Reviews for The Meaning of Pain
KJHWCCS chapter 4 . 10/5/2012
Oh man I read this...what? A few weeks ago and didn't leave a review. Really enjoyed this immensely. Hwo is such a shut in, and written so perfectly. The idea of him hiding at a time like that is just so not him but very realistic. I enjoyed Steve, Julia and Christie as well, Christie especially, poor girl.

"You brought two?" Hwoarang was too stunned to inflict any violence on the letter.

"Don't destroy it. I don't have any more," Jin cautioned."

This bit got me lol Brillant.
starkmaddness chapter 4 . 8/25/2010
Another well-written piece from you. It was such a pleasure to read. Thank you.
Pinkbuffer chapter 4 . 10/15/2009
Wow time flys free without you knowing it,as the ending of the story has arrived. I would of thought Hwoarang would end up going after Kazama in the ending but you turn the cards on me. I was impressed by the ending though, Kazama going after Hwoarang for friendship. He has guts after what he did to the Korean. In my opinion this ending should be use in Tekken 6 as Hwoarang's prologue. Awesome job with the FF. :-D
Vanessa Dragunova chapter 4 . 10/8/2009
One of my favorite lines here: "...I would have at least one person there who won’t stab me in the back. No matter how much you hated me, you would do so openly and stab me up front.” It sounds very Jin indeed.

I loved every word of this story, every situation were so brilliant, just as you can do.

I must confess I read your work twice and couldn't find anything that I didn't like it. So, I think it's the first time I'm going to call a story epic since I've got no more words to say, and yes, it really is.
TeaC0sy chapter 4 . 10/8/2009
Before reading, I checked my first review for this fic and it was 11 months ago. How time flies!

You know, the way Hwoarang left the fight and how the subsequent events played out, it felt like I was reading an action-packed film, if that makes any sense. The flow of the fic was great, everything worked and just fell into place.

~Jin sighed. “I thought you might be stubborn, and so I brought you another one.” He reached into his coat pocket and dug up an exact copy of the first letter. - ...serously, LOL that was brilliant! :D

~No matter how much you hated me, you would do so openly and stab me up front. - lovely line.

I'm a little sad this is over! It was an amazing story, and I loved each chapter. Your characterisations were great and as always you have some lines that just make you smirk - with humour or just because they are that good. Great fic. :D
Razer Athane chapter 4 . 10/7/2009
WHAT? COMPLETE! D: -sits to read-

Hwoarang listened to the pandemonium of noise and cheer with surprising disinterest. - happy face!

He threw his roll bag on the bench outside the cage, warned, “Don’t let anyone steal my shit,” and entered. - YES. XD

“You are a pretty one... Maybe, once this is over, I’ll show you a good time. Tap that—” - XDXDXDXDXDXD DUN DUN DUN.

His expression contorted in distaste, but then he started peeling his shirt off. - TAKE IT OFF! 8D

Now he knew, of course, which spot to work on, but his reaction had been surprisingly human: shock and sympathy. - Loved this. Beautiful.

“I thought you might be stubborn, and so I brought you another one.” - I LOLOLOLOL!

"I would have at least one person there who won’t stab me in the back. No matter how much you hated me, you would do so openly and stab me up front.” - This was fucking gorgeous. I love you for this line alone X3 X3 X3

Great story.
Vanessa Dragunova chapter 3 . 9/13/2009
OMG, Salysha! This is the coldest fic you've got here! Full of pain, yes, which shattered my heart while reading, but clearly enjoying. I regret for not having read it before!

I loved the final sentence of the third chapter. Very dark but true.

It's nice to know that your fics always bring intense emotions to me; honestly, "The Meaning of Pain" (I loved the title, by the way) exceeded the others.

Five golden stars, and definitely, added to my faves.
Pinkbuffer chapter 3 . 5/6/2009
Interesting chapter. So much going on.

I've enjoyed the plot in the chapter as well as the other Tekken members asking for help from Hwoarang in thought clever idea of you.

Also I've been waiting for someone to write events from Tekken 6 such as Jin ruling the Mishima Zaibatru and Eddy Gordo working for him indeed Awesome Salysha I couldnt be any happier :-D

Thrillin' update.
NiuNiu chapter 3 . 5/3/2009
O! I was truly enjoying while reading this. All the characters are just like they should be, good job with it! I'm extremely pleased to find more mature fic like this, not the typical "eks, teenager fangirl squell LOL!"-stuff that's horribly much around the net. There's just the right amount of seriousness in the fic, chapters are well-balanced and Hwoarang is such a desperate Bad-Ass you need to love him... I'm waiting curiously to see where this fic is going in the future. Judging from the previous, it can't be nothing but marvelous!

Sincerely,

NiuNiu

(Hwoarang fan since 1998)
Darial Goldscythe Kuznetsova chapter 3 . 5/2/2009
Nice. *cuddles Hwoarang* Eeh... I have been awake over 30 hours, way over 30 hours. Let's get back with the feedback that makes more sense later, ok?
SeungSeiRan chapter 3 . 5/1/2009
Finally! I've been running out of good fics to read :). And I like my Hwoarang all troubled and broody XD. Brain's kinda squishy at the moment so I can't say something even mildly intelligent. But I did enjoy this update all the same
TeaC0sy chapter 3 . 4/29/2009
Loved it :D I particularly liked the characterisation of Steve and Julia, and the painful desperation of Christie's was a great touch. Hwoarang was, as ever, just as darkly delightful as passing out after a caffiene overdose. Not that I'd know.

Favourite bits:

~ ..The fucker swept the floor with me, last we fought.” Steve shrugged; he had said it out loud now. He gave a rueful non-grin and headed for the door. - Heh. Again, love the characterisation :)

~They had all felt so connected back at the tournament, like they had known one another forever, but now they realized none of them even knew by what name “Hwoarang” fared in everyday life...

But devil’s children had the devil’s luck, and so did the odd assembly. - I kinda smiled here. Nice coupla lines.

~And, well basically the whole of Hwoarang's reintroduction. XD

All in all, great chapter. I'm eagerly anticipating the next installment :)
JunKing chapter 3 . 4/29/2009
Hey again! Wow this was a really good chapter and I very much liked the inclusion of Steve, Julia, and Christie. It was a very touching chapter, watching them trying to reach out to Hwoarang for help. I liked how you made Christie have that hint of desperation to her. Hell, its understandable given the things shes going through. Julia makes a good leader in my opinion, and she was well written here. She had strength and authority but at the same time, she remained calm at all times. Their plan sounds dangerous and it leaves me anticipating the next chapter so I can find out what the result will be. Also, Steve's advice to Hwoarang was touching in that manly sort of way. He missed his friend and was concerned about where he was letting himself be driven. That was a nice moment there. Overall, this was a very good chapter and I can't wait to see what will happen next! Keep up the great work and don't keep us waiting too long:)

P.S. That bit about Christie about to use her jinga against Steve had me cracking up for a good five minutes straight:)
Razer Athane chapter 3 . 4/29/2009
Love how you put in 'the meaning of pain/fear' and so on continuously ;)

Yuck, 20 degrees celsius is t3h COLD!

I like how you included Steve's accent! :)

The whole chat scene and stuff from when you reintroduce Hwoarang is brilliant. Great job, Salysha.
JunKing chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
I really like how Hwoarang is so cold even to Baek. This version of Hwoarang's character is a bit different from the other portrayals I've read from you, and its cool to see such a change. Baek's inner struggle towards his student was also a nice touch. I have to admit, if I had gone a year thinking my teacher and close friend was dead, only to find out he was alive, I would've been pissed off too. But I like how that twelve month gap has made both characters unsure of the other's motives. Overall, I loved the style of writing and you always make me feel like I'm really there witnessing these events. Keep up the great work!:)