Reviews for Honesty
meelee729697 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
"All the same, I was bleeding."
- This was so moving. I loved it. Even tho there was pain, it potrayed the very realness of their relationship & their human emotions. ... & the fact that they each learned a lesson (as it should be)... All the better. :)
I love, love, LoVeD it!
Well done.
Cris.P.C chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
Wow. This was so distressing, OMG, but so beautiful at the same time… I completely loved it, your writing is awesome. :D Poor Carlisle, I thought he was going to faint, poor thing. Esme was too angry with him, but I can understand that, he lied to her too easily… And I loved the ending! CX It's an amazing fic, thanks so much for writing it! :D
Midwinter Sun chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This was incredible. Carlisle/Esmé is one of my favorite ships. You really portrayed them in the way that I think they would have acted. It was very in character, and I was mostly able to read it in the characters' voices. I must admit, though, when Carlisle said: "I was so afraid you wouldn't come back" that I read it in Samwise Gamgee's voice. It just reminded me of when he said "I though I'd lost you" and... well, you get the picture. I had to laugh at myself, though. I like Sam too much. And Carlisle too much. And Twilight too much.
I'm not sure what else to say. But I'm adding this to my favs. *Clicks*
Best Wishes,
Sun
Jeraly chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
HollyShannenForever chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Very nice! You captured their emotions perfectly!
AppealingToHeaven0202 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I read a story earlier, which one I won't tell, but the indifference Carlisle showed towards Esme honestly sickened me. I believe that your story should really be the model of intentions when it comes to mates and their behaviors towards one another. I love the one-shot and appreciate the time and effort that went into Honesty. Good Job.
cinewardy chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
wow.. great story :)
Emily31594 chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
Beautifully written.
Citizen of Volterra chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
Fabulous! I loved it! Carlisle and Esme are so amazaing!
lythiem chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
this is such a wonderful story!

all the words are fitting together like a great puzzle...

i could read this story a million times!

in my opinion it's one of the best fanfictions ever!

i'm sorry, i can't really tell you what i think...

my english is not so good but i tried my best to tell you how much i like this story!

i just know it because i read the german translation...

(the orgininal is better i think!)

so i send the best wishes to you from germany!
roon0 chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
This was an excellent story. Very mature and realistic I loved it.
ana4242 chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
this story was so sweat and real i hope you write more like it.
StormDragonfly chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Hi! I wondered over here from the rec you got on ALSL. :)

I want to say that I love the idea behind this one-shot. It's true that a mature couple has to deal with things like this now and again, and I'm happy to see someone approach a realistic conflict on fanfiction.

In all honesty, though, this story shifted for me from realism to melodrama with this line: "You know I have to be a good liar, you know that!" His voice was stronger, more emphatic. "I lie to them, to the humans, never to you!"

It might have been the exclamation points that did it, but it turned Carlisle from wise and compassionate to whiny and panicked, and that just didn't jibe for me. Sometimes big issues can be made out of small things, and I don't picture Carlisle and Esme as the type of personalities to do that.

Yet I really do think that this was a brave attempt at showing a relationship conflict and the necessity of dealing with it. Forgiveness is important, and love is an essential part of that. And Lord knows I've been made at my husband and had to get out of the house once or twice myself for some cool down time. I just felt that this story teetered a little close to over-reaction. A little bit of tightening up would easily eliminate that.

Thanks for a story that's more about life than pizzazz. :)
AlteredLionsSacrificialLambs chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Our recommendation as posted to our blog at:

.com

The first thing I'd like to point out is that this one shot is very well-written, and it is rated T when it should be rated M. Why do I think this? Because while it may not contain anything citrusy to elicit an M rating, this story is one of the more mature fics I've ever read. whitereflections12 does an incredible job portraying Carlisle and Esme as multi-layered characters who love like mature adults do, who feel like mature adults do, who FAIL like mature adults do, and who misunderstand like mature adults do. This story is mature precisely because it evokes our ability as adults to fail in our relationships.

Not that all failures are equal, mind you. And while Carlisle does lie to Esme in this story, he does it for a noble reason. Should he have lied? That's arguable. Part of me while reading this story felt compassion for Esme...but another part of me raged against her overreaction. But, we all have the tendency to do this - some of us many times, some of us not so much - and the author beautifully paints the betrayal, the hurt, the horror, the anguish, and the vulnerability of her characters here.

whitereflections12 makes Carlisle and Esme seem HUMAN in this story. I think you should definitely give this one shot a chance. And when you're done, please give her other stories a chance as well. She's the author of 50 stories - 25 of which are Twilight-centered, and they all span different pairings.
Heimarmene chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Excellent, heartwrenching, and epic. I love it :)