Reviews for In Love & War
Kananox chapter 24 . 7/2
Clara, i think the fuck not! Chuck wasn't the only one drafted ffs, that was ALL the men in the village she fucked over! Ugh
readerkp16 chapter 25 . 2/26
THis was epic and awesome
Victoirepeonies chapter 1 . 10/22/2017
This is probably my 10th time coming back to read this story. It is absolutely beautiful and it always makes me cry. You capture Chuck and Blair exactly as they would act in this situation perfectly. Much love and although I doubt it I hope to see another beautiful story written soon
xx
Victorie
Klarobass chapter 25 . 9/20/2017
This story was incredible from start to finish, you are a phenomenal writer and I mean they. You've captured Chuck and Blair do well in this AU world you've created. It's stories like this that remind be Egypt I love reading AU stories. Their reunion was really touching and full of heart. I love the passion the two share for one another. I wasn't expecting Chuck and Blair to have another child that we saw a glimpse of in the thirteen year Flash forward. I love seeing how dedicated they are to Melanie's well being. They'd make Nate and Vanessa proud of them. Eve certainly came as a pleasant surprise. It sends they are content of staying in Scotland even after thirteen years, it's become their home in every way possible. In the end it was Blair who ended up saving him from himself. This fic was full of heart, intrigue, passion and love. I loved reading every minute of it, but kind of sad it's over now. I do hope to read more fics from you in the future. Great work!
Klarobass chapter 24 . 9/18/2017
I. knew it! I knew the entire the it was Clara that had Chuck drafted. She was hotly clearly angry with Chuck and she hated Blair, do had Chuck drafted in retaliation for being sent away by Blair, but I didn't expect her to save Jodie from those abominable men. I still dislike her though for drafting Chuck. I loved Blair's whole phycic thing going on there and how she did she sense how Chuck was feeling from miles as away. They always knew how to read each other like open books. Icons is so determined to make it back home to Blair and I Can't wait to read their reunion in the next and final chapter.
Klarobass chapter 23 . 9/17/2017
I think by soul died a little bit reading this chapter. Such a heart wrenching chapter to read. Hopefully he won't lose the blue pass, so he can get back home to Blair and Melanie. I love how Nate is placing his trust in Chuck to care for and raise his daughter, someone who means everything to him, even if he hadn't met her. Poor Nate. Poor Chuck. He's probably feeling like a failure now, going through all this thirty to retrieve him and bring him home to be united with his daughter, only for him to be dying in his arms. Poor Chuck well be damaged by this, witnessing his best friend die in front of him on the battlefield. That would leave scars. I do hope he makes it back to Blair and fulfills his vow to Nate to raise and care for his daughter. They were apart for many years, and in a way it was his dying they brought them back together. Chuck probably is thinking of blaming himself knowing him, but he will have Blair and Melanie to love Anne remind him the meaning of family. I have no doubt Chuck will honor his best friends wishes in regards to Melanie. I hope to finish the story between tomorrow and Monday
Klarobass chapter 22 . 9/15/2017
Wow, war has turned Nate dark. The scene between him and Chuck was so emotional and the emotions you were able to evoke we really gripping. Wasn't expecting him to pull the trigger on himself. Somehow in getting the vive Nate isn't going to make it back. It's so sad to see Chuck and Nate's Griego deteriorate the way it has. I loved the flashback, even at an earlier age it sends Chuck was the one pulling the strings in Blair and Nate's relationship. Chuck just have get like he was the one dating Blair at the time, even before he developed feelings for her. He always covered for Nate. I always got the impression Nate and Blair weren't really happy together, but just put on their masks for society. Love how Chuck came to be rescue when Nate let he down in going to the charity event. Yikes, Eleanor's condition send to be withering everytime we see her. It's so heartbreaking for Blair, as Eleanor's really the only family she has left, which means Blair will be the last waldorf. I feel sad Scott they thought. I do think Melanie could be treated like she's a Waldorf-bass though, even if she's biologically an archibald if Nate doesn't pull through. Kevin being back should make things interesting. He's always there right place, wrong time helping come to Blair's aid. I'm looking fists to the next chapter.
Klarobass chapter 21 . 9/13/2017
Seeing them separated from each other and feeling lost without one another is very sad to read, but like I said in the previous chapter I have no doubt they'll find their way back to each other in the end. I love how determined Chuck is to find his best friend and unite him with his daughter and to find his way back to Blair. A man on a mission, is a man who has something to live for. Things may be looking down right now, but hopefully they'll turn around by the end. I had wondered if we saw the last of Kevin and now I have my answer. Chuck most have a lot of restraint to place his trusty in Kevin to bring his letter to Blair, knowing the letmering looks he gave Blair the last time they saw him, but I do think he'll keep his word. You know Chuck is determined to find Nate when he sacrafices his freedom to return to Blair in order to find Nate. This story is getting ready good and looking forward to reading these last few chapters and seeing how everything wraps up.
Klarobass chapter 20 . 9/12/2017
This chapter was so heartbreaking. I felt my great shatter into a million pieces reading this. Chuck has finally been drafted, which I'm assuming he's doing to find Nate? The thing Blair feared happening in earlier Chartiers like chapters has finally happened, him being drafted. I hope Vivi will already be able to find Nate, but why do I get a feeling it's going to end in more tearjerkers for these former best friends. I enjoyed reading the flashbacks between Chuck and Blair as children. It seems even at a young age, all Blair wanted to do was impress her mother, to no avail, too focused on he work to pay attention to her daughter. Poor Blair, putting in all that effort for nothing. I like how Chuck was there at just the right place, wrong time and yet she found solace in his presence. I also loved Chuck's flashback to when Chuck and Blair's secret relationship started. No matter how hard she tried to fight he attraction to him, she just couldn't and have in. The saddest part had to be when Chuck and Blair had to say their goodbyes to each other as they finally said their ily's. I have no doubt Chuck and Blair will find their way back to each other eventually. It was so touching the way they clung to each other and how protective Chuck was of Blair. I'm looking fists to reading these last few chapters this week.
Klarobass chapter 19 . 9/11/2017
I was crying uncontrollably this chapter. Things were going so good between them before this chapter. I was so hoping Vanessa would make it and be reunited with Nate by the end, but it seems not everything goes according to plan. Now Chuck is dead set on finding Nate. But what lengths will be go to in his quest to find Nate? Surely be can't leave Blair at this particular moment, at this particular time. The advert was so heart wrenching to read, but incredibly well written. I have a feeling we're in for a bumpy roadblock going forward, but I have no doubt Chuck and Blair will prevail in the end. I knew their honeymoon phase wouldn't be permanent, but it was still painful to read. Chuck's anguished thoughts and words are what especially got to me. Even after all these years that's still that part of himself that doesn't believe he deserves any happiness and blames himself for his mother's death, much like his father dies. The only way for him to give Peace within himself is to forgive himself and allow himself to be happy. It almost seems like he's finding Nate, not to just reunite him with his daughter, but to reunite him with Blair, thinking she wants him again. Excellent chapter and I anticipate reading the next one.
Klarobass chapter 18 . 9/9/2017
It looks like Blair sending Clara away just be more trouble than Blair thought. She's so conniving, so I wouldn't put it past her to rat Chuck and his entire village out, bit I'm not sure I blame Blair for being upset with Clara either. I had a feeling this would come back to haunt her later.

It's there anything Chuck doesn't know, but ether I really like it's how even when he knew Blair was barren, he still wanted to marry her, even after discovering this truth. It shows even after all these years he still cares about her. She's his kryptonite. That shows his devotion to her. I wasn't expecting Polly to be part of the dress scheme, I thought for sure it was all Clara, but I guess she wanted her moment of Fame. I wonder what there going to do to protect their village? Will Chuck end up striking up some kind of deal?

I'm guessing this is where the NV part of the story comes into play. Will we learn what happened to Nate all these years since Chuck and Blair last saw him. I've always kind of liked the idea behind Nate and Vanessa. I low key shipped them in season 2.
Klarobass chapter 17 . 9/8/2017
I loved this chapter. I loved seeing Chuck and Blair do vulnerable with each other are he recovered, hashing out their feelings. Finally Chuck tells her what he so if have told her all those years ago, that he wanted her to pick him instead of Nate. It's one of his most honest moments. I agree with Blair's Ferguson to kick Clara out. At the end of the day, she has to look out for the entire village over just one person. Plus, she put Chuck in jeopardy, who says she might not do the same to someone rise, whether intentional or unintentional. Blair taking care of Chuck was incredibly sweet to read and it just goes to show her devotion and dedication to him.
Klarobass chapter 16 . 9/7/2017
oh my gosh, I can't believe they ending. Hopefully Chuck will be okay because he can't die. But I suppose it'll be Blair who has to tend to his wounds since they have no doctor. I can't believe Chuck got shot. I have to say, I really don't like Clara. She's like a cockroach you just can't get rid of. Their wedding night was perfect and do intimate, but then Chuck has to turn it into a be game. Everything was going so perfectly. This isn't going to go well, is it? But in the end I'm sure they'll overcome it. Now they send to be avoiding each other. Admit what you two feel for the other is real. I loved the library scene with the poetry. Ruby is just so adorable.
Klarobass chapter 15 . 9/5/2017
This was an excellent chapter. I love how you wrote their nervousness around each other. It's evident they have strong feelings for each other at this point, but their too proud to admit it to each other. I love Doris and Jacob's lotalty to their charges. They have so much in common in that regard. Clara, still being a thorn in Blair's side. Still trying to intimidate Blair, but she has yet to learn the will ultimately be her downfall in the end. The kiss was really sweet and of course you had to leave it there. I'm anticipating the next chapter.
Klarobass chapter 14 . 9/4/2017
I love how you paralleled Chuck and Blair interactions with Dorota and Jacob back and forth, back to back. And how similar they were. It was like they were thinking the same thing at the same time. And of course when one realizes they were in love with the other, the other this that they don't love the other. They are so stubborn. The only people who don't realize their feelings for each other, are themselves. Dorota and Jacob are 100% correct, they need to tell each other how they feel veggie the miscommunication spreads further. Nice setup chapter for the wedding.
1,705 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »