Reviews for Jocasta's Child
Guest chapter 13 . 7/3/2014
poor oedipus. His children and family are borne cursed thanks to the cruel Myth Gods of Greece. My hearth goes out for him because it was all Laius' fault for raping Chryssiphus and cursing his descendants
Dimas chapter 11 . 1/21/2010
A good interpretation of the Oedipus myth. Very descriptive, and the style is solid. I like how you used referenced other Greek legends in it.

Some of the statements almost feel as if they were written by Sophocles or Euripides. Here's an example. Chapter 9:

"I died long ago. On that day, who was nearby to weep for Jocasta?"

Hope you update soon.
Sapphire Warrioress chapter 8 . 4/13/2009
I'm really enjoying this story.

You've done a beautiful job with Jocasta's character, bringing out her courage, loneliness and dignity.

I'm looking forward to reding your next chapter.

Wonderful job.
Iris Aquarius chapter 7 . 3/14/2009
I am so excited you are writing this again! Please keep it up! It's one of my favorites. This new chapter is just as good as the others. Your characters have so much emotion, they really seem to feel. I love reading your work. Thank you for continuing this story!
Iris Aquarius chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
I am still just as in love with this story as I was at the first chapter. Please keep writing! It's really very well done; the empathy for Jocasta is very very powerful.
mrmistoffelees chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
Nice job so far...I know of the myth, but so far, no-one's told Jocastas's side before.
SSJ Leia chapter 4 . 1/3/2009
This is lovely. I've always liked the story of Oedipus. It's usually him I feel sorry for, but now I realize Jocasta is a very tragic character too. Nice job personalizing her story.
Iris Aquarius chapter 2 . 11/19/2008
Oh, This is really well written. The emotion is evocative and already I feel such pain for Jocasta. Aw what a sad story. I've read the Oedipus trilogy so many times because it's got so much tragedy and it always makes me want to cry. I love this! Please continue!
Cazaletta chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
canNOT wait for the next one! Loved it, great stuff... please do another chapter!