Reviews for Surprise Times Two
Stina Whatever chapter 2 . 1/24/2013
Angelus is back! This is great
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 2 . 5/24/2009
Oh yeah…

Now THAT is what I’m talking about; Angela and Angelus, in action at the SAME TIME?

For me, that was always the only real flaw in the ‘Angelus’-related storylines; he plays the Big Bad for half a season in “Buffy” and “Angel”, and yet he and Angel are only ever face-to-face for around five minutes in “Orpheus”.

True, the fact that Angela’s only human means that the opportunity to witness the two sides of ‘Angel’ actually engaging in combat- Angelus relying on his brute strength while Angela uses her slighter build, that kind of thing- won’t happen given Angela’s lack of her vampiric strength, but we DO get the unique opportunity to see how the vampire and the soul react to each other.

From the moment when Angelus commented that it was ‘time to meet the real deal’ in Buffy’s dream, I was HOOKED on this story, and Buffy’s subsequent suspicions about Angela’s true feelings for her only added to it; if it took several months for Buffy to get used to the idea of dating a MALE vampire, how’s she going to react to the idea of a FEMALE vampire being in love with her?

The scene with Buffy and Angela realising that Angela was human only further added to my already-high opinion of this part of the series- a bunch of little clues that added together to create the final picture, rather than Angela just going “Hey, I’m alive!” like Angel did after his encounter with the Mohra demon-, and the moment when Angela and Angelus first caught sight of each other was exceptional, but the moments when the gang learned of Angela’s original identity…

I’m not sure what I loved more, really; Buffy’s stunned silence as she looked back at all the clues to that revelation that she’d never noticed before, or Xander just getting stuck in a loop and repeating ‘You were a man?” at her all the time.

Oh, and mustn’t forget Angelus, of course; the guy does NOT look like he’s going to be content to leave Angela alone any time soon now that he’s out and able to attack her…

Seriously, after this, I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the next story!
ANN chapter 2 . 1/19/2009
love these stories ... more please
Turn.Me.On chapter 2 . 11/12/2008
Great chapter! I wonder if the scoobies or Angelus will find out that if one dies, so does the other, unless you change that little tidbit in which them not finding out doesn't matter. Can't wait to read Divided We Die :)
Turn.Me.On chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
Great chapter! Creative using the Toth Demons scepter or whatever it was to bring Angelus out :)
Harry2 chapter 2 . 11/7/2008
Oh dear! With both Angela AND Angelus on the loose, things are about to get VERY interesting! And now that things are out in the open, what does this spell for Jenny, Willow, Giles and Buffy?
Queen Boadicea chapter 2 . 11/7/2008
Hey, I completely forgot about Toth's little toy, the one that split Xander in two! Well done, Philip. You're better than Drusilla. You never stop surprising us!

But, of course, Angelus doesn't know the entire story, does he? Killing his human self will kill him as well.

I wonder if that's Drusilla's intention. She wants her Daddy back, yes. But I haven't forgotten how she tortured Angel(a) for killing her family. Getting rid of Angelus once and for all would give her revenge and hurt the Slayer, possibly emotionally incapacitating Buffy so that Drusilla could kill her.

It would be a very deep game for Drusilla to play and she does seem a little too happy to have Angelus back for it to be true. Then again, this wouldn't be the first time Spike and Angelus have underestimated her.

Ooh, now I'm all a-tingle for the next chapter.
Allen Pitt chapter 2 . 11/7/2008
And it'll be Giles who probably first figures out that if one dies so does the other. As things get worse, more and more people are going to be urging the idea that killing Angela would be a gret solution. While Angelus once he figures it out will be real upset, might want to lock her up in a cage somewhere...

Though from the s5 episode, breaking this isn't hard, though it might take both of them together in the same place etc to do it...

hm... in a way it does reinforce that Angel/Angelus are 2 separate people, something that Xander always had a particular problem with...
Allen Pitt chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Using the Toth stick is neat. If they split in two, Angela might be a human woman, weird thought. And the scoobs would know (soon) that killing her would kill Angelus. Weird. Boy, Giles will be kicking himself for not realizing Angela was Angelus. Huh, I wonder if Jenny will get in any trouble over not telling what she knew. heh
Queen Boadicea chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
No matter how much I disliked Drusilla, I have to admit she was a fearsome creature, all the more so because she was so unpredictable. Spike may have liked her for her ability to surprise but let's not forget how unpleasant a lot of surprises can be. When Angelus came back, Spike must have been happy for about a minute before he saw Drusilla run back to Daddy's side and start crawling over him like an alcoholic running to an open bar meeting.

I believe that's why Spike went after Slayers and why he stayed in Sunnydale so long even with Buffy kicking his butt over and over again. He'd made his reputation being a Slayer killer, something Angelus never managed, and he couldn't retreat from his third Slayer kill without looking weak in Drusilla's eyes. He had to try because it was the only way to prove himself the better vamp. It must have been truly crushing (pen intended) to find himself crippled, needy, weak and forced to watch as Drusilla banged hips with her Sire again. I almost felt sorry for him seeing that on the original show.

Oh wait. No, I didn't. ;D

So if Angelus comes back, then it would seem that restoring the soul would restore Angela, too. Hm, there are possibilities, aren't there?
Harry2 chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
I have a BAD feeling that Drusilla's Mojo awoke Angelus! If that is the case, then Buffy is in SERIOUS trouble!