20 . 6/10/2011
That was really poignant because my dad used to sing that to me when I was a baby... and I still remember it. He isn't around now and it's so easy to hear his voice when I think of how he sang it. I love how at first Brennan was unsure about how Booth would feel when he saw Hannah again... but then she had the unwavering knowledge that Booth told her he loved her and she knew she could count on him. You capture the love and emotion between them so perfectly :) x
Aching Bones chapter 20 . 6/10/2011
Hi there,

Truly beautiful...

Ger
Aching Bones chapter 19 . 6/8/2011
Hi there,

She was and always has been his everything...his sanctuary! His saviour! All that is good and clean...Lovely chapter...

Ger
daisy07 chapter 19 . 6/8/2011
Another beautiful piece of writing, and I think you have portrayed Booth perfectly. I loved the contrast between the peace of his home and the madness of his day. Incredibly powerful.
bebe2580 chapter 19 . 6/7/2011
This was sooo beautiful! The contrast between him beating himself up and doubting himself, and the peaceful thoughts that he felt from his life with Bren were amazing...

You have a way with words, and the only thing I can complain about is that you're not updating fast enough LOL! REally, I hope you can post here soon... I can't wait!
4evercaskett chapter 19 . 6/7/2011
I loved this..

-Hannah ask if she missed her moment and Booth tells her it no it just was never yours.