Reviews for The Bogey Book
gravity01 chapter 6 . 4/8/2013
Aww. That was sweet in a bizarre sort of way. I like the middle ground they came up with. And Jareth's weariness was both sad and humanizing.

Very nicely done :)
gravity01 chapter 5 . 4/8/2013
Ah! Mixed feelings here! I don't know if I'd rather have her burn the book or not. He's horrible... but still... agh. What a mess.

Maybe there's a compromise. Maybe he'll fix the town if she threatens him.

Also... who's to say the world would go back to normal if he dies?. How bad would it suck for him to die and Sarah to realize that he was the only one who could undo what had been done to the town?
gravity01 chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
So weird! I can't imagine waking up... like that. And it's good she caved when she did. I suspect it wouldn't have taken long for the city to run out of supplies. I doubt anyone would have survived a year.

And this is just the beginning. That's troubling. I mean, she's doing this to fix the problem, but if his goal is to cause chaos, then it's only going to get worse.
gravity01 chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Crazy. I like the idea of Jareth's corporeal nature being linked to how much she's read. Although I'm not sure I understand the end. He seemed too accepting of her refusal to read more. And what's with changing the town... and what's he looking for?

Well... lets see if the next chapter explains...
gravity01 chapter 2 . 4/8/2013
Yikes. Scary! I've never heard of 'Don't look under the bed' but some bits of this definitely make me think of Tom Riddle's diary. I half expect her to write in it or something, just to see what happens. The idea of an inanimate object haunting/following someone is most disturbing. And not in a cute way like that living scarf in one of your other stories.

Reading on...
gravity01 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
I'm excited to read this story. Where your Jareth characters are all creeptastic, Sarah is like the monument to all of us who know something is a bad idea, but plow ahead anyway. I think if she was just oblivious, her behavior would irritate me... but the fact that she fully admits that something is no good, and then proceeds anyway... I don't know, it's oddly endearing. Because who HASN'T done that at some point?

Looking forward to the rest.
firerock876 chapter 6 . 8/6/2012
SharpestSatire chapter 6 . 7/3/2012
Oh my word! This is brilliant! But you left it so... so... sequel ready! I don't suppose you can write a sequel? Because this was lovely. It was a brilliant twist to the Labyrinth world.

If not, maybe could you recommend stories like this (preferably not rated M) or books like this? Or maybe write a sequel? :P
Guest chapter 6 . 5/24/2012
Actually, I think it would have been more intriguing if you had ended the story at Chapter Five. Spooky.

...but I would've been sad, so I'm glad you didn't.
tikkul chapter 6 . 5/7/2012
oh this story is so darling! i was expecting jareth to be much darker, but this was reallllly nice. i wish you would write more for labyrinth, as i have also read bodice ripper and the story of the spirit trapped in Sarah's room, all very good reads. :) you are one of my favorite authors.
ShadowedBelief chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
Aww. Thats so cute! :D I'm glad she didn't burn the book.
ShadowedBelief chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
I am enjoying this too much to go do anything else, but as soon as I'm done I'm going to watch it. One thing though, why do so many people assume Jareth is evil? I mean yeah, he did keep threatening to dunk hoggle in the bog, and he did take toby. But he never hurt Sarah or any of the other characters (the goblins managed to hurt themselves mostly) and Sarah wished Toby away.

Sorry, totally didn't mean to turn the review into a rant, and it's not a reflection on your story at all. I truley am enjoying it, it was simply an observation.

Asterisk
Lolita chapter 6 . 3/27/2011
That was too cute, I love it!
misunderstoodemon chapter 6 . 2/24/2011
I really like this one - a very suitable Hallowe'en story, and one that has more to it than the usual try-to-scare-you-spitless ones. Very nice!

misunderstoodemon