Reviews for The Wake Up Call
Will you ever continue this story?
bunnikkila chapter 3 . 12/21/2014
I love the exchange between WALL-E and AUTO here, and the insight it starts to spark in AUTO. Very strong chapter overall!

(Also Hannah is adorable.)
bunnikkila chapter 2 . 12/21/2014
I love how you write McCrea - I easily read all his lines in his voice. The echoes of things he'd said to AUTO before are very effective here too, and the final bit with the new directive is really charming and opens up a lot.
bunnikkila chapter 1 . 12/12/2014
This is fantastic. AUTO's outrage over the movie still has me laughing, and Hannah is just plain adorable. Love it!
Silvara chapter 3 . 8/13/2012
Nothing in the normal, mildly interesting summary could prepare me to the brilliant writing contained in these three chapters! At this moment, this is one of my favorite WALL-E fanfiction. No many fanfiction can make me laugh, yet this one has been really good at it so far! :]
I am happy Auto didn't have to spend the night alone with the storm... even if it could have added to some interesting catharsis... :P
Silvara chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
Forgot to say (something very important - sarcasm):

That mentorship - and then reversed mentorship - is all the more beautifuuul!
I...just wow. Mh...I hope we will see more CaptainAutopilot interaction again. ]
Silvara chapter 2 . 8/11/2012
Ch1: "My name's Hannah! I'm fourteen, and I'm a roboticist!" She said the last phrase with great pride.
Now that I am reassured, I can say that you serisouly made me afraid at that line. Happily, you are obviously more mature than the heroine.
...
Okay, I admit that you know your classics and your Auto is one fo a kind. Mh-hm... _ OKAY I love him! His passive agressive line of thoughts is irresistible and- Mooooore xD

"Being raised by humans instead of robots might have something to do with it."
Auto had a theory of his own. He suspected that the planet Earth itself caused all of its inhabitants to go insane.
Ah sweet sweet Auto... So vibrant and realist and so cruel in his innocence.

"The Capitain (...) did not want to survive. He wanted to live. Now Auto himself was experiencing something similar. He had never thought he would be faced with a life without directives. (...) Auto did not want to be trash."
Now I am seriously impressed. Did you just use a power reversal coupled with a mirrored comparison to give a robot a soul? In a way that makes /sense/? Is that really happenning on FFnet?
Your character exploration and development is ridiculously good!

(From chapter one to chapter two your story escallated at a crazy rate in my standards. Now what are you going to pull in chapter three? :] If you keep it like this, I'll really consider paying to read you.)

"Your main directive is to Learn."
Mwhahaha, you naive fool, do you know how far an AI can go with a vague directive like "learn"? Don't be surprised if you find kidnapped and dissected humans, new bacteriological virsus or worse, ha ha...ha.
Aaand that's my cue: time to answer my pillow's call.
Silvara chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Dunno how I feel about your OC. Fun enough. Could be worst.
Were I less grumpy and elitist I might have said this is refreshing, clever interesting and cute.
But I am grumpy tonight.
cerealkiller5656 chapter 3 . 3/10/2012
Omg, why did you stop updating this? This is so good, don't abandon the story!
monkmonkeys chapter 3 . 10/12/2011
Wow this is a great story that got me into it. Lol i really feel for Auto, Eve, and Wall-E. Its a pretty good story in development.

Its been nearly 3 years and u havent updated did u abandon this story? Plz continue with it
SentinelSpockNimoy chapter 3 . 9/19/2011
This is so good. I love how you portrayed Auto as being sort of like a child who is just learning the ways of his world. And when the storm hit and poor Auto was so scared-I just wanted to hug him there. Please continue!
wall-e fan chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
i love how hannah is so persistant. good work!
the sudoku kid chapter 3 . 3/26/2011
I love this story and I hope you continue it because I'd like to see what kind of a personality AUTO develops. If you decide not to continue this, that's okay too. Keep up the good work.
Disney Pixar WALL.E chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
i was eating when i read this when i got to the part where auto hated the movie and tried to escape i choked because i laughed so hard then when auto started arguing i fell out of my chair laughing YOU MUST UPDATE
disney fan chapter 1 . 8/15/2010